• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, who farted?

I mean, it's not that serious. Just a forum. Are people really here to make friends or genuine bonds lol?

That being said, I don't shed any tears over "celebs" disappearing.

Happy Married With Children GIF

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Forum celebs are totally a thing. The 'in-crowd' who all get along, have their own in jokes etc and the people who try to get into their orbit. Largely developed here because for a long time there weren't that many people who stuck around.

Things changed and when they suddenly didn't have the run of the place some left, while some of them made complete shitheads out-of themselves. The exact same behaviour people were rightly slagged off for on their way out in 2017.

This is dumb. None of the people that got banned or left of their own accord had "the run of the place." Many of them had accounts since well before the Era split, so to act as if they all were some pre-existing crew that just swooped in and took this place over is ridiculous and not accurate. Hell, a lot of them didn't even get along with each other and the views were varied depending on the topic.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Many of them had accounts since well before the Era split, so to act as if they all were some pre-existing crew that just swooped in and took this place over is ridiculous and not accurate.
That isn't what I said (or isn't what I meant to say anyway). They became prominent members of the community in that time and set the tone of conversation for the forum to a certain extent.

Having an older account and suddenly becoming a forum personality aren't two mutually exclusive things.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That isn't what I said (or isn't what I meant to say anyway). They became prominent members of the community in that time and set the tone of conversation for the forum to a certain extent.

Having an older account and suddenly becoming a forum personality aren't two mutually exclusive things.

Fair enough. I just don’t like the attempt to categorize and dismiss people after the fact when the reality is the most if not all were just fellow posters like you and I.

Nester99

Forum seems to be shifting its culture once again.

We leaned right after the exodus a few years back.

The events of Jan 6th seemed to have shocked the owners of this site, banning certain types of discussion, removing the Reset Era thread. Some posters felt the banned topics were heavy handed on the right leaning posters and easy on the left leaning.
Left leaning posters seem to have increased in abundance causing more strife and conflict.

Poor Tesseract threatened violence to an left leaning agitator and was banned for it. I miss his posts but you can not threaten others no matter how hot you get.

DESTROYA

Whether or not you like it, you can't say you didn't immediately know names like brap/MHK/cunth not only by avatar/persona, but also reputation. The literal definition of celebrity is "the state of being well known."

I'm not making up the term here. It doesn't matter to me whether you held them in high regard or thought they were annoying cunts, but you knew who they were. They knew that you knew who they were. That does something to the human mind. There's expectations involved now that something they say has to be the right level of wit and edginess, or whatever their shtick is. I'm assuming that gets tiring after a while.
I really don’t see it that way.
Look I’ve been a member here for over 10 years like you , sure all those names are familiar as much as yours is to me.
I guess you could argue they were the most vocal and seen but I wouldn‘t call them celebrities , we agree to disagree and thats perfectly fine.
I just see members as other members.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Before the bannings I noticed some posts from some regulars expressing discontent with the growing amount of left leaning stuff on some of the subforums. Just random posts here and there. And before the ban waves happening I noticed some regulars who weren't banned just disappeared. Some of them among the more conservative posters on the site. We can only speculate why they left. Some people just have personal shit in their lives and disappear from forums for a while. Maybe something happened health wise, who knows.. I think there's a chance at least some of them didn't like the influx of rhetoric they found annoying becoming more commonplace and decided to leave.

To each their own. I like forums as a place to have fun and chat with people, I always do my best not to take it overly serious and get upset about stuff. Life's full of enough stresses and agitations, I have no interest in adding artificial ones.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Tesseract Tesseract being banned sucks.

DragoonKain DragoonKain tell me about your neighbor to make me feel better.
He got a new truck which he's been using almost all the time now and he lets that run too, but it isn't souped up, so it's much easier to ignore.

Although I suspect when the weather gets nice he's gonna be back at it with the other cars. The first nice day we had in months a few days ago he was out there bright and early working on the car from 7 am til 5 pm and he ended that day with a bang revving the engine for about 20 minutes, then went inside.

Ionian

Was always that, snake was cut off at the head.

Let the people having fits about it justify the ones that were simply those and not playing nice.

Middle-aged men having fits about basically nothing.

Susurrus

While I don't have any idea to the question asked in the body of the post, I in fact farted. I've been having the nastiest farts lately. Like they seem like small ones that come out quietly and barely anything comes out, and normally would expect them to go unnoticed but then end up being these brutally disgusting stink bombs that just linger and linger. Should I get checked? What's wrong with me, GAF?

Soodanim

Gold Member
I could be way off the mark, but politically this site’s user base is overwhelmingly right. I don’t think there’s much danger of that changing when there’s only a few people that bother having an opposing view against the apocalyptic prophecies you see thrown out at times. So I don’t think that haven is in danger.

I rarely even looked at the Politics section until recently, but based on what I’ve seen I can see a possible reason why the no conspiracies rule came into effect. If it was a “Shut up about it now, you’re ruining this section with some shit that’s been proven to be false” then that makes sense to me. You’re not going to be banned for being Republican like some think, and this place still celebrates being able to discuss nearly any point of view as long as you’re not a complete dick about it.

GymWolf

While I don't have any idea to the question asked in the body of the post, I in fact farted. I've been having the nastiest farts lately. Like they seem like small ones that come out quietly and barely anything comes out, and normally would expect them to go unnoticed but then end up being these brutally disgusting stink bombs that just linger and linger. Should I get checked? What's wrong with me, GAF?
Why are you surprised?! The small and quiet one are always the most lethal.

DonJorginho

Banned
Came here expecting an actual whodunit regarding a fart, so disappointed I can't even let out a lil toot myself, thanks a lot OP.

(is a shame though, next few months will be make or break for where we go next as a community, we just gotta do our best and keep this place as good as it can be, imagine a shitty version of The Avengers, that's us)

Philfrag

Banned
I think people grow up and have other things in their life that ends up being more important than being part of an internet community. When you get other IRL responsibilities the concerns of people on the internet become insignificant. Nearly all discourse online is opinion based and usually doesn't represent reality. Once you realise that it's hard to feel good about spending a lot of time indulging in online discourse, especially online discourse about virtual toys thats fueled by marketing companies.

Account suicide should be a rite of passage

He got banned from Poligaf.

Wow. It's weird because so many people shit on him on that board literally every time he posts. Didn't see the post that got him banned but I'm guessing it's just a bunch of snowflakes who get triggered and need to mass report because they got offended by one of "Toiletsnake's" posts.

Still don't know which post got me banned from there but I'm guessing it was the one where I made a compilation of pictures Trump touching Ivanka inappropriately in response to the "Touchy Feely Biden" pics. EvilLore said "The mods received a lot of reports about inflammatory posts of yours intended to get a rise out of conservative members" which ya, I definitely did post for some of those results. It was literally nowhere near the shit that the "conservative members" still post today. It's nice seeing other people's viewpoints in poligaf and be able to have arguments and discussions and jokes, and I'd like to be allowed back in some day. But holy shit we got some snowflakes here if they actually reported my posts.

Anyway, if you somehow see this OnionSnake, you could hang out in my toilet any time you want friend.

sad winnie the pooh GIF

T8SC

I've said this countless times, just get rid of the fucking politics board. It's primarily full of American shite that the rest of the world couldn't give fuck about and yet it causes constant problems for the forum as whole.

Want to discuss politics, go to a forum designed for politics & bitch there.

Biden, Trump ermagherd am cri.

Ionian

I've said this countless times, just get rid of the fucking politics board. It's primarily full of American shite that the rest of the world couldn't give fuck about and yet it causes constant problems for the forum as whole.

Want to discuss politics, go to a forum designed for politics & bitch there.

Biden, Trump ermagherd am cri.

In fairness, it's possible to just not look at politics on a vidya game forum. However people having mental breakdowns over it (politics) and having a fit is a case of no self-control.

As for your post;

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's the politics board. No conspiracies allowed which meant a lot of pro trump supporters who embraced the stolen election theories felt backstabbed by Evillore and either got themselves banned or requested account closure.

Tessaract was banned because he said he wanted to kill another poster which is hilariously over the top but also kind of out of order lol. maybe he can apologize and come back.

Top Bottom