• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old browser games you used to play when the internet was young

battlefield was pretty cool

especially those events when everyone started from scratch and people had to race to get the highest rank within the time limit

i-Jest

FreeArcade.com:

Battle Tank
Some shoot'em up game I can't remember.

YTV.com:

Just a couple games I can't remember the names of. Sitekick was fun stuff though.

JavaCoffeebreak:

Roller Boy
Roller Boy 2

CartoonNetwork.com:

Ed, Edd, and Eddy skateboarding game.
Powerpuff Girls fighting game.
A DragonBall Z fighting game from the sites earlier days.
Wacky racing was fun.

Those are the ones I remember playing the most. I can't even remember playing anything from Foxkids.com but I know I did.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon_Orbit

This was my shit. I got really good at it. I remember playing the card game with all the Justice League 10ATK cards, and the gold cards that would have special effects, like Duck Dodgers or MoJoJoJo. I also remember collecting stickers through trades, because I started late in the game and they could only be attained at certain earlier times as promos. My brother found out a way to dupe the trade system (after you accept the trade, you could use Tab on the keyboard to select a button that removed all the items you agreed to trade) which I used to take a huge risk and offer nearly all of my collection for someone's huge collection. It was risky because I had to accept the trade, then wait until he decided to accept and then remove everything at the last second. I actually succeeded. I was a ruthless child.

CTLance

Let's ignore the random BBS MUDs I stumbled upon and made an ass of myself in when I was younger. Jeebus, I was an idiot back then.

Roughly around the time of Planetarion I remember getting severely addicted to a likely inofficial Mechwarrior Browser game that had basically no graphics. I don't remember much, mostly that the main colour scheme was orange I think? Was amazing though. Wasted so many hours, and then it died. Never got out of beta, IIRC.

I do remember having some fun with Neopets as well, but that was the tail end of my obsession with "low fidelity" online games.

Frimaire

I remember in like the first grade our computer "classes" basically just consisted of them teaching us how to get to the ytv website and play browser games.
The two I remember playing are one where you control flying though the sewer collecting your larvae, and another where you're like a kid sneaking though a spooky house or something?
A quick google search has revealed that these were called "Super Sewer Scramble" and "Freaky Friday"

189.jpg

Anyone remember Xiao Xiao? OG stick figure animation and the game wasn't too bad either.

AdventureQuest was pretty huge for me.

Other then that, I could pass hours on site like miniclip, mofunzone and zebest3000.

I remember one fan megaman game that I played a lot.

I remember playing a Ben10 a lot on teletoon.

JBwB

As my first MMO I spend hundreds (maybe thousands?) of hours playing Runescape as a kid.

Adventure quest is another one. My account is still active after all this time haha.

jotun?

Archmage

an old 9-ball game where the hardest AI was some smug-as-shit pink fluffball that always came up with insane multi-bank shots

War Eagle

Gunbound
Yeti Sports
Slime Soccer
Line Rider
Snood

Finally around 2009 or 2010 there was this online multiplayer game I used to play where everyone is a mouse and you had to get cheese or something.i forget, but I remember loving it.

Edit: It was called Transformice

mhayes86

I spent a lot of time playing random games on Newgrounds back in the early 2000's. Prior to that, probably Elf Bowling.

The internet may not have been young at that point, but I sure was.
interactivebuddy.gif

I'd be hanged for crimes against humanity with what I did to this bugger.

Also, this mount-and-blade knockoff series called Feudalism
pNKU14L7COVLB.jpg

reKon

Banned
Snowcraft. I think it was some shockwave game

Played a shitload of cartoon network games.

This doesn't count as a browser game, but holy shit, I can't believe this thing is still running:

www.byond.com

This where I did some of my early childhood internet gaming. Those were the days...

There was a "The Pretender" game on NBC's website in the 90s...

You were trying to track down the protagonist from the show... IIRC, each week there was a new level that tied into the next episode...

RedFox85

I was a straight up crook in Habbo hotel, I wore a suit and my character was named Mr.Fox. I had a room with painted walls and wood floors (which you had to pay real money or something to achieve but I forget how I got it.) and would invite strangers to join me in co-ownership to make the best room we could. When they would put their stuff down however (furniture, posters whatever really) I would snatch it all up and ban them. I then took the items and traded them to other players for other items that I wanted. I was a real dirt bag and it's honestly the only time I've played a bad guy in a social internet game setting.. still feel kind of bad about it actually.

I remember one horror point-and-click adventure game I really enjoyed when I was a kid, but I could never track it down again. I'm sure if I ever did find it again I'd probably realize it was a complete shit, but I'd really love to track it down someday.

Top Bottom