• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old Games you still play?

So what older games do u still play.

I just finished playing through Thief2, great game, now I have to go out and buy Thief Gold. Strange order but hey.

Civilisation2, play this every other month, still one of my favourite games of all time and the first pc game i ever owned

Dyne

Pretty much my whole old catalog on SNES.. because it's never broken before and now I'm enjoying in full, beautiful S-Video.

Dyne said:
Pretty much my whole old catalog on SNES.. because it's never broken before and now I'm enjoying in full, beautiful S-Video.

Actually, after months of PES3 only I've managed to get my friends to like the snes (its interesting to see how much they fondly remember it whilst they wont touch a n64 or gamecube) anyway we've been playing a lot of bomberman3, smash tv, killer instinct, Street Fighter 2 Turbo

hobbitx

I play practically nothing but old games, right now I'm playing through Thief 2 and Alone in the dark. I play NES games all the time.

Fallout - One of my favorite games. It never gets old.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Playing it now on the Gamecube.

Those are the only two games I've been playing for awhile. :(

I've been watching a lot of Zelda being played, and have played a lot of Frog Bog and Pong.

Old multiplayer games are so much fun still.

Dave Long

Banned
X-Com X-Com and more X-Com
Ultima Underworld
Zork (the original text-adventure...was playing at lunch today)
DOOM and DOOM II
Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally Pinball table replicated for the PC...hot!)

I do a lot of retro gaming. A lot of it is on the PC but I buy Saturn/Playstation/SNES/Genesis and NES games all the time.

I wrote a piece on DOSBox recently so I've had a lot of old classics out. Crusader: No Remorse too...

Mario Party 1 (n64)
Poy Poy + Poitter's Point 2 (psx)
Point Blank (psx, though I play on the ps2 collection)
Tetris Attack / Panel de Pon (snes)
Dr Mario (nes/snes)
Pokemon Pinball (gbc)
Rakugakids (n64, played for a while last night at least)
Libble Rabble (arc/snes)

And I have around 10 classic arcade games that get a fair amount of play, also. I rocked the Dig Dug hard the other night. Joust too!

cvxfreak

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X
Super Mario Advance
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Silent Hill
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

At least those are all old to me...

kamikaze

not yet, but with a little luck i'll be playing ultimas 1-8 (assuming i can get them to work with xp, otherwise i'll have to scrounge for an older pc).

ourumov

The list is large:

Street Fighter Zero 2
Street Fighter Zero 3
Street Fighter III 2nd Impact
KOF 96
WE 2000 U23
Tekken 3
Powerstone 2

kamikaze said:
not yet, but with a little luck i'll be playing ultimas 1-8 (assuming i can get them to work with xp, otherwise i'll have to scrounge for an older pc).

Tell us how they are when you finish them all in 2007!

kamikaze

shouldn't be too hard to get through them...i've played 'em all before, albeit a long time ago. hopefully i haven't lost too many brain cells in the interim. :p

mahttew

Castlevania: SotN - I play through this about once a year or so. Easily in my top 5.
Metriod 3 - <3.
Secret of Mana - I start/restart playing this every few months but never get very far. I just don't have time/patience for RPGs anymore :(. Guess I'll give up.

Xenon

I Just started playing LoZ:Ocarina of Time for the first time last week. It has seemed to help cure my gaming A.d.d. I find myself wanting to finish the game instead of forcing myself like with splinter Cell:pT.

Funny thing is on Sunday my friend called me and said he would sell me his cube, 2 controllers, memory card and Zelda WW for 80 bucks. =) I picking it up next week. I just hope he doesn't change his mind. I made the mistake of mentioning that RE4 took game of the show at the E3

I wonder if there is a tutorial for getting through the Water Elemental world in Nethack - of the two times I've managed to steal the amulet and ascend that high, I always get there, sit in the bubble for 10k turns, and realize I'm completely hosed as far as finding the exit is concerned.

Doth Togo

Contra - NES
Golgo-13 - NES
Golgo-13 II: The Mafat Conspiracy - NES
Metal Gear - NES
Final Fantasy - NES
Gradius - NES
Sonic 1-3 - Genesis
Metal Gear Solid - PSX
Final Fantasy VII - PSX

SD-Ness

Super Mario World - SNES
Mega Man X - SNES
Goldeneye - N64
Super Mario 64 - N64
OoT - N64
MGS - PSX
Final Fantasy VII - PSX
StarCraft - PC
StarCraft: BW - PC
Counterstrike - PC
WarCraft II - PC
Black & White - PC

jiggle

finalf8.jpg

Tritroid

The games I constantly go back to when I'm bored of my next gen stuff:

NES:

Dragon Spirit (Namco needs to bring this one back)
8 Eyes
Zelda I & II
Adventure Island II
Marble Madness
Double Dragon II & III

SNES:

Super Metroid (Port this to GBA plz)
Zelda III (The original is far superior to the crap GBA port)
Starfox
Super Mario World 1 & 2
Super Double Dragon (Double Dragon IV)

N64

Zelda OoT & Zelda MM (Though I usually use either the Zelda bonus disc or the Zelda CE for OoT now.)
Banjo Kazooie 1 & 2
Super Mario 64
Starfox 64 (This cart is about ready to die since I play it so much.)

BojTrek

Banned
I still play Military Madess on Turbo Grafx 16 emulation... it keeps the weeks going here at work.

I still play Ms. Pac Man with the wife, we have weekend tournaments.

jarrod

Banned
TheAdamantShot said:
Don't you mean Tecnosoft? :)

What exactly did happend to them anyhow?
Either spelling is correct actually, I've seen them use both. And unfortunately they curled up and died in 1999 or 2000 iirc (while working on Thunderforce 6 for DC/Naomi). :(

Top Bottom