• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old reddit "Leak" ended up having alot of things correct

Dabaus

Banned
So this Reddit Leak looks to be, at least, 5 months old. Alot of the Dates in it are in fact wrong but a good chunk of the actual announcements have come to pass. The standout is the 6 month timed exclusive GTA 6 for ps5 but this isnt the first time weve seen that rumor and with sony opening the ps5 reveal with GTA 5, might be a foreshadowing of that? Monster Hunter Switch exclusive, sounds plausible. Im sure covid has delayed/ changed alot of reveals. In fact nothing in this leak is off the wall crazy if you think about it. What do YOU think?

"Random Bits of Info [they] heard:

Capcom:

One of the future DLC characters for Smash is a Capcom Rep but they are pulling a SE by sending out a ton of different names. I’ve heard Dante, Phoenix Wright and even Arthur

Capcom is working on more Megaman games. They included Megaman 12, X9, and a Legends 1 & 2 Remake Collection. X9 specifically is a Stadia timed exclusive for 1 year

Dino Crisis is getting a remake to try and test interest in the IP -

A new MH game is coming that is exclusive to Switch and will use some of the new features and ideas Monster Hunter World introduced

Marvel Vs Capcom 4 does exist but very little is know besides it’s definitely next gen.

Street Fighter 5 DLC is planning to wrap up in 2020 so they can start on SF6 for next gen systems

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is coming to Switch

Konami:

Rouge Corps did so bad that the DLC is possibly being cancelled and the Contra IP is being shelved indefinitely - Bloodstained is forbidden to be talked about in the offices - Mobile versions of there pachinko machines are coming - Bomberman Heros and 64 are getting a remake collection exclusive to Switch

Activision/Blizzard:

Mobile department at Blizzard is amping up production ten fold and expect a lot more Blizzard mobile games, including a Warcraft mobile game in the style of Pokémon Go, and an Overwatch mobile game is being fast tracked after the success of Call of Duty Mobile

Starcraft FPS is being considered for a revival as since Destiny is no longer being made with them, Activision needs a new sci-fi schlooter

New Crash game is being made, takes heavy inspiration from the classic games and the title is even being considered to be called Crash Bandicoot 4.

Black Ops 5 is full steam ahead

Pro Skater Remake of 1 and 2 is real, should be a 2021 launch

Skylanders is getting revived but the figures are not coming back, instead there being replaced with a gatcha system and it’s going to be free to start mobile title.

Ubisoft:

Mario + Rabbids 2 does exist and is progressing very well. It’ll release in 2020. It will also have Rayman as a major part of the game’s story in it.

BG&E2 is not progressing well at all. It looks rough and it barely runs at all. Only good things I can say is that the pre rendered cutscenes all look really good and that the story is planned out

The delays of R6Q, G&M, and WDL, are all to get them to be ported to next gen as to be cross gen titles

Next AC is viking themed and brings back the boat features from Black Flag

New 2D Rayman in the works, uses same artstyle and engine as Legends and Origins. Also a new 3D Rayman is being prototyped.

Rockstar:

- Bringing GTA 3, San Andres, Vice City, Red Dead Redemption 1, Bully, and GTA5 to Switch. GTA5 will be one of the first games to use the 64 GB cartridges.

Bully 2 is going to be announced some time in 2020. It’s set in a college town.

GTA6 is in production for next gen systems. It’s going to be set in the entire state of Florida, where you can travel through the entire state. Sony has in fact payed for timed exclusivity for 6 months after launch. They payed a hefty fee for it. This time it will also feature a women as one of the three main protagonists.

Xbox Game Studios/Microsoft:

New Fable game is the big announcement for E3 this year, it’s exclusive to the Series X, no Xbox One port

Halo Infinite will get its first gameplay trailer before E3

Hellblade 2 gets gameplay at E3

Cuphead DLC is Xbox timed exclusive for 3 months

Remake of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie coming to the Series X and Xbox One

Series X will be $499 and comes bundled with Halo Infinite, which launches the same day

Ton of games getting Series X enhancement updates which allow them to look even better and run faster. First one to get this update will be Gears 5

They’re going to be buying a Japanese studio but after that they’ve decided to take a break from buyouts to save money to invest more in development of games.

Push for more diversity of genre in their exclusives -

Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and Rare Replay all coming to Switch -

Game Pass will be combined with Project XCloud and create a streaming and downloading service called Game Pass X. You can stream and download to play any game in the library of Game Pass X, although downloading only works on consoles

-Windows 10 will work on Series X, but only to browse the web

Region locking is gone on Series X, and the Series X is backwards compatible with every Xbox disc ever

Sony:

Spider-Man 2 is a PS5 exclusive and will be announced at E3 2019

Speaking of which Sony has decided to return to E3 but no press conference, just a State of Play and a booth on the showfloor

PS5 is $499, no region locking, and is backwards compatible with every PlayStation disc ever

PSVR will work with the system but not much is planned for it in terms of new games besides a sequel to Astro Bot

Last of Us 2 will get an upgraded port for PS5 on launch

-Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is a launch title for PS5

Nintendo:

No information on Smash besides the Capcom DLC and that I only know because of a Capcom source. Smash leaks seem to have dried up.

Animal Crossing Switch Lite variant is coming

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes are next year’s Pokémon games and will have the ability to transfer every Pokémon to that game after the backlash of SwSh, which while it didn’t effect sales, was considered a PR blunder internally

Tomodachi Life sequel is coming

Was some rumors that they were interested in buying out Level 5 but nothing concrete

Bethesda:

Fallout 4 port for Switch, uses 64 GB cartridge

Fallout 76 is still being worked on and the plan is to try and make a come back somehow

Starfield is planned to get a full reveal at E3, and is set to launch in 2022

Fallout 5 has started early planning and prototyping. Don’t expect it for at least 3 years

New Vegas will be getting an HD remaster on all platforms, including switch, as a sort of apology to Fallout fans after the 76 disaster. It’ll include all the DLC.

Eternal was delayed mainly to fix the multiplayer which has been very buggy and laggy. They do not want a repeat of the 76 launch and are making sure the online features and multiplayer works as best it can. The Switch port is planned for the Fall.

SEGA:

Sonic Adventure Remake is coming

Mania 2 is a 2020 title, and is pretty much almost done

Team Sonic Racing major DLC update with new characters and tracks, including an appearance from AiAi from Super Monkey Ball

Dreamcast SEGA Ages titles finally happening -

Super Monkey Ball 1,2, and 3 are getting HD remakes, and will be released on Switch first as a timed exclusive in 2021

Chao Garden Mobile is like the chao garden from SA2 but with a more mobile friendly design and a gatcha system for variant chaos

Google/Stadia:

3D Platformer staring the Dinosaur from the offline dinosaur game

Lots of studios pulling out and ending stadia support and Google is fighting hard to get some to stay

The only reason X9 is stadia timed exclusive is because Google payed big time for it

Google doesn’t seem to be ending support of the project for at least 2 years but after that the future of stadia is uncertain

They have noted the ads are cringe inducing and are bad, and plan to try a new strategy for them

New color scheme for the controller is coming: Silver and Gold

Netherrealm:

-Injustice 3 is going to be the first next gen title from them

MK11 Port to PS5 and Series X

Marvel Vs DC is being floated around with Marvel but it likely won’t happen

Future MK11 DLC includes Goro, Doomslayer, and Ed Boon himself as a free joke character

Edit: Updated format because of complaints. To emphasis: I just got this from a pastebin leak, format and all. There is a lot that is questionable but I shared it here because it was an interesting read."

Last edited:

Alx

A new 2D Rayman isn't exactly a bold prediction, but it would be great news nevertheless. Loved all those games.
It doesn't seem the "BC working with all discs ever" is happening, be it on Xbox or Playstation.
What's the point of having "Windows 10 running on console but only to browse the web" when consoles have a web browser already ?

nowhat

Holy shit please let this be true.
Agreed. Hear me Todd Howard - no I won't be buying Skyrim next gen as well (especially since you never fix some of the bugs in the original game, just tweak some graphics options).

But New Vegas, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

mcjmetroid

Game Pass will be combined with Project XCloud and create a streaming and downloading service called Game Pass X. You can stream and download to play any game in the library of Game Pass X, although downloading only works on consoles
Damnit and there goes my dream of downloading Forza Horizon 4 to play on my Samsung A40

Hero_Select

I don't know how much credibility it has but theres a lot of exciting things on that that -seem- like they could be true.. but fuck me silly if X9 is a Stadia timed exclusive.. I've wanted another X game for so long only for it to be dropped on a silly service like Stadia...

ShadowLag

Future MK11 DLC includes Goro, Doomslayer, and Ed Boon himself as a free joke character

giphy.gif

D3-6t_aWAAAgp0_.jpg

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
I think GTA 6 being a timed exclusive will upset most of the gaming industry, even most Sony fans will call the move BS. I'm sure there are plenty that will enjoy the game not being available to other players (why?) But the majority of gamers would not support that move.

Stuff I hope'll be true:

• Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is coming to Switch
• Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and Rare Replay all coming to Switch
• Sonic Adventure Remake is coming
• Sonic Mania 2 is a 2020 title, and is pretty much almost done
• Dreamcast SEGA Ages titles finally happening
• New 2D Rayman in the works, uses same artstyle and engine as Legends and Origins.
• Bomberman Heros and 64 are getting a remake collection exclusive to Switch
• GTA 3, San Andres, Vice City, Red Dead Redemption 1, Bully, and GTA5 on Switch.
• New Vegas will be getting an HD remaster on all platforms, including switch

Hostile_18

Banned
So fake. Ed Boon a Mortal Kombat character? 😂

Ps5 backwards compatible with every Sony disc but launching with a disc less drive Sku?

I think GTA 6 being a timed exclusive will upset most of the gaming industry, even most Sony fans will call the move BS. I'm sure there are plenty that will enjoy the game not being available to other players (why?) But the majority of gamers would not support that move.
I highly doubt that. The only ones who really complain are the Karens of the industry, you average consumer or old school enthusiest couldnt care less.

You'd think Sony would be pushing that to fight back against MS's BC.
I wish that were true, would give value to the older discs, I would defintly try to hunt down copies of Colony Wars and other disc games I had fond memories off but cant play legitmely nowadays on modern consoles :(

ManaByte

I wish that were true, would give value to the older discs, I would defintly try to hunt down copies of Colony Wars and other disc games I had fond memories off but cant play legitmely nowadays on modern consoles :(

I still own all my PSX games. But I'm not expecting the PS5 to read them since the PS4 couldn't even read CDs.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This sounds like made up bullshit to boost your own ego. Also,
-PS5 is backwards compatible with every Playstation disc
-HZD 2 at launch
This shit belongs in the Next Gen Speculation thread.

Last edited:
Agreed. Hear me Todd Howard - no I won't be buying Skyrim next gen as well (especially since you never fix some of the bugs in the original game, just tweak some graphics options).

But New Vegas, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Do console mods get rid of any bugs?

nowhat

Do console mods get rid of any bugs?
I can only speak for PS4 (One apparently has better support, albeit not as complete as a PC obviously) - the mods that are allowed on PS4 are only of the scripting kind. So that means, no new assets, and by extension I'm assuming no bugfixes either. I know there's an "official" (like, not by Bethesda, but something pretty much everyone installs) PC patch for Skyrim that fixes most of the issues, but no such luck on PS4. Which sucks for sure, but at the same time, I understand why Sony is wary of giving user-created content too much of a leeway on their console (to prevent possible loopholes for piracy - yeah, it's "anti-consumer", but what can I say, they're a corporation).

Top Bottom