• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old reddit "Leak" ended up having alot of things correct

If that GTA6 rumour is even remotely true i will be majorly pissed at Sony and Rockstar. It would be a massive get for the PS5 but honestly, it seems like such a scumbag move to moneyhat such a big 3rd party title for one platform. If anyone had told me pre-2013 that Playstation of the future would resemble Xbox of old then i'd have laughed, but looking at how they did the exact same as Xbox with the CoD DLC exclusivity, i wouldn't even be shocked.

I can only speak for PS4 (One apparently has better support, albeit not as complete as a PC obviously) - the mods that are allowed on PS4 are only of the scripting kind. So that means, no new assets, and by extension I'm assuming no bugfixes either. I know there's an "official" (like, not by Bethesda, but something pretty much everyone installs) PC patch for Skyrim that fixes most of the issues, but no such luck on PS4. Which sucks for sure, but at the same time, I understand why Sony is wary of giving user-created content too much of a leeway on their console (to prevent possible loopholes for piracy - yeah, it's "anti-consumer", but what can I say, they're a corporation).
The first thing I know (that PS4 is limited) so I bought it on X1, I'll have to keep looking or just keep playing on PC. Still, I appreciate the information.

Sounds to me like he threw so much crap at the wall some of it was bound to stick, but there is a lot of that that ended ip bang on or near enough right.

Full BC for PS5 is likely to be the only way I'd buy one at launch, but I particularly doubt that one if nothing else. There's no great incentive for sony to do it, and they'd need to have a disc drive that could read CD's, which is extra expenditure for a feature barely anyone cares about.

Dolomite

GTA 6 as a timed exclusives...I'm doubtful. Plausible but expensive.

Halo on switch is where credibility was lost

GTA 6 as a timed exclusives...I'm doubtful. Plausible but expensive.

Halo on switch is where credibility was lost
It makes sense if the Halo Infinite is a GaaS (ala Destiny 2) that Microsoft would release Halo on other consoles. Gotta build up hype and interest for those who would have otherwise not bought it.

Dolomite

It makes sense if the Halo Infinite is a GaaS (ala Destiny 2) that Microsoft would release Halo on other consoles. Gotta build up hype and interest for those who would have otherwise not bought it.
Id be inclined to agree 100% if MS and Halo weren't already so heavily invested in the PC. It seems that PC and mobile via Xcloud is their attempt at grabbing a larger audience

Interesting.

I think ive been the only person thats been pushing for Sony to buy Level 5. I feel like they would be able to make a true next gen Pokemon game competitor.

For some reason people are pulling bluepoint and Housemarque. Which makes zero sense.

PS5 compatible with every Playstation disc ever
sisi1.gif
Yep. I had a good old laugh at that one. Damn near spilled my cup of coffee.

And who would know the price of both next gen consoles almost a full year out from launch besides the handful of executives at both Sony and MS?

Who the fuck believes this shit LOL ?

Last edited:
The Sony stuff is wayyyy off,I mean ps5 plays ALL PlayStation disc ever? Horizon 2 launch? Spiderman morales PS5 only? Etc. I would not check the rest given how off it is in that section.

Top Bottom