• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG! ...why are Mass Effect non-mutant women impossible to make?

Raist

Banned
nubbe said:
My Shepard looks like a true emo

2cz35om.jpg

adelante

Why does every female Shepard I see has that MichelleForbes-type of lips/jawline

Speaking of which, has anyone tried recreating her? Or wait, you can't have long hair can you?

Battlestar-Michelle-Forbes1.jpg

Samara

Alucrid said:
That's really good, you don't have the sliders still, do you? I need to get one more round of ME in before 2 comes out.

For you, lovecabbage

Keep in mind it's not the "exact" same thing ( I just and I mean just did it after 2 years) So...but it's like really close.
Edit: start with the default female (he red headed one) and add cheek width the same as cheeck gaunt please

the end result

Alucrid

Banned
nubbe said:
My Shepard looks like a true marine

http://i26.tinypic.com/2cz35om.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL. For some reason it reminded me of Benimaru from KoF.

[QUOTE=sweetwasabi]For you, lovecabbage

Keep in mind it's not the "exact" same thing ( I just and I mean just did it after 2 years) So...but it's like really close.
Edit: start with the default female (he red headed one) and add cheek width the same as cheeck gaunt please

[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch! I can now stop staring at the Afrika theme on my PS3 and play ME. :lol

[QUOTE=adelante]Why does every female Shepard I see has that MichelleForbes-type of lips/jawline

Speaking of which, has anyone tried recreating her? Or wait, you can't have long hair can you?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, longest hair is about neck length. That's another thing they need for both sexes, more hair styles. For the male you can have short, shorter, or shortest. At least in KotoR you could get a nice mullet flowing.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
_dementia said:
But ME doesn't allow the user create waif-like lolis.

My Paragon Shepard looks like me. Except with muscles.

waif?

and yea my jbones is basically me, had i gone through interspace military training

Samara

Alucrid said:
LOL. For some reason it reminded me of Benimaru from KoF.

Thanks a bunch! I can now stop staring at the Afrika theme on my PS3 and play ME. :lol

Yeah, longest hair is about neck length. That's another thing they need for both sexes, more hair styles. For the male you can have short, shorter, or shortest. At least in KotoR you could get a nice mullet flowing.

it was weird that I couldn't even have the Ashley hairstyle: which was nice. But the rest:

They all look horrible!

and how can I put that said theme on my PS3?

ianp622

Davidion said:
I want to see these mutants that people come up with. I have a custom male Shepard, an Asian one, no less, that looks pretty good. Hell, I think his face fits the VO better than the original Shepard.

Can't imagine everyone having such a hard time coming up with a normal looking person.

Yeah, my male Shepard not only looked better than the default, but also fit the voice actor perfectly, as if the voice was made for the face. I don't know what problem these people have that say male Shepards are impossible to make look good.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
My Shepard is a kick ass black lady. She is awesome.

I started one with a renegade and tried to model her off of janeway on voyager. Turned out pretty good. No photos, sorry.

squinters

astigmatic
Thanks nubbe, now I'm gonna sleep with the lights on.

In addition, this thread also reminded me I have a taped episode of X-Files that I have to watch.

Zanmato

Banned
I've not played the game but I'd think my problem would be different. Can't you give the guys like really nasty scars but the but the women can only get small little cute one?

PBalfredo

I think it's firmly established that hot female Shepards are possible in Mass Effect. The real question is if it's possible to make non-mutant women on Bethesda games? I submit that it is not.

SlickVic

I don't suppose there's any config files I can go through in ME PC to tweak my Shepherd? I really liked my female character in the 360 version but for my PC playthrough, I realized halfway through the main story that her cheek bones look a bit too big in certain angles. Planning on getting ME2 on PC but really not that eager to play through a 3rd time just to get a better looking Shepherd.

I'm also guessing at the start of ME2 you won't be able to edit your characters looks after you import your save? Otherwise I'd just use that.

mikanko

I spent far less time making a good looking female Sheppard than I did traversing through barren landscape aboard the M35 Mako.

Female Shepard:
MassEffect2009-09-0201-38-43-69UKN.png

It kind of looks as though I gave her the buzz cut, but she actually has her hair in a bun. You can kind of see it.

My male Shepard is just the default model. Best looking one, IMO.

Top Bottom