• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Chinese online retailer has 16k~ Xbox One's Pre ordered 16 days ahead of launch.

$h@d0w

Sunning is one of the top 3 electronics retailers, I would say if they only had 16k preorders for the whole of China this is terrible news.

Futaba

That seems wildly disproportionate, i'd like to see the actual proof of this rather than links to buy the console.

Miles X

That seems wildly disproportionate, i'd like to see the actual proof of this rather than links to buy the console.

The pre ordered figures are right their in the links ...

The opening could well be double that of the Japanese, why would anyone expect 100k+

I think that's a decent start. Not like there has been a huge ad campaign over there, this is something that will need to start small and be fostered. Very interesting market over there.

Miles X

China has the biggest population in the world?

And Indin is huge as well? That's a weak point. This is a country not traditionally into video game consoles, it isn't going to sell huge amounts simply because there are so many people there.

I think analysts and Microsoft will consider this a success if they sell through their initial 100k shipment fast.

If China moves over 50k for launch, I think that's an okay figure.

India and China are not huge console markets despite their population, they're not miracle markets.

Noobcraft

Considering the higher price of the Xbox one there versus elsewhere, and the fact that its a completely new product line over there, this does seem pretty impressive to me. Maybe we'll get some compelling Chinese games out of this.

Sunning is one of the top 3 electronics retailers, I would say if they only had 16k preorders for the whole of China this is terrible news.

Seems like one of the smaller sites actually

spending-grows-to-74-billion-in-Q1-2014-chart-2.jpg

http://www.techinasia.com/china-ecommerce-spending-hits-74-billion-dollars-q1-2014/

SenkiDala

Considering the higher price of the Xbox one there versus elsewhere, and the fact that its a completely new product line over there, this does seem pretty impressive to me. Maybe we'll get some compelling Chinese games out of this.

Impressive? China is 3 times USA in term of population, 16000k it's like Target in the WHOLE USA sold 5400 XO day one, does it seem high?

robo

why does everyone think its the whole of china that the consoles are launching in??

since it was announced that only the Shanghai free trade zone has been opened up IIRC not the whole country?

Futaba

Call me a pessimist, but 20 minutes later the numbers for both pages are the same.
So that leaves two possible scenarios.
1) number isn't updated live, but manually and is correct
2) number isn't updated live, but manually and is wrong on purpose to spur buyers

Why couldn't this be the beginning of CRPG or something like that?

CRPG exist.

With the exception of one franchise, the rest are terrible, buggy games with very basic and archaic turn-based combat system.

Also a dying breed with devs chasing after the lucrative MMO market in China.

blakep267

They initially expected 100k for launch. They've said that months ago. Going by that chart, this is a smaller retailer. They could hit the target

So what kind of games could we expect if China became the dominating market for gamers? RPG's? (Please)

Blatant Chinese pandering which will have some famous Chinese talents in certain scenes that will make no sense in the context of the game but fuck it because money.

Tenki

Both Xbox One and PS4 numbers in China are gonna be laughable. Dunno why people were so excited about launching there and so sure they will sell tons.

Sounds good to me. China will be a slow burn for microsoft (and Sony for that matter) 16k for one bog online retailer is great.

And you people comparing population size to orders. You are morons. Straight up.

MaulerX

I read somewhere around here that the Chinese government had to approve a set amount of XB1's to be sold there. Given these circumstances I'd say this is pretty "ok" news. 16k for one retailer not including the eventual walkins means that they might possibly sell out of their initial shipment.

Spookie

I'll be interested to see how many of those they move due to china being a huge F2P market with many people using Internet cafés to game.

Top Bottom