• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Workin on it. We know a bunch of fans want a big version of this. ;D

YES! Thanks, OneLetter! Most appreciated.

Lol, Undertow is second to nothing. You'll see. You have to remember how vertical Columbia is. Undertow allows you to push AIs over the sides of airships, the city itself, off of skylines. And when upgraded, its grab function lets you lasso multiple AIs at once and pull them where you want (e.g. into a trap you've set, in front of a Tear you intend to have Liz open, in front of a ledge where you can then use the Push function). Also great when youre facing a long range foe and running with a short range loadout.

Awesome! An evolution from the original Bioshock formula. I hope that guns and Vigors are more balanced to BS1's guns and Plasmids. You really could play the first game using only the one-two punch.

Lol, Undertow is second to nothing. You'll see. You have to remember how vertical Columbia is. Undertow allows you to push AIs over the sides of airships, the city itself, off of skylines. And when upgraded, its grab function lets you lasso multiple AIs at once and pull them where you want (e.g. into a trap you've set, in front of a Tear you intend to have Liz open, in front of a ledge where you can then use the Push function). Also great when youre facing a long range foe and running with a short range loadout.

Ok, now that's what I want to hear :) Sounds like a fantastic utility power. Thank you for putting it into perspective.

Is there any chance you can clarify on the weapon slave/return to sender as well?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New Gametrailers series called "Trailer Academy" explains why the X06 trailer of Bioshock so amazing is.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/pjrz6l/trailer-academy-bioshock--x06-trailer

YES! Thanks, OneLetter! Most appreciated.

Awesome! An evolution from the original Bioshock formula. I hope that guns and Vigors are more balanced to BS1's guns and Plasmids. You really could play the first game using only the one-two punch.

Not sure if you still want it but here you go :)

1920x1080

FartOfWar

Banned
Ok, now that's what I want to hear :) Sounds like a fantastic utility power.

Is there any chance you can clarify on the weapon slave/return to sender as well?

Return to sender absorbs incoming fire, allows you to redirect it (great for enemies with high rates of fire). Weapon slave animates weapons that dead foes drop, so that they float up and start firing on their own.

Andrew.

Banned
Return to sender absorbs incoming fire, allows you to redirect it (great for enemies with high rates of fire). Weapon slave animates weapons that dead foes drop, so that they float up and start firing on their own.

Nice! A defensive Vigor. Similar to the turrets or bots you can hack in the previous entries. Unless of course, the weapons are able to fire at you as well.

Yep, just the confusion was mostly based on the vigor wheel only having 8 places, and with that bringing the total to 9 (from what we know so far). Right now I'm going to assume that you can have 8 vigors on you at a time (2 in the quick slots), but you can switch them out if other vigors.

I'm hoping weapon slave can be upgraded to rip weapons from live enemies like in the first footage of the game. A lot has changed from back then, but a man can dream.

hhmmm, that's weird. It took the meter to stretch by 3% from yesterday to this morning and now that tier 3 is unlocked we're already at 6%.

Something seems fishy.....

CrazyDude

hhmmm, that's weird. It took the meter to stretch by 3% from yesterday to this morning and now that tier 3 is unlocked we're already at 6%.

Prepurchase might not matter. It probably auto and is there to get people motivated prepurchase the game. Not sure if it's a bad thing or not since you still get stuff.

Ah, it's cos weapon slave isn't a Vigor, it's a gear item.

I think I just heard angel's singing lol

Yeah, for some reason the sources that have reported on weapon slave listed it as a vigor. I'm not sure whether they were looking at the bar fight demo where Booker rips a shotgun from the bartender and blasts him with it, or they misprinted it.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Deadbeat

Banned

Preorders tend to ramp up near a release on steam from past games.

If the game is getting lower and lower on the steam sales list but the % is increasing faster then you can be skeptical.

Druz

Its getting closer to release and the game is near the top of the top sellers list again. People could have also been waiting to buy until their TF2 items were assured. Appearance of these items in TF2 could have also boosted sales. Not fishy.

Neiteio

2K, if you can hear me, please release a free benchmark download so I can determine whether I should go with PC or PS3. I have an nVidia GeForce GTX 560M(2GB) with 8GB RAM and 64-bit Windows 7. Not sure if the card is up to snuff, though -- it's above "Minimum" but below "Recommended" on Can You Run It.

Stark

Banned
2K, if you can hear me, please release a free benchmark download so I can determine whether I should go with PC or PS3. I have an nVidia GeForce GTX 560M(2GB) with 8GB RAM and 64-bit Windows 7. Not sure if the card is up to snuff, though -- it's above "Minimum" but below "Recommended" on Can You Run It.

I second this.

Sn4ke_911

mp_rp_7.gif

dat feeling.

Sorry Neiteio.

That's odd -- I have a similar rig(GTX 560/8GB Ram/64-bit Windows 7), and I'm past recommended

jeE6eZ93ZndPw.PNG

What's your CPU looking like?

Neiteio

mp_rp_7.gif

dat feeling.

Sorry Neiteio.
It's weird, because I get the full green bar for everything else -- Crysis, etc, you name it. The only other game where it comes up short is Alan Wake, a game which ran fine, actually. In that case, it was the CPU that was below Recommended. In this case, it's my video card.

That's odd -- I have a similar rig(GTX 560/8GB Ram/64-bit Windows 7), and I'm past recommended

jeE6eZ93ZndPw.PNG

What's your CPU looking like?
CPU is fine. It's my video card that is below recommended, about a quarter of the bar above Minimum. Maybe it's the fact I use GTX560M (note the "M")?

Amir0x

Banned
it's a good feel, Andrew. I went half of this gen without a gaming level PC and built myself one with help from neoGAF, and I haven't looked back. Once you build one, you start to get comfortable buying parts and gradually upgrading a PC to stay up-to-date, and that is far more convenient and cheap over the long haul

Neiteio

M for Minimum
I think it stands for "mobile," being a gaming laptop, lol. It's the Asus Republic of Gamers laptop. Like I said, gets full green bars on everything else -- Crysis, Saints Row 3, Batman: Arkham City, etc. This is the first time I've seen the video card fall below "Recommended."

Andrew.

Banned
Out of curiousity, do you guys have any idea what would it cost to have one that could run and display something like Infinite in near flawlessness?

I actually just upgraded last year. It's nice running so many console games at much higher framerates and resolutions, and usually for cheaper prices!

I think about how good Bioshock Infinite is gonna look on Very High/Ultra compared to Medium/consoles, and I know I made the right choice with this investment

Neiteio

I actually just upgraded last year. It's nice running so many console games at much higher framerates and resolutions, and usually for cheaper prices!
GTA IV on my PC was the real eye-opening experience. Infinite draw distance, pixel-perfect clarity, over twice the FPS.

Andrew.

Banned
I hope you PC'ers will be taking plenty of screenshots.

Speaking of which, where the hell is Dennis? I figured he'd be all over how this game looks.

DukeBobby

Out of curiousity, do you guys have any idea what would it cost to have one that could run and display something like Infinite in near flawlessness?

In total, I'd say my PC cost me about £650 (nearly half of that was spent on a new GPU, which I bought recently). I have a shit CPU though, so I'm planning on upgrading before Infinite releases.

PC components are quite expensive here in the UK, so you could probably get a top of the line PC for cheaper in the US.

I don't think Infinite should require an expensive PC, though.

Derrick01

Banned
Im really gonna have to start putting together a gaming PC soon...

I havent been a PC gamer since the 90s =/

May as well wait another year or two for the hardware to fly ahead of the next consoles so you don't have to upgrade for the next 4-5 years unless you need to be at the highest of high ends every year.

Probably wouldn't take much to get this game running on all high settings at 1080p (no dx11 stuff probably). Hell I expect to be able to do it with my meager 470 and 3ghz quad core. This is a Unreal engine game right? Those always run really easy and smooth on PC.

Hindle

Banned
This is the one game that I would gladly take a next gen port of. I just think the current gen versions are going to disappoint.

Edit. I mean the ports will disappoint, not the game.

Sn4ke_911

First Sighting on the 60 Second Tv Spot!

Ok, so just now I was watching a movie on Fear Net on Demand, and I wasn't expecting this at all, but all of a sudden the tv spot of Bioshock Infinite starts playing, and right away I noticed something different about it, and then as it went on I realized it was the 60 second version! And it was!

And I just gotta say, it is so much better, and much more awesome, and the flow is much better compared to the cut up 30 second version.

Man, I really hope it shows up online soon. C'mon Irrational!

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?217226-First-Sighting-on-the-60-Second-Tv-Spot!

Andrew.

Banned
Which begs the question if Bioshock will exist next-gen, or will they move onto something completely different.

System Shock 3 next gen.

They will troll us hard with it with Liz opening a tear that shows a brief glimpse of it at some random moment during the game.

That would be really fucked up, but really really cool.

Sn4ke_911

System Shock 3 next gen.

They will troll us hard with it with Liz opening a tear that shows a brief glimpse of it at some random moment during the game.

Oh my god.

Stark

Banned
System Shock 3 next gen.

In-game megaton if it happens.

Have they released their benchmark tool yet? If they have, could anybody please pot a link.

Andrew, get some balls and put together a nice rig to play this game man.

Derrick01

Banned
System Shock 3 next gen.

Bioshock 1 was bad enough. Let System Shock rest in peace.

Andrew.

Banned
Have they released their benchmark tool yet? If they have, could anybody please pot a link.

Andrew, get some balls and put together a nice rig to play this game man.

Looks like I better start saving, although Derrick had a point in saying to wait a bit for the technology to get ahead of the next consoles.

System Shock 3 next gen.

Do Irrational, or 2K for that matter, own the rights to System Shock anymore?

I remember hearing a while ago that EA owned the rights, and then some other smaller firm came along and bought them so that SS2 could be re-released on GOG?

Top Bottom