• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of my cats eyeballs literally exploded out of his head :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilmer_

Just had to rush our precious Pita to the vet. He's had glaucoma in the eye for a while now and we've been putting cream in it to alleviate any cloudiness/pressure. He was sitting on the porch like he normally does, then out of nowhere we hear loud crying and he's sitting there with blood all over and his eye hanging out :(

He's in emergency surgery right now to remove the eye, I really hope he pulls through... That was the most horrific thing I've ever seen, I am still shaking. Poor thing... Sitting here waiting for the vet to call back sucks!!

Red UFO

vilmer_ said:
Just had to rush our precious Pita to the vet. He's had glaucoma in the eye for a while now and we've been putting cream in it to alleviate any cloudiness/pressure. He was sitting on the porch like he normally does, then out of nowhere we hear loud crying and he's sitting there with blood all over and his eye hanging out :(

He's in emergency surgery right now to remove the eye, I really hope he pulls through... That was the most horrific thing I've ever seen, I am still shaking. Poor thing... Sitting here waiting for the vet to call back sucks!!

Oh my god! I hope everything turns out okay! :(

The Lamp

That's gross and terrifying.

Did the eye just pop out or did it literally explode?
TrollMedicine tells me that you could just pop the eye back in with some surgical know-how. :p

Falcs

Banned
Damn!! I feel so sorry for your poor cat! :(

Edit: I'm glad you didn't come in here and go "Gaf, my cat's eye exploded. What do?" Hope all goes well with the surgery.

KingK

Oh my god, that sounds fucking horrible. Fuck man, I hope your cat's alright. Really sorry. I'd be traumatized.

Hopefully he pulls through and you can buy him a badass eyepatch afterwards.

vilmer_

I had no idea it could ever happen. It was surreal. There wasn't much left in terms of an actual eye, just a blob/mass and lots of blood and fluid. I tried googling to see if this is common in terms of glaucoma symptoms, but couldn't really find anything. The eye was actually looking better lately too, not much cloudiness :(

numble

Random place to ask, but how professional are vet offices/hospitals? They always look very questionable from the outside to me.

KingK said:
Oh my god, that sounds fucking horrible. Fuck man, I hope your cat's alright. Really sorry. I'd be traumatized.

Yes.

KingK

vilmer_ said:
I had no idea it could ever happen. It was surreal. There wasn't much left in terms of an actual eye, just a blob/mass and lots of blood and fluid. I tried googling to see if this is common in terms of glaucoma symptoms, but couldn't really find anything. The eye was actually looking better lately too, not much cloudiness :(

Damn :(

I wonder if there was anything that "triggered" it or if it was just random?

edit: You also might want to re-name him Naked Snake afterwards.

vilmer_

KingK said:

I was thinking that as well lol. I'm still shaking from it all, he's in the middle of surgery right now waiting for a call back after it's done.

Wow, hope your cat pulls through. I actually adopted a Cat from a shelter who had an eye shot out by some asshole with a BB gun. He gets around just fine, sometimes a little iffy when jumping though, probably his sense of depth. Hopefully your cat can move around just as well afterwards.

vilmer_ said:
I was thinking that as well lol. I'm still shaking from it all, he's in the middle of surgery right now waiting for a call back after it's done.

Perhaps you will have the Solid Snake of cats in the end.

vilmer_

KingK said:
Damn :(

I wonder if there was anything that "triggered" it or if it was just random?

edit: You also might want to re-name him Naked Snake afterwards.

I was wondering that as well, there is a big pool of blood/fluid on the ledge where he usually sits and bathes. There are bushes and a tree close by maybe he nicked it and that triggered it?

DoomGyver

CDzRH.png

That's so bizarre. I feel you though. I took my cat to the vet a few days ago and suddenly he stopped breathing and had to be put on oxygen. An hour later he was dead. Apparently he had a bad heart that nobody knew about :/

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
oh shit. i cant even imagine have horrific that must have looked.

I hope Pita pulls through all right.

KingK

vilmer_ said:
I was wondering that as well, there is a big pool of blood/fluid on the ledge where he usually sits and bathes. There are bushes and a tree close by maybe he nicked it and that triggered it?

Hmm...I guess it's possible.

It must really suck waiting for news from the vets. I'd be so anxious.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'll add one more to all the "Holy shit!" responses.

Holy shit!

Whatever happens to your cat, I hope he doesn't suffer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I thought the actual eye exploded. Not popped out. Which made the whole thing hilarious to me due to the mental image of an eye exploding.

That still sucks though. Hopefully your cat will pull through. :(

Of course, you'll be able to call your cat "Big Cat." While he/she wears eye patches. :D?

goober

vilmer_ said:
Still waiting for a call back. Anxiously... Pacing... ugh.
I feel for you dude. Hoping for the best!

Do you by any chance have any pics of your cat you'd like to share?

vilmer_

goober said:
I feel for you dude. Hoping for the best!

Do you by any chance have any pics of your cat you'd like to share?

Here's a crappy phone pic, just reformatted and have yet to restore all of the regular pics. He's on the right, and you can see the issue with his left eye.

2j2jiqd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom