• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the Highest rated Games of this generation by critics and fans needs more Love!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Hades is a masterpiece of this rouge genre. 8 different weapons gives this game 8 dramatically different ways to play. Great upgrade system and tons of little extras to keep things interesting. Great mythology, great gameplay, the game just does everything smoothly.

Hades is averaging over a 9 with users and critics alike on metacritic

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/hades

wipeout364

Hades is a masterpiece of this rouge genre.
I’ve never played a game in the rouge genre, does most of the art have a reddish tinge? Or is the game mostly about this character?

latest

Merkades

I agree with Yoboman. I still haven't finished Transistor and only played that because it was free. Bastion, Pyre, and Hades are just not interesting to me. Good for those of you who like them, but they are a pass to me (for now, I won't count anyone out, even Rockstar and Bethesda).

Fbh

I might be wrong but I always get the feeling that the whole early access thing soft of kills the hype for games like this.

It was an early access epic games store exclusive for like a year and then also came to steam early access like 8 months ago.

By the time it's actually out it already feels like old news and I wouldn't be surprised if some people are like "I already held off for almost 2 years, might as well wait for a sale at this point".

Anyway, Rogue likes are generally not my thing but I've enjoyed all their previous games. If they end up eventually releasing it on GOG, as they have done with all their previous games, I'm picking it up for sure.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
The game released 33 days ago, is currently featured on Steam, appeared in its Top Selling list for several days, and currently has an 'Overwhelmingly Positive' status with 42,502 reviews, making it one of the best selling, reviewed, and overall received games in recent years. In what way does this game need more love? Not even linking a release trailer in the OP?

Perhaps make a thread recommending hidden gaming gems that have gone under the radar for far too long, such as little known games 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim', 'The Witcher 3', 'Minecraft', and 'Among Us'?

Hades.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2.

shadow of the colossus .

Dragon dogma.

Remothered

13 sentinels

And more...

But what we can do... If '' gamers'' only play garbage games like Fortnite. Amoung us, phasmophobia... Etc.
Oh give me a break. Don't pretend to have refined taste and then make a list like that. Everyone and their mom has played Shadow of the Colossus. Dragon's dogma is old as fuck. Hades is extremely popular already, not some hidden gem. Nobody cared about your three niche weeb games, boo hoo. Remothered is making the rounds but it's a one and done game like everything else on your list.

And that's the problem with your logic. You listed a bunch of one and done single player games as some measure of quality against multiplayer games that have much more replayability. Get some fucking friends and stop shitting on fun games you sad sack.

The fact that Phasmophobia (made by one guy) and Among Us (made by like two guys) are doing as well as they are is something to be celebrated. They break the fucking back of behemoths like Anthem, Avengers etc. They show us that you don't have to be some fucking triple A bullshit game with a "deep" story to be successful. Suck it boy.

TexMex

Supergiant games just dont click with me

I'm pretty burnt out by the rogue like genre and have never loved a game from Super Giant. Sorry Greg K, I'll always love you.

Agree with both of these. But Hades is fucking awesome. I immediately fell in love and have spent an absurd amount of time on it. Then I bought it a second time on Switch so I could play it in bed.

This game is the real deal.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Hades.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2.

shadow of the colossus .

Dragon dogma.

Remothered

13 sentinels

And more...

But what we can do... If '' gamers'' only play garbage games like Fortnite. Amoung us, phasmophobia... Etc.

"Gamers" play whatever they want to. Games are entertainment. Also, for an elitist criticising others your list had some dubious entries.

Hades is a good game. It's got a 98% rating on Steam. It's also not the best game this year. Settle down.

Clarissa

Banned
I'm telling my friends to get 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim but they all want to play it on Switch and refuse to buy it on the PS4 even though they have a PS4 :messenger_persevering::messenger_persevering::messenger_persevering:

You can't blame me when I get annoyed by Nintendo fans.

mcz117chief

This game gets ignored, especially here for no good reason.
Bro, I know you like the game I think everyone and their grandma does by now. I think you should take it down a notch and not come to every single thread talking about 13 Sentinels (a game you thought would be meh until I convinced you to try it mind you). It is getting quite annoying. You got your OT and hype threads and what not. I don't come here and start posting images and videos of Gensin Impact just because it is my GOTY, or Fire Emble Three Houses because it is my GOTG. Not trying to sound harsh, mate.

On topic though, Hades and Supergiant games in general just don't impress me. Hades, however, has been doing the rounds practically everywhere so saying it isn't getting recognition is laughable.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Sorry but I hear rogue like or rogue light or whatever it is and I instantly lose interest. I can't remember the last time we had an indie hit that didn't have that label.

Will get Hades soon, but I don't like the character animation from the gameplay I've watched.
It seems really low quality, and the character does weird slip and slide all the time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't come here and start posting images and videos of Gensin Impact just because it is my GOTY, or Fire Emble Three Houses because it is my GOTG.
Those games are crazy popular, Gensin Impact alone is everywhere on internet. And topic is about “Highest rated Games of this generation by critics and fans needs more Love!” So what’s wrong for me mentioning my favourite game? You are more than free to ignore my post.

mcz117chief

So what’s wrong for me mentioning my favourite game?
Nothing, unless it turns into an obsession, you even changed your avatar and talk about it every chance you get and inject it into every thread you possibly can. Just saying to take it down a notch. You can mention in but posting a screen size picture every time is annoying.

borborygmus

Why does nobody know how to spell "rogue?"

Hades is a cool game and excellent for what it is, but what it is is not that substantial compared to other games and that's why it's not getting that much attention.

Danjin44

Nothing, unless it turns into an obsession, you even changed your avatar and talk about it every chance you get and inject it into every thread you possibly can. Just saying to take it down a notch. You can mention in but posting a screen size picture every time is annoying.
You know how many thread we have about Cyberpunk? Most people here have “obsession” towards the game but that’s okay for that game because it’s more popular?

This is a gaming forum and I’m allowed to talk about the game I enjoyed, again if you really bothered by my post then just put me in ignored list if you want.

sobaka770

Banned
Ah yes the Supergiants game. I heard good things but the artstyle is an immediate turn-off for me. I tried Bastion, Transistor and I'm done.

JimiNutz

Banned
Why isn't it on PS and/or Xbox?
I feel like it would be more popular if it were on these platforms as well.

TonyK

noj5uok.png

Yesterday I entered the PSstore to check this game and the trailer was awful, for me. The presentation of characters, the mood, all seemed for teens. It was the same problem I had with Persona 5 (I abandoned it at 10 hours, impossible for me to connect with the theme), and I don't want to make the same mistake with 13 sentinels.

Maybe is a great game but, clearly, it's not for everyone.

Danjin44

Yesterday I entered the PSstore to check this game and the trailer was awful, for me. The presentation of characters, the mood, all seemed for teens. It was the same problem I had with Persona 5 (I abandoned it at 10 hours, impossible for me to connect with the theme), and I don't want to make the same mistake with 13 sentinels.

Maybe is a great game but, clearly, it's not for everyone.
All I can say is this game has NOTHING in common with Persona and that’s all I would say about it. I don’t know your taste in games, you either going to like it or not, just watch some reviews and see if the game is for you or not.

Niche games are called niche for a reason people.

A truly great game can't just be ignored forever, it will market it self. Especially in this day and age where Youtube/Twitch/Twitter/Game forums exist, but if the game looks cheap (ie looks like 2-3 gens ago) it won't sell gang busters even if it's fantastic gameplay wise, but considring it's budget it would've sold enough to be profitable and warrent a sequal, and presumably the developers would carve for themselves a niche that they can profit from (see GUST/Idea Factory/Falcom/Vanillaware /NIS/THQN.. etc).

GymWolf

The best indie of the year without a doubt.
noj5uok.png

Personally, i watched some trailers and gameplay and i still don't understand what the combat is all about, it looks like a mobile game.

Danjin44

Personally, i watched some trailers and gameplay and i still don't understand what the combat is all about, it looks like a mobile game.
Have you played games like Zero Escape: 999? It’s that type of game, mix with RTS combat. For me the combat is more than it looks especially the last battle was super exciting. But the highlight of the game is it’s story and how it’s constructed and paced.

GymWolf

Have you played games like Zero Escape: 999? It’s that type of game, mix with RTS combat. For me the combat is more than it looks especially the last battle was super exciting. But the highlight of the game is it’s story and how it’s constructed and paced.
No never played that game.

Ah the bi-annual, games media push for Super Giant's latest project has arrived. I'll grab a pumpkin spice latte as well.

I thought that the long tail of early access might have spared us the performative adulation this time.

I bought Hades, and it is fine for a run every few days, but I actually think we would be better served by a high quality roguelike, and not a roguelike lite. With Hades, if a good run ends poorly, it tends to feel like the developer is saying "Yeah, you got it, but you didnt play it enough yet. This is a Roguelitelike, so enjoy getting minutely better over 50 runs and we will let you through after that. Good news, we've made the story match that experience on this one!"

You know what actually needs love? Steamworld Dig 2. Anyway, point being is Hades is getting all the love right now, so it's a bad pick and you should feel bad.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

You know how many thread we have about Cyberpunk? Most people here have “obsession” towards the game but that’s okay for that game because it’s more popular?

This is a gaming forum and I’m allowed to talk about the game I enjoyed, again if you really bothered by my post then just put me in ignored list if you want.
Talk about overreaction, mate, why would I put you in ignore? I consider you to be one of my favorite people here on GAF, you are acting like an angry girlfriend who wants to break up during the couple's first argument. I just gave you a friendly advice. I love you and I wish the best for you and I hope you aren't upset with me, man. <3

Danjin44

Talk about overreaction, mate, why would I put you in ignore? I consider you to be one of my favorite people here on GAF, you are acting like an angry girlfriend who wants to break up during the couple's first argument. I just gave you a friendly advice. I love you and I wish the best for you and I hope you aren't upset with me, man. <3
No I’m not upset and I get what you saying but when I see this.....

It breaks my heart and what happens when Vanillaware stops bothering bring their games to the west like Great Ace Attorney?

mcz117chief

It breaks my heart and what happens when Vanillaware stops bothering bring their games to the west like Great Ace Attorney?

Eh, just give it time, it could just be a slow burner. Look at NieR, the game straight up vanished after release and now we got 1 sequel down, a remaster and another sequel in the pipe (oh yeah and a mobile game too). It just takes a while for games to get noticed, that is why I keep my copy of 13 Sentinels wrapped (it could fetch a nice price later down the line).

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned

13 Sentinels style is so heavily geared towards Japan with that art style, it was always doomed in the west, the impression the game garners from a western audience is a Japanese RPG shovelware, rather than a great game like it is. It needed monster reviews like Persona to pick up any traction.

Kadayi

Banned
I played Bastion and Transistor and tbh, love the art stylings, but the actual gameplay has never gelled with me. Seems a lot of people love SGG though, so more power to them but this idea that Hades isn't getting any love is kind of absurd. It's a Niche title at the end of the day versus AAA. I dare say within in its bracket it doing quite well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom