• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay RaR

He at least has a story reason for being there. He has past ties to big mom, he's in charge of keeping pekoms at bay,rivalry with tamago.

Carrot? Come on now whys she there really.

It's happening

There's a chance Oda pulls a tragic backstory out of a hat, a reason for me to still believe.

NSESN

Maybe not an arc focus but she is featured prominently within the Straw Hat crew like she's one of them.

Feels more than a guest party member than Pedro.

Kinnemon got the same treatment in PH and dressrosa but I don't think he will join.

Edit: Please no more tragic backstories. I don't even care if Carrot joins, maybe she can grow on me like Franky and Robin, but I really don't want more tragic backstories. She wanting to know the world outside of Zou is enough.

Jay RaR

Kinnemon got the same treatment in PH and dressrosa but I don't think he will join.

As much as Kinnemon respects Luffy, I didn't get the feeling he wanted to join let alone follow a band of pirates. After all the time spent hanging around the Straw Hats and helping them out in a pinch, Carrot might like their company and would have a genuine reason to join.

dan2026

One heart, one soul, one Carrot.

1489906007628.jpg

turmoil

Banned
Nami's 'fighting' style is the one I dislike the most, it feels like she only does tricks with her magic stick.

I want to see monster Chopper and Franky Shogun teaming up against a giant.

Nami's 'fighting' style is the one I dislike the most, it feels like she only does tricks with her magic stick.

I want to see monster Chopper and Franky Shogun teaming up against a giant.

What's wrong with that? Not everyone needs to be a power fighter. Ussop's fighting style is the same and as we saw from his fight with Luffy when he's going all out (which I wish Oda would actually allow him to) it can get crazy

Jay RaR

Brook just had a 1 on 1 WITH A FREAKING YONKO

He did and lost off panel. He's redeemed because he completed one of the MOs of this arc. The other MO is to get the heck outta there, but Sanji and his fam issues are making things more complicated than needs be.

Except it's not trolling because it's disgustingly obvious that Carrot isn't joining.

It would be a bigger troll if she did join.

Guess I'm too oblivious since the anime and the manga make a real effort to make me like Carrot and make her feel part of the crew.

And the bigger troll to join would be Pudding, but everyone knows even myself that it won't happen in a million years even with Pudding's OP ability. The least I can hope for is that she falls with grace.

turmoil

Banned
I just don't connect with the weather manipulation powers I guess, I am conscious of what I said can be said about Usopp techniques&fights(that I love) as well. But with Usopp at least we see that he is shotting something, Nami uses the clima tact and thunder/fog/clouds happens. I would be happier if she had those powers by means of a DF tbh, even at the expense of DF over utilization danger. In OP's world those kind of powers should be attained via a DF.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just realized that its been 7 years since the War/Marineford Arc ended....holy shit times flies by :eek:

Compbros

On the other hand he didn't have that instant this person must join type of thing.

More than half the crew didn't get that.

Edit: I'm firmly in a mindset of "if Carrot doesn't join I can tell I'm gonna dislike whoever does join for a while because they're not carrot". As long as it's not Jinbei they won't get immense hatred though.

Compbros

Mmm nah robin and frankly didn't get it that's about it. I guess in a way usopp?

As far as "instant this person must join" the people that got that was Zoro, Nami, Chopper, and Brook. Usopp they became friends first, Zeff asked Luffy to take Sanji though he was looking for a cook anyway, Robin and Franky is obvious.

As far as "instant this person must join" the people that got that was Zoro, Nami, Chopper, and Brook. Usopp they became friends first, Zeff asked Luffy to take Sanji though he was looking for a cook anyway, Robin and Franky is obvious.

Maybe I'm confused what you mean by "obvious", but people thought it was going to be Paulie until we were on the train most of the way to Enies Lobby and Franky started helping the SH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom