• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Coming to NA

I guess we can scratch off God Eater 2 then if they're not willing to localize a Vita port of a game they're already translating. I didn't know Sony QA was that expensive...
Actually, D3 published God Eater Burst, so who knows what will happen with GE2.

And in any case, we won't really know for sure that Pirate Warriors Vita isn't coming until there's a definitive statement or a set release date. This could just be the press making assumptions based on a vaguely written press release. Vita games are PSN games too.

DTJAAAAM

Enjoyed the first enough to come back for more, but I guess Namco Europe will get my money again since I want it on disc.

And in any case, we won't really know for sure that Pirate Warriors Vita isn't coming until there's a definitive statement or a set release date. This could just be the press making assumptions based on a vaguely written press release. Vita games are PSN games too.
This

Yawnier

Banned
Someone explain their logic for these games release history?

Ken's Rage - 360/ps3
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 360/ps3
DYNASTY Warriors Gundam 3 - 360/ps3
Dynasty Warriors 7 XL and Empires - ps3 only
One Piece Warriors - ps3 only
Warriors Orochi 3 - 360/ps3
Ken's Rage 2 - 360/ps3
One Piece Warriors 2 - ps3 only

Not port begging but the inconsistency is annoying and more than a little illogical.

Warriors games have pretty much always been there on Sony's platforms, I mean just to give a early few examples; DW1 was an exclusive to the PS1 and DW2 was an exclusive launch title for the PS2.

Plus, it doesn't help that the 360 has been pretty much just a level above being dead in Japan for the last several years.

Takao

Banned

Ken's Rage - 360/ps3
Ken's Rage 2 - 360/ps3

Not port begging but the inconsistency is annoying and more than a little illogical.

I'm surprised they're all not PS3 only. These games only put up big numbers in Japan, and 360 is irrelevant there.

D3 is owned by Scamco.

I don't get why the FOTNS games are on 360 and these aren't.

Maybe they rightly or wrongly assume that the Fist of the North Star audience is on both systems but One Piece (or modern anime fans) are mostly on PS3.

Or they just can't for whatever reason justify a 360 port for America.

We're getting this too?! Namco Bandai is really on the ball this year. I really should play through the first one, I mean its already on my PS3, I don't know why I've waited so long.

The 360 versions I am talking about usually made exclusive for 360 in the west. For example Warriors Orochi 3 did not have a 360 version in Japan yet I have a copy for 360 sitting on my shelf at home.

It actually did. It sold as well as you would expect a 360 version will in Japan.

The only musou game that gotten a 360 version but did not release that version in Japan was Dynasty Warriors 7.

I assume that Koei just decided that all the extra work of making a 360 port isn't worth it compared to the sales it would get.

Kyon

Banned

Ken's Rage - 360/ps3
Ken's Rage 2 - 360/ps3

Because in Japan no one would ever buy the 360 version. Surprised they even were multiplat

EDIT:Beaten -__-

Jafku

Why no Vita version for NA or EU? That's what I was planning on getting it. Would love for a musou game on vita besides DW: Next

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Ken's Rage - 360/ps3
Ken's Rage 2 - 360/ps3

I think it has more to do with the times the games were released, and profit production. THe Mainline Warriors always got a 360 release, but their expansions didn't. They attempted to release some expansions on 360 (Like for Samurai Warriors 2, I believe it was), but they were download only. 360 also can't have a disk removed and inserted to "link" with a game in the same way as PS3.

Their Xbox releases have also been spotty in quality (Like how warriors orochi 2 had horrible framerate, same with Strike Force, I hear), so it seems like development on the system has always been hard for them, as well.

It seems like there was a time when Koei wanted to support both equally, but failing JP Xbox 360 sales make that less reasonable going forward. If they're going to make a port, they now have Vita and Wii U as an option, so 360 is less and less appealing.

Even though I have a PS3 (and Wii U) now, I'll continue to support the 360 releases of their games as long as they publish them in the US.

The 360 versions I am talking about usually made exclusive for 360 in the west. For example Warriors Orochi 3 did not have a 360 version in Japan yet I have a copy for 360 sitting on my shelf at home.

pa.205725.1.jpg

I remember having friends playing through it on my 360 friend list for months before a western release :|

Why no Vita version for NA or EU? That's what I was planning on getting it. Would love for a musou game on vita besides DW: Next

I'd wait for an official response on this, before ruling it out. Wouldn't be suprising if they wanted to make some money back on the PS3 version first, or, as mentioned earlier, release it around the time the PSN version gets a price drop, since they're basically the same game, this time.

KillGore

What's the difference between the first one and the second one? Can you replay most of the stories in the second one? or just the stories that weren't in the first one. I have yet to play the first game so I'm not sure what the difference would be.

NeededSleep

hurrah! Hopefully they will look into a physical release for this one NA. The digital of the first game still is sitting pretty pricey for me to jump on no matter how badly i want to.

hurrah! Hopefully they will look into a physical release for this one NA. The digital of the first game still is sitting pretty pricey for me to jump on no matter how badly i want to.

Nope, Siliconera mentioned that it was a PSN only release in NA again.

Update: Namco Bandai have confirmed to Siliconera that One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 will be a download-only (PlayStation Network) release in North America, just like the first game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If Vita can't even get downloadable multi releases of title already localised for PS3...what the hell.

Takao

Banned
This is rather puzzling given they're still publishing a Vita game this year that would have the same costs associated to releasing it as One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 ... I guess the first game sold a number, that while good enough to get the second one localized, wasn't enough to where they felt the smaller Vita userbase could make it worth their while.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent. Now let's get Gigant Battle 2 over here. Ganbarion (the Jump Super/Ultimate Stars guys) made it!

dUpsrkd.jpg

Excellent. Now let's get Gigant Battle 2 over here. Ganbarion (the Jump Super/Ultimate Stars guys) made it!

dUpsrkd.jpg

While we're at it let's get One Piece unlimited Cruise SP over in the US too.
tumblr_ltrqffUhfh1qzz13ao1_500.jpg

Seriously, if this game come's out I'm getting a 3DS XL on the spot.

Cbajd5

What do we have here?

Let it be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, please.

Please.

Also, I don't know why but I thought this was basically confirmed already. Will wait for PS+ discount or until I actually get around to beating the first.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What's the difference between the first one and the second one? Can you replay most of the stories in the second one? or just the stories that weren't in the first one. I have yet to play the first game so I'm not sure what the difference would be.

News on part 2 is still slim, but generally, when a Warriors game gets a sequel, you get less-focused retellings of old content, as newer stuff takes the main stage now. So while an arch might get 3 stages in a previous game, it might get one in the new game, since they spent more time working on the new stuff. They'll spend most of their time making the new stuff look awesome, and the older things are just mentioned as a necessairy element.

The first game also has a few characters who have additional, alternate moves that are only made available when equipping certain items. Nothings been shown about this moving over to game 2 yet, and it is likely that this won't directly make the cut. So you might miss out on a few moves or playstyles.

To me, Pirate Warriors 1 over-pads the single player mode with distracting elements, that aren't fun for as many times as they want you to do them. But it has great presentation where it counts. Koei-fied versions of the manga and anime scenes are great, and if you're a lapsed OP fan, it's a great way to catch up on a lot of the important parts of the story.

If you're the kind of person who labels musou as "repetatative", it might just be worth wating to jump in on the second.

However, if you can appreciate the changes in each one, and want to what will likley be the best telling of the old material, get both.

Ridley327

Man, I can't even imagine why this isn't coming to the Vita in the west; Namco obviously doesn't have any problems cancelling retail releases for Vita games only to make them PSN-exclusive, so I really do wonder what's up with that.

Dragun619

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Coming to NA! Sweet

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 will be a Digital PSN Release. Lame

No One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Vita Version. The fuuuu...?!

test_account

XP-39C²
What about a Europe Vita release?
Its doubtful. Pirate Warriors 1 did however get a retail and PSN release in Europe, while the US only got the PSN release. But even so, i still doubt that a Vita version will come out in the west. At least import is possible, but then there is the language barrier of course (unless one knows japanese).

t26

Its doubtful. Pirate Warriors 1 did however get a retail and PSN release in Europe, while the US only got the PSN release. But even so, i still doubt that a Vita version will come out in the west. At least import is possible, but then there is the language barrier of course (unless one knows japanese).

But One Piece is a lot more popular in Europe, a couple of DS, 3DS , and Wii One Piece games got Europe release.

test_account

XP-39C²
But One Piece is a lot more popular in Europe, a couple of DS, 3DS , and Wii One Piece games got Europe release.
Yeah, i think that is why Pirate Warriors 1 for PS3 got a phyiscal release as well in Europe. But releasing it only for PSN in Europe is doubtful in my opinion. I imagine that they would release it in the US then as well. Maybe it is not 100% impossible, but i would guess no.

Top Bottom