• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
z9C2c2Q.jpg

Shitty time skip Nami design is here to stay

THE YEAR OF SANJI GUYS ! Here's a Zoro legend. Beautiful

Looks like I spoke too soon. Sanji isn't getting a legend this time around unfortunately. I hope he's at least really strong. At least 3d2y strong with different application. I kind of wanted all the strawhats to get a legend.

Definitely looking forward to time skip Nami.

Kyou

Doesn't he have 5 sockets? Might as well go CD, Bind, Despair, Slots, Autoheal.

Edit: whoops, sorry for the double post.

Okay, yeah, that's what I figured. Wasn't sure if there was something special he was used for.

I might not wait for skill up with him. It's only 11 levels and with 5 sockets I'll probably hit that anyway

Jayhawk

I booked Monday off from work, so I should be able to farm a lot of Tesoro. Some combination of my Rayleigh, INThawk, Issho, INtvankov, Robin, Whitey Bay, Log Nami, Towel Nami, Trebol, or other INT units should be good enough for farming. 40 stamina is still 100% drop. 60 stamina is needed for the rainbow crab evolver for Tesoro though, and it's also a good source for tomes and candies,

bobohoro

Well, 80 Mihawks farmed, should be enough.
Cleaned up my box (and spend some gems for space) and now have 60 open slots, so I should be good for the rest of the week and will even hang onto some GT copies in the end.

Also reviewed chaos colo and I should be able to do Urouge at my current status, so that will probably be my weekend. Can't see myself clearing Smoker yet though.

EMT0

Banned
If you're reading this, you're likely a new player looking at where to start off his OPTC adventure. Welcome to OPTCGAF, where we'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Below is a rough progress report of what I went through as an early game player that is meant to give you some inspiration as to what your short-term goals should be.

However, my playthrough is far from a tell-all guide and is slightly distorted in later chapters because of certain events in OPTC dropping around that time that pushed me to do some crazy things. I'm still surprised I managed to pull off some of these things to this day, such as clearing raid bosses out of the traditional 'order' and getting certain units maxed out far earlier than normal. As such, I strongly recommend to NOT use my rate of progress as a measuring stick, as some amount of ingame purchases were required to pull off what I did when you really don't have any reason to do so.

Below are a few links to resources that I REALLY recommend you check out before you start. The game's far less confusing if you do a bit of reading beforehand, and these guides either answer many of your questions or provide super useful tools that will aid in your enjoyment of the game. Some of these resources will give you more links to other resources that you should peruse should you find the need.

• New Player's Roadmap - r/OPTC
  • New Player's FAQ - r/OPTC
  • r/OPTC -> In the top left there's a button labeled Menu, under which you can find links to guides of just about anything of note involving the game. Notable is the Wiki submenu, which contains guides to the story, fortnights, raids, coliseums, etc.
  • OPTC Database -> Contains among other things, a damage calculator and a character table that lets you easily look up characters by name, class, captain or special effects, etc.

----

Day 1 + 2: Baby Steps + Assembling the Mihawk Killer team
Day 3: Hitting the Early Benchmarks
Day 4: Crawling to the New Benchmarks
Day 5: Ore wa Kami Nari
Day 9: Overachieving
Day 13: Last Minute Goals
Day 18: The Week of Mixed Feelings
Day 22: The Day of Reckoning
Day 24: Burning a Forest Down
Day 29: The Day Before the Storm
Day 37: The Storm, Week 1
Day 45: At Last, Calm Waters, kind of
Day 5X: There is no such thing as calm waters
Day 6X: I Can't Believe My Skillup Luck is This Good
----

EMT0's diary is quite a great source of information for New Players. Since he had previously played a bit before starting with his re-rolled account, he knows what he must do to rush to the top as fast as possible.

His biggest problem is that he is weak to the shinning red tavern button

Ain't that the truth, lol. I figure I should likely create an index. If any new players want to see my muddling through the early stages of the game, I should at least make it so that they can do so with ease.

RalchAC

z9C2c2Q.jpg

Shitty time skip Nami design is here to stay.

Angry-Picard.gif

THE YEAR OF SANJI GUYS ! Here's a Zoro legend. Beautiful

But every year is the year of Zoro. So he wins.

Ain't that the truth, lol. I figure I should likely create an index. If any new players want to see my muddling through the early stages of the game, I should at least make it so that they can do so with ease.

----

Day 1 + 2: Baby Steps + Assembling the Mihawk Killer team
Day 3: Hitting the Early Benchmarks
Day 4: Crawling to the New Benchmarks
Day 5: Ore wa Kami Nari
Day 9: Overachieving
Day 13: Last Minute Goals

----

I'll be making a full writeup of progress this past week + my Sugofest shenanigans later.

Nice! Even if the Frieza event disappears, I think there is some high quality information about how to pace the game when you've just started. Keep doing those posts!

EMT0

Banned
Day 18: The Week of Mixed Feelings

This last week man. There's been a lot of things happening. Some good, some bad. Some that just leave me feeling completely confused. Emphasis is mostly on a LOT of things having happened. So we're going to be breaking it down and covering each major point in detail in a manner that feeds on topic into another. Let's begin. As a heads up, this ultimately turned out to be a longass post.

*Game Updates
We're not gonna talk raids, fortnights, or anything else here other than two things. The first is no more sitting through animations. The second is the 20 stamina increase. Now sure, the former is nice. But we really didn't rely on specials that much to clear content at this stage in the game, we've been relying on an arms war of better and better captains to smash our way through to victory. But the 20 stamina increase?

Please allow me this, just one time.

Eiaha.gif

Bumping us up by 20 stamina is HUGE. We've spent the last 2+ weeks getting limited by team size, but now? Now we can go nuts. And by nuts I mean...

*Evolutions
Legend Lucci? Evolved
Monster Chopper? Evolved
Diamante? Evolved
Kalifa? Evolved
Marco? Evolved
Capone? ....eh
Heracles'n? ....see above, but almost!
Buggy? Evolved
Baccarat? Evolved

That boost in stamina let us evolve so many units that were sitting there, waiting for that magical moment. I'm happy to say, that magical moment was now, and my teams are all the better for it, but more on that later. And of course, evolving units is only half the challenge. You gotta level up units to evolve them, and even then, evolved units require levels to be useful. Happy to say, we got that covered too.

*Level-Ups
Lv.50 5* Lucci -> Lv. 70 and evolved -> Lv.50 Lucci
Lv.5 4* Chopper -> Lv. 70 and evolved -> Lv. 50 Monster Chopper
Lv.65 Diamante -> Lv. 70 and evolved -> Lv. 45 5* Diamante
Lv.10 FN Kalifa -> Lv. 50 and evolved
Lv.5 5* Kyros -> Lv. 45
6* Marco -> Lv. 30
Lv.10 4* Squard -> Lv. 50
Lv.5 5* INTvankov -> Lv. 50
Lv.5 unevolved Baccarat -> Lv. 60 evolved Baccarat

*Fortnights
Before covering this week's fortnights, let's finish up talking about last week's fortnights. Or really, the only fortnight we were actively bothering with, Alvida. Last post, I did a whole lot of humming and hawing to justify farming 30 Alvida books. So the question is, was that goal accomplished? Nope. We had the capacity and the time, but real life complications kept me from getting all thirty copies. What we did get was 28 Alvida books, and 4 out of 5 autoheal sockets. In other words, very close on all fronts, but not quite there. I figure that the next I'll get a chance to max out Alvida is when her coliseum rolls around at this point, but them's the break. With some luck, we'll max Alvida's skillup but failing that, it's not the end of the world. The next time Mihawk rolls around, her 10 turn cooldown can turn into 6 turns with double Diamante and could turn Mihawk into a speedrun. Thinking about it, max skillup Diamante while running double Diamante captains turns into a 13 turn cooldown 2 turn delay + 71k damage at the end of every turn for five turns. Sounds like straight murder IMO. On a funny side note, I'm sitting on 33 Ashura Zoro books thanks to the Alvida fortnight, and that's going to get maxed no matter what.

On to this week's fortnights, the shorthand answer is that we cleared everything easy. Got Buggy(and his fodder), got Khalifa and Paulie, and got Baccarat, Dice, and Mr. Tanaka. All three stages can be cleared reliably at 30 stamina without using a gem, but my current favorite to clear is easily Khalifa's because of my large roster of good STR units. Getting Paulie took a while, so I'm sitting on six copies of Khalifa at the moment. DEX Khalifa is IMO worth skilling up due to her high cooldown + ability to give you full DEX orbs with Zeff. It also helps that I pulled RR Khalifa, so one way or another I'm going to need lots of copies of Khalifa, and now seems like a good time to get started on that.

*Raids
Mihawk was cleared easily, albeit stupidly. Why stupidly? I ran a double Lucci team and missed in the middle of my three STR orb opening attack, got zero STR orbs on the next two hits, and failed to KO him by 30k damage on the final turn. The moral of the story is, don't fuck up your perfects. My current pirate level being 111, farming him isn't gonna happen yet as my stamina bar sits at 75, still just shy of 80.

*Miscellaneous
As mentioned above, we hit Pirate Level 111 far faster than anticipated thanks to gemming for Alvida. Other things that I've been gemming for includes Cotton Candy Island and Turtle Time, which we go super hard on now thanks to our deluge of new units. A few days ago, most of our units were sitting pretty and mostly at higher levels? Now? Shit man, we're back to scrub tier with most of our units underpowered. More on that later. But thanks to cotton candy island, the Merry hit Lv. 10! Watch out 15 stamina, more like watch out 30 stamina at our current pace. Now the question is, what's the next ship to dump stamina into now? I just cleared Jaya so I'm not too far off from the Thousand Sunny, and just about every other guide video relies on it for easier clears, so I suppose that'll be the ship goal now.

*The Moment of Truth
Okay fine, I know you want to know what happened during the Law Sugofest. The answer is confusion. On the one hand, I got a large number of useful units. I'll touch lightly on why they're useful in my specific situation, but if you want real unit analysis I'd recommend the Reddit community.

*SW Zoro - Best DEX captain? Best DEX captain, unless 6* Zoro makes us all lose our damn minds. Honestly has me contemplating chasing after the Moby Dick too since I have a nice pile of DEX units.
*Kyros - A nice, self-sufficient Slasher/Powerhouse/DEX sub at worst, and at best facilitates some super flexible rainbow teams. Call him Sengoku-mini
*Monet - This is why I pulled yo. This is why I pulled. We have 6* Marco, meaning we can slap her onto any team that runs him to great effect. And it's not just Marco, we have Trebol, we have 5* Shanks, and we have...
*INTvankov - Excellent sub, and the best Free Spirit captain in the game outside of Sabo. Ivankov's special heals us, halves damage, and cures poison. That's some mad utility
*Doma - Orb manipulators are always cool. Low on the priority list
*Sugar - I don't have Whitebeard or a maxed Mihawk yet, but when I do....whoo! Low priority atm
*Leo - He health cuts, he locks slots, and he delays with a decent cooldown. Excellent and flexible sub
*Bon Clay - An orb manipulator that I was farming just drops onto my lap. I'll take it, oh yes I will
*Squard - A 1.75x orb booster for Slashers and Powerhouses? Decent, decent. He's no Senor Pink, but he has his place in my current teams, for sure
*RR Khalifa - Another excellent sub for getting you over that threshold to clear content. She'll do nicely for rainbow Trebol teams
*Inazuma - ...is he supposed to be good? If he is, I don't see it, someone please let me know if I'm off here
*Mansherry - She looks like a big middle finger to Doc Indigo should he ever come back around, and for that, she gets all the love in the world.
*Vista - Tanking captain? Tanking captain. Happy to have him
*Koala - I'm sorry Ideo, you've been replaced on my Fighter teams as a class booster. I still think you're dope and super flexible, and actually still by far my best Fighter captain, but like...It's Koala man. Don't take it personal.
*Rakuyo - A reliable orb manipulator and a good Turtle Time captain? Yes please
*5* Shanks - ...you'll do. I guess
*Hack - Welcome to the 'We're waiting on Whitebeard' party, right next Sugar. You're very welcome to stay with us, but it isn't your true time to shine yet, friend. But welcome to the Fighter crew
*Kid - I already have Vergo, but I'll be damned if you're not a good and easy to use unit as a sub or for stages where STR is optimal
*PSY Marco - Unlike Shanks, you're good. You're damn good, and have your place. Welcome aboard, King of the Monday Turtle Times

Why was I heavily confused on how to feel about this Sugo? Well...

First I saw this
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vbFhtZ05abC5naWYifQ.4ijXftFXcniKrJ999sDby2XT2Pk

and got really hyped.

Then I saw this
c0415.png

and got like this
tumblr_mt2zkoNO301s2axdno1_500.gif

Now, if I didn't have Legend Marco, I'd be really excited, because her captain ability, while liable to get messed up is still a strong multiplier. But...I have Legend Marco. I was mostly bummed out that what could have been the chance to start angling for a whole new set of teams under someone like Sabo, Cabbage, or Rayleigh is instead 'I guess...I'll use you as a sub for my Ivankov teams. I guess.' Write me down for the list of people hoping she gets the Sengoku treatment to differentiate her.

What was the bad side to all of this, if Hancock is more of a mixed good and bad? The duplicates. God the duplicates. I got:

4 SW Zoros
3 Koalas
3 Kyros
3 Domas
2 Leos
4 Bon Clay
4 Monet
6 Ivankovs

And that's ignoring vanilla Strawhats or random fodder like Kaya or Nojiko. To those wondering how many pulls I did, the answer is 3 multis and 5 singles, IIRC. My first two multis gave me a lot of units that I didn't have before and only 1-2 dupes/fodder each, including Hancock. Feeling lucky, I went for a third. 11 dupes in a row. 4 of those 11 were Ivankovs ;_;. From there, a friend later talked me into doing a few singles with him where I got Hack, Rakuyo, Kid, and PSY Marco, stopping once I got another dupe(Bon Clay).

I suppose the bright side is that since I'm gunning for a Powerhouse team, all these Rare Recruit dupes are actually useful fuel for the Rocket Man once the Rayleigh Shop drops. Hopefully it's sooner than later though, this amount of fodder units is eating into my box space.

*Goals
We're at an interesting point, aren't we? Lots of useful units were obtained recently, although they're all pieces to larger puzzles at the moment and not particularly useful. Let's talk short-term first.

First up, we're going to clear Gild Tesoro at 60 stamina on Sunday. Once, then never again for the forseeable future. He's excellent as both a captain and a sub, and making a strong PSY team out of him is incredibly easy. For example, throw in Impact Dial Usopp/3D2Y Chopper, Fortnight Coby, Monet, and, I dunno, Domino for turn two shenanigans, or PSY Marco to guarantee your full PSY orb board. That's a team that can output a whole lot of damage both turn one and turn two, and is almost entirely F2P outside of Monet. He's just too damn useful to not get a copy of him, so no matter if it takes us five, hell, even ten gems, Gild Tesoro falls on Sunday as well as his be-damned evolver.

When not burning all our stamina on a run at Gild Tesoro, we're going to be farming the hell out of Khalifa off of natural stamina. I touched on this earlier when I mentioned how I own both FN and RR Khalifa; one way or another, today or some day, I'm going to wish I'd worked Khalifa's FN. May as well start that now. But that brings up the question, what about Gold Tesoro's FN? Didn't I just spend a paragraph a few scrolls up rambling about how sweet it'd be to have a maxed out Diamante? Well, this brings us into next week's goals. Next week is half stamina Extra Island. You know what that means? That means we're gonna farm the shit out of Gold Tesoro for Diamante books. As well as get a copy of Lola, Hina, Fullbody, and two Djangos on the side. But the main priority is to go akimbo for those Diamante books, gemming as needed to make sure it happens.

Pirate level has become 'I'll take what I can get' atm, as it's not a massive handicap beyond hitting 80 stamina. That'll likely be hit next week thanks to farming Gold Tesoro. For unit levels, thresholds aren't quite as big a deal anymore now that I have a sizable pile of units to use, even if they're still my system of benchmarks for when a unit is 'complete' for the moment. Likewise, leveling has become the longterm goal because of my large pile of units to level; projecting an estimate of when they'll be 'done' has become a lot harder. Instead, it's more about what units I'm prioritizing for leveling now. these are the units I'm prioritizing, top being most important, bottom being the least important of the important units to prioritize, and by color:

STR:
-Diamante to Lv. 50
-Kid evolved and to Lv. 50
-Hack evolved and to Lv. 50

DEX:
-Kyros to Lv. 50
-Mihawk evolved and to Lv. 50
-Koala to Lv. 50
-Paulie to Lv. 50

QCK:
-Marco to Lv. 50
-Ideo to Lv. 50
-Capone Bege evolved
-Enel evolved
-Leo evolved
-Doma evolved

PSY:
-Monet to Lv. 50
-Heracles'n evolved
-Squard evolved
-Rakuyo evolved
-Shanks to Lv. 50
-Marco to Lv. 50

INT:
-Vista evolved and to Lv. 50
-Sadie evolved
-Young Buggy evolved and to Lv. 50
-Buggy to Lv. 50

As this tread as my witness, I will NOT pull this sugofest.

Same here. Outside of the Legends, the only boosted units I don't have are SW Zoro, Leo and Sugar. While I would LOVE Leo and Sugar (already have 3D2Y Zoro), 2/11 is not good odds to pull for.

I did it! I stayed strong and didn't do a single pull this Sugo. That may be the first time ever that I can say that. Did you make it too, Zeke?

MANUELF

Banned
I just beat Thriller Bark part 1, it was surprisingly easy but part 2 seems like a nightmare quite literally
On my side account well I didnt play all that much on it today, but today was also a very busy day so tomorrow I expect good things

I did it! I stayed strong and didn't do a single pull this Sugo. That may be the first time ever that I can say that. Did you make it too, Zeke?

I didn't even look in the tavern. I want to say that I'm proud of myself but after a while it became abundantly clear that this was a bit of a trap sugo. The real test will be whatever they decide to do around Christmas time.

Verelios

I've amassed 141 gems, recently stopped at TB part 2 for months(lol, loading each stage is too annoying) so I'm expecting at least 30 gems from story. Hopefully I have 200 by Anniversary time.

bjork

Looks like I spoke too soon. Sanji isn't getting a legend this time around unfortunately. I hope he's at least really strong. At least 3d2y strong with different application. I kind of wanted all the strawhats to get a legend.

Definitely looking forward to time skip Nami.

tumblr_inline_o1q6dhy3zl1qbolbn_500.gif

Have you guys ever got a fortnight secret character on 5 stamina? That Just happened to me in Japan with Snow Chopper

On a handful of them, yes.

bobohoro

Finished Urouge colo, was easily doable with double Enel.

And I'm close to finally maxing my coffin boat. But seeing as I needed more than 200 cola to get from 8 to 9, I'm not quite celebrating yet.

That said, what should be the next ship to focus on? The Thousand Sunny would probably be the obvious choice, but maybe maxing the Navy Ship for a Blackbeard team would actually be better? I should have a good enough team to farm BB so running a double BB speed team isn't that far off in the future for me.

Hana-Bi

Man I still can't get my last socket for rr Urouge. :( And I only got one tome today and it also gave me a useless socket for Monet...

MiTYH

Ok, so I'm finally, FINALLY taking a stab at some of these tougher Coliseum stages. Currently stuck at Chaos- Nami. I just don't have the legends to make a double legend team work. Nor do I have Monet, or the Moby Dick ship. Am I basically SOL and need to gem, or is there an easy F2P/legend helper team? I'm basically using Garp/Marco/Duogong/Impact/Cobyv2

EDIT: Just found the guide on reddit actually recommended Marco lead. Gonna try that real quick

Tidd

Ok, so I'm finally, FINALLY taking a stab at some of these tougher Coliseum stages. Currently stuck at Chaos- Nami. I just don't have the legends to make a double legend team work. Nor do I have Monet, or the Moby Dick ship. Am I basically SOL and need to gem, or is there an easy F2P/legend helper team? I'm basically using Garp/Marco/Duogong/Impact/Cobyv2

EDIT: Just found the guide on reddit actually recommended Marco lead. Gonna try that real quick

Double Enel/GPU/Poison remover/doffy/whatever you want and stall till her buff runs out. It's slow but it works.

Missions aren't even a high priority. They can be done whenever and they stopped adding new ones. Just wait for him to drop from a fortnight. Better use of stamina.

It's the last mission I have left on one of the islands so it's bothering the hell out of me. Just spent another full stamina bar on Momoo and still didn't get a drop. It wasn't all bad though. Since that island has become a breeze for me right now it allowed me to test some new team formations which were quite eye opening to me.

Man, I've been sticking to my Killer this whole time and had not realized what a solid INT team I have gathered. At least for where I am right now as a relatively new-ish player, my INT team looked super impressive.

MANUELF

Banned
It's the last mission I have left on one of the islands so it's bothering the hell out of me. Just spent another full stamina bar on Momoo and still didn't get a drop. It wasn't all bad though. Since that island has become a breeze for me right now it allowed me to test some new team formations which were quite eye opening to me.

Man, I've been sticking to my Killer this whole time and had not realized what a solid INT team I have gathered. At least for where I am right now as a relatively new-ish player, my INT team looked super impressive.
I know how you feel, I farmed a bunch of Story characters because of the missions, luckily I got Moomoo on my 5th I believe try so keep trying on 2x drop days

Also because of missions I farmed Morgan, Ms Monday, that bandid from fuchsia village, Carne, Patty, Zeff, Fullbody, Gaimon

Finally beat Colosseum Sadie. Had to gem once to do it, though. 4/5 useful sockets for Whitebeard.

Still can't get past Nami in Kid's route. Just when I think I've got it, out come Absalom and Sanji.

Adeptrain

Holy cow. Story islands are getting really really hard now that I'm at Moria's Mansion ;/ My go to Sengoku team can't beat chapter 6! sigh... Sengoku carried me this far at least ㅠㅠ

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are there any story characters that I simply MUST farm? I'm reading conflicting answers all over. Or outdated answers.

EMT0

Banned
Are there any story characters that I simply MUST farm? I'm reading conflicting answers all over. Or outdated answers.

Story mode characters that you absolutely, 100% have to farm? I'd argue that only Impact Dial Usopp is 'must have', and that's only if you run any form of PSY team. With Gild Tesoro coming out, I'd recommend getting him. To a lesser extent, this is true with Miss Doublefinger and DEX teams, since the only real alternative to her is a Rare Recruit character, 3D2Y Usopp. These are characters you want because there's truly no replacing them and they're necessary members of burst teams.

Next on the list would be useful orb manipulators; this means story Kaku, Rob Lucci, and Zeff as the top tier example of useful, while others such as Bon Clay, Chessmarimo, and Miss Valentine would rank below the following category.

Then we come to useful subs, such as both versions of Story Croc and Magellan. There aren't large numbers of these units, but they're usually characters you'll be glad to have since they can fill niches, such as one form of Story Croc being able to give himself a matching orb and randomize all other orbs.

bjork

It depends entirely on the teams you're going to run and what your RR luck is like, and whether you can hold out for a Friend Point Rare Recruit event. During that event, story units will drop from the Friend Point option in the tavern, instead of garbage fodder. They did one not too long ago and dudes in here were pulling characters I had to do like 30-50 runs to get, but they seem to have no set schedule for these.

The east blue characters have FNs, so Arlong/Alvida/Buggy/Smoker/Tashigi/Krieg/etc all come back often enough that I wouldn't try and farm any of those islands for drops.

I don't generally rely on many story characters outside of specific cases, like needing Striker Croc's poison for princess turtles. But I keep all the ones I have managed to get, because you never know.

What is your box looking like? If we know that, it's easier to say for sure.

RalchAC

Out in global?
Ms Doublefinger, Crocodile, Enel and Rob Lucci

Story mode characters that you absolutely, 100% have to farm? I'd argue that only Impact Dial Usopp is 'must have', and that's only if you run any form of PSY team. With Gild Tesoro coming out, I'd recommend getting him. To a lesser extent, this is true with Miss Doublefinger and DEX teams, since the only real alternative to her is a Rare Recruit character, 3D2Y Usopp. These are characters you want because there's truly no replacing them and they're necessary members of burst teams.

Next on the list would be useful orb manipulators; this means story Kaku, Rob Lucci, and Zeff as the top tier example of useful, while others such as Bon Clay, Chessmarimo, and Miss Valentine would rank below the following category.

Then we come to useful subs, such as both versions of Story Croc and Magellan. There aren't large numbers of these units, but they're usually characters you'll be glad to have since they can fill niches, such as one form of Story Croc being able to give himself a matching orb and randomize all other orbs.

My priority would be something like this:

1. Miss Doublefinger: Quite nice F2P DEX booster. I use her on my Slasher team against Enel.
2. Crocodile: He can drop twice, in Alubarna 10 and he is a really nice unit for INT and Slasher team since he has 4 easily farmable sockets.
3. QCK Lucci: He can drop twice too in the last stage in Ennies Lobby Pt.2. He is the best orb manipulator for QCK teams, which have been infamous for a long time because there was no reliable way to get some orbs. Grab him!
4. Impact Usopp: He would be higher in the list if he wasn't available in Rare Recruit. You will probably get him any way. And his stage is in Water 7, where story quests started getting tough. He is really good though, due to his 2x boost to PSY units.

Those are the must have IMO. In Alabasta Mr.1 is quite good too, but not as necessary since there are other Slasher boosters. And most of the units up to Little Garden have RR versions.

There are other useful units, but those are the best of the best IMO. I had some different factors in account. Sockets, stats and special, but how hard the stage where you fight them too. Some of the units released later are quite hard to farm.

bjork

I think I've used Miss Doublefinger like twice ever, I must be missing out on something here. But then, I don't keep a consistent DEX team and use a slasher team for Enel, so maybe I'm missing a good shortcut.

Kyou

Did a stamina bar of turtles today because my Whitey was loooow leveled. Jabra+Baccarat is pretty great. Doesn't slow you down much and I got a few extra elders

EMT0

Banned
Today is another day that's Zeff-farming friendly. My current total is this, cumulative:

Carnes: 2
Patties: 6
Zeff: 0

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is it just me or do the Elder turtles have way less hp than they used to have ? Feels like they die faster than before lol.

Hisoka

haha - thanks bro.

Are you the last living member of the NO Legend club now ? Or did you already left and i missed it ?

Still there, super lonely now! But saving gems for 2nd anniversary or, if it's nice, a christmas sugo. Have 200+ already, so pulling is more tempting than ever. Still can clear all the content without 6*, so it's ok. :D
Man if i can't pull of a legend then haha!
ha

bjork

Actually caught a turtle time, managed to evolve Coliseum Smoker and got Dagama maxed. Now I'm ready for Tesoro, gonna go

Ray/Ray
Towel Nami/Whitey Bay
GP Usopp/Legend Mihawk

Gives me 2 bind and 3 despair, so I think I can make it at least on the 40. We shall see.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Out in global?
Ms Doublefinger, Crocodile, Enel and Rob Lucci

Story mode characters that you absolutely, 100% have to farm? I'd argue that only Impact Dial Usopp is 'must have', and that's only if you run any form of PSY team.

What is your box looking like? If we know that, it's easier to say for sure.

Yeah, my main problem is that I don’t know what story characters are useful and what aren’t w/r/t what I already have. I’m still not even sure what direction to build my teams. Right now I’m using Ray for everything and trying to build up a QCK team with Marco, so I don't know if any of those story guys are useful to me. I don't have a lot of stamina so I have to spent wisely :)

Current RR:
STR:
Whitebeard
Kumadori
Raid Tony Tony Chopper
Enraged Arlong
Eustass Kid
Lao G.
Elizabello II

DEX:

Roronoa Zoro (Ashura Ichibugin)/(A pirate who lives by his code)/(Three Thousand Worlds)/(Streaming Wolf Swords)
Raid Mihawk
Trafalgar Law
Brook
Caesar Clown
Giolla

QCK:

Marco
Portgas D. Ace
Bohemian Knight Doma
Ideo
Sanji
Chef Sanji