• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have no idea how to beat this Franky FN. I can use a team that can beat stage 4 or stage 5, but not both.

mileS

Finally got my evolver for Blackbeard. Gave him a meat too. Was excited to try him for the first time and then I remembered I don't have any friends with him. Ugh. Is there any other source for Friend codes besides reddit? I love that they changed the friend system but I feel like it could use some more work again.

MiTYH

Oh damn, forgot Mihawk is coming. I'll farm him to try and replace my slot to charge special on INTHawk. Hopefully it won't take very long.... Was thinking about a double Baccarat team, but I don't have enough health cutters to make the team I saw on reddit (had mihawk/WB as subs, sugar for the final KO).

Kakaroach

Oh damn, forgot Mihawk is coming. I'll farm him to try and replace my slot to charge special on INTHawk. Hopefully it won't take very long.... Was thinking about a double Baccarat team, but I don't have enough health cutters to make the team I saw on reddit (had mihawk/WB as subs, sugar for the final KO).

Same, but I gotta change mine from orbs to auto heal. Was a bit of a noob way back when haha.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm ok. I think I have time to spend gems in about 25h from now :).

Just looked up Canvendish again.....man Raid Hawk would be a perfect sub for him, would let you clear even more content. Get them copies xD

EMT0

Banned
Just cleared Sabaody and got 2 Pacifistas, goal for today is to also clear Amazon Lily. Just need to wait ~3 hours to get enough stamina for a levelup.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm really struggling with franky's colisseum

Trying the following teams:

Friend Fuji / Legend Doffy
Shiki / Col Coby
Caesar / Enel

Double Inthawk
3d2Y brook / zoro
Raid doffy/ raid onigumo.

With both teams, screwing up on the perfects can destroy a run.

Any safer teams?

Legends:
Log Luffy, Ace, Rayleigh, marco, sabo, mihawk, doffy.

Maybe a similar driven team, but with Caesar Captain, Legend doffy in the bottom right, and
Giolla or White Chase Smoker in the bottom left?

Majukun

Shiki / Col Coby
Caesar / Enel

Double Inthawk
3d2Y brook / zoro

Any safer teams?

Legends:

Maybe a similar driven team, but with Caesar Captain, Legend doffy in the bottom right, and

fuji
caesar
shiki
lao g/colo coby
doflamingo raid/legend
marco psy

farm rcv orbs on caesar and some other characters while you march owards stage 4
when brook cuts your hp use marco to get them back and attack using the now fixed matching orbs for 4 turns. As long as you have even a slice of hp coming out of the stage you should be alright for stage 5
on stage 5 use fujitora and attack normally, on turn 2 use either shiki+lao g or legend doffy+colo coby to get fully matching orbs, use iether the orb booster or the class booster and attack,you should have more than enough atk to oneshot franky (that will be at around 50% hp after 2 fuji cuts)

i use

2xfuji
shiki
doflamingo raid
lao g
marco psy

and i don't even have to attack with the last STR character,so you should be fine.

Shiki / Col Coby
Caesar / Enel

Double Inthawk
3d2Y brook / zoro

Any safer teams?

Legends:

I went from a slasher team to a driven Colo Kid/Fuji team for Colo Franky. 2Y Sunny is needed but you could probably manage without it when it's gone with proper stalling.

Brook cuts your HP significantly so Kid's CA boost goes from 2x to 2.75x. Use Raid Doffy and Shiki special to OHKO him or kill him in two turns if necessary. For Franky, use Raid Kuma when Franky empties your slots for full matching orbs and a boost. Then activate Caesar and Fuji's special for an easy 1-turn clear.

I also learned that hard way that Brook doesn't change meat orbs into bother orbs should one come up going into his wave, especially if your burst is contingent on switching bother orbs to matching. On the plus side, using a Fuji friend on a driven team means that meat orb will count as matching anyway.

Hana-Bi

Doc Q is the mvp in a double IntHawk team for colo Franky. Don't know if I should farm SW franky sockets this weekend or farm Iva fn though.

RedBoot

Another Franky Colo team that only requires Caesar as far as RRs go: Colo Kid captain and Fuji friend, with Shiki, Raid Doffy, Caesar, and Kuma as crew. Shiki plus Doffy clears Brook, and Kuma, Caesar, and Fuji clears Franky. You need Perfects if your levels are low (my Shiki is only around lv40), but otherwise it's pretty easy.

Not sure how much I'll be farming Franky though, since I'm not sure I'll have anything to farm him with once the Anni Sunny reverts.

MKAllDay

Despite all the pain and suffering RNG causes, every now and then, RNG can be incredibly friendly. My Inthawk needed 2 autoheal and 1 despair socket to be maxed 5/5/5/5. In order to not waste any, I decided to only feed 3 raid Mihawks at a time in the case I somehow hit perfect. Sure enough, first three Mihawks and I get the exact three sockets I needed.

Rixa

Just looked up Canvendish again.....man Raid Hawk would be a perfect sub for him, would let you clear even more content. Get them copies xD

I will. I can clear 20 Sta (beautiful rank exp btw :D) with this team

f.Cavendish Cavendish
Leo - Shiryu
Chopper (3*) - GPU

One more cost and I can add Jozu and that kinda guarantees clears with other friend leaders too.
Shiryu is there for give insurance if I fail, so using Reset as caution.

How many copies I need (50?) and do I need to get main Raid Mihawk to 5* and then wait for double success skill up time and feed the 4* copies to him. What about slots, which to aim?

RalchAC

I will. I can clear 20 Sta (beautiful rank exp btw :D) with this team

f.Cavendish Cavendish
Leo - Shiryu
Chopper (3*) - GPU

One more cost and I can add Jozu and that kinda guarantees clears with other friend leaders too.
Shiryu is there for give insurance if I fail, so using Reset as caution.

How many copies I need (50?) and do I need to get main Raid Mihawk to 5* and then wait for double success skill up time and feed the 4* copies to him. What about slots, which to aim?

Nihawk only has 1 slot, so just get something useful. I'd wait for a skill up event, there is one next week, I think.

I don't know if there is any difference between the 4 and 5* version

Rixa

Nihawk only has 1 slot, so just get something useful. I'd wait for a skill up event, there is one next week, I think.

I don't know if there is any difference between the 4 and 5* version

Yeah Iam definitely waiting for skill up event. Trying to get as many copies as I can. Used Baccara friend and grabbed 2 copies in one run. Plan is to get as many copies as I can, real life makes some challenges to this :D

MiTYH

Me: Oh boy, time to fix this mistake of orb slots instead of skill cooldown for my INTHawk
*feeds first five, gets map damage x3 and resilience x2*
Me: Oh, right...

Thank god for 1/2 stamina. I'll gem if I have to, I don't want to go back to this hell of RNG

EDIT: 2 gems, 20 copies and not one instance of the socket I need. I have one guaranteed skillbook for when I get to 4, but... goddamn, this is insane. I'm trying to feed them in groups of 5 to avoid the socket rate that'll be added back in when it's no longer maxed, but... I gotta get at least one for that to happen.

EDIT2: And just like that, 20--> 25 got me 3 charge skills. Almost done!

mileS

How important is auto heal on INThawk? Perfect time to finish sockets today. Right now I'm looking at bind, despair, slots, and charge special. Should I swap one out for auto heal? Keep in mind I have hardly annnny units with bind and despair maxed.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How important is auto heal on INThawk? Perfect time to finish sockets today. Right now I'm looking at bind, despair, slots, and charge special. Should I swap one out for auto heal? Keep in mind I have hardly annnny units with bind and despair maxed.

Personally I'd say it's pretty important. Slashers often rely on the Coffin Boat which will heavily slash your RCV. 1000 heal per turn is huge, but it requires commitment on your sockets. Definitely don't sacrifice Bind or Despair. Slots is the best candidate to swap.

MiTYH

As a main INTHawker, very important. Critical, even. It takes so many sockets to get autoheal to be beneficial (+500 or 1000), but when it works, oh my god, stalling has never been easier.

I made the mistake of doing slots over charge special. A Gafer put it to me like this -- if you're depending on random slots to win, it's not worth it.

And honestly? That's the truth. Go for charge skill/autoheal/bind/despair. With double INTHawk and charge skill you start -1 skill charge with everyone, and + ont he autoheal to start. It really, really is worth it to go this route.

Speaking of, currently at 37 copies, and 4/5 for charge skill. I'll do natural stamina for the rest of the day and if I don't get it, I'll use the guaranteed book.

MKAllDay

I would switch out slots for autoheal. Slasher RCV is not great and Coffin makes it even worse. Autoheal doesn't concern itself with any of that.

Rixa

Argh.

Its 22:06 here in the Friday evening, Iam starting to do mistakes, too much grind o Optc today

Sofar only once failed to clear Mihawk by not killing it in 4 turns. 2 Times went bad cause I needed close the cover of my mobile phone and it seems it did turns and wiped my party, totaling:

- 60 Stamina wasted today.
- 3 Gems used.
- From 82 rank to 91
- 27 Mihawks, one is at 4* level 61 thanks to drops from Raid
- 1.2 million Berries gained after all the fusing

Time to run few copies more and maybe 1-2 rank ups.

Ayeee, beat Boa forest on my first try. I have the worst habit of putting the forests off because I hate the time commitment and stakes associated with each run. Reaching 990 cola was enough motivation to give it a shot after some research.

Now I just need to tackle the Shanks forest and that'll be all of them for me. If only they'd put out the Doffy forest so I can start using teams that are made ten times more viable by the existence of his boat.

Kyou

Ayeee, beat Boa forest on my first try. I have the worst habit of putting the forests off because I hate the time commitment and stakes associated with each run. Reaching 990 cola was enough motivation to give it a shot after some research.

Now I just need to tackle the Shanks forest and that'll be all of them for me. If only they'd put out the Doffy forest so I can start using teams that are made ten times more viable by the existence of his boat.
I'm nearly at 999 also. What team did you use?

Dandte

Argh.

Its 22:06 here in the Friday evening, Iam starting to do mistakes, too much grind o Optc today

Sofar only once failed to clear Mihawk by not killing it in 4 turns. 2 Times went bad cause I needed close the cover of my mobile phone and it seems it did turns and wiped my party, totaling:

- 60 Stamina wasted today.
- 3 Gems used.
- From 82 rank to 91
- 27 Mihawks, one is at 4* level 61 thanks to drops from Raid
- 1.2 million Berries gained after all the fusing

Time to run few copies more and maybe 1-2 rank ups.

Don't forget to use an unevolved one to the orange town mission for free gems.

RedBoot

QCKHawk is over halfway socketed. I'm about to level up, so that'll get me another 10 copies, I'll see how close that gets me before deciding if I want to gem at all or not.

Not sure how often I'll even use him, but it was one of the only useful things I could do today that wouldn't contribute to my box space issues, so... :p

QCKHawk is over halfway socketed. I'm about to level up, so that'll get me another 10 copies, I'll see how close that gets me before deciding if I want to gem at all or not.

Not sure how often I'll even use him, but it was one of the only useful things I could do today that wouldn't contribute to my box space issues, so... :p

Can relate.

I really wish QCKhawk had a secondary class or something. 100k damage and a self 1.75x boost with a max 16 turn cd isn't too bad but since his sole class is slasher, he'll lose out on spots versus other Mihawks on slasher teams. I really considered attempting to socket him to day but I can't even recall any instance of seeing him used in future content on JP teams. That being said I am actually using him to insta-kill Carne in the CC aisle but I think that might be the extent of his usefulness for now.

RedBoot

I really wish QCKhawk had a secondary class or something. 100k damage and a self 1.75x boost with a max 16 turn cd isn't too bad but since his sole class is slasher, he'll lose out on spots versus other Mihawks on slasher teams. I really considered attempting to socket him to day but I can't even recall any instance of seeing him used in future content on JP teams. That being said I am actually using him to insta-kill Carne in the CC aisle but I think that might be the extent of his usefulness for now.

Yeah, I'm hoping something comes along that makes him useful. In my heart I want to see a "fixed damage team" work someday (QCKhawk, Colo Moria, RR Sentomaru, etc) that takes out some sort of high DEF, low HP enemy. But that content would have to exist first. (Some of the Alvida or mid-card Colo fights are close, I guess)

I have seen talk of using QCKhawk as a lead for speedruns when applicable (since he lowers initial CD and offers a decent ATK boost for Slashers), which can help a bit even without a matching QCKhawk friend captain.

mileS

Thank you all very much on the INThawk socket advice. I will totally replace slots. No big deal. It will take time because unfortunately I had to drive 4 hours today and unpack shit so I missed out on most of this golden opportunity to farm him. I'll try to get some runs in now.

MiTYH

Phew. Took 43 runs (2 gems, 1 level up), but I replaced my INTHawk's slots with charge special. Feels good, can't wait to take it for a proper spin after the 2year anniversary ship is done

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
From reddit regarding 6+ Sabo:

Cap: still 2.75 boost, slight boost in hp and rcv special:
1st stage same as before only need 5 perfect
2nd stage 1.75 boost for first turn and only requires 4 perfect to reach 2x boost

Sounds like they may have made it a straight 2.75 boost rather than conditional, btw.

RalchAC

From reddit regarding 6+ Sabo:

Sounds like they may have made it a straight 2.75 boost rather than conditional, btw.

And special gets 2x ATK bonus after 4 perfects. Which is damn great. It's both more forgiving and useful for Log Luffy users.

I don't understand the hate Boa 6+ gets on reddit. She is quite good.

bobohoro

Running Garp with Fuji/Shiki and anni sunny is a rather stark difference to my last time fighting him. Which was 50 minutes zombie runs. I kinda miss those days.
Nah, who am I kidding?
Got 20 copies in half an hour. That's pretty nice.

EMT0

Banned
Thanks to the two year anniversary Sunny, I stomped through the story mode all the way through Oris Plaza and past who knows how many boss battles against the magma brat. I'm finally caught up to the story, which means once I clear these coliseums I'll be free to just farm away at the Kamabakka FN :)

Kyou

Thanks to the two year anniversary Sunny, I stomped through the story mode all the way through Oris Plaza and past who knows how many boss battles against the magma brat. I'm finally caught up to the story, which means once I clear these coliseums I'll be free to just farm away at the Kamabakka FN :)
Congrats!

That must be a lot of story gems

Top Bottom