• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Majukun

I think I dropped Doughty twice. His secret stage was him getting KOed by a Pacifista, which then fled, if I remember correctly. So yeah, 4 copies of Doughty thanks to double stamina and 21 books of Blackbeard. Really rare.

Haruta FN seemed tough at first, since I don't have the required niche FN units like Kid Nami or a Nico Olivia with reasonable CD. But double Neko specials and stage two of YWB already take off 600k health, so I only need the bottom row with an orb boost to KO him.

And needing every drop from a FN feels as good as expected. So much progress.

there's also nightin (other fn character,world pirates) that does the same stuff olvia does

EMT0

Banned
Your Blackbeard drop rates make me jelly, but I guess RNG payed me back in other means like Story Hody. I ran into Doughty constantly. Pretty sure I sold at least 16 dupes of him.

RedBoot

Your Blackbeard drop rates make me jelly, but I guess RNG payed me back in other means like Story Hody. I ran into Doughty constantly. Pretty sure I sold at least 16 dupes of him.

I had BB books drop four runs in a row last night (so that's eight with 2x), so that skewed it a little, but I'd say I probably got more than the average for the number of runs I did. Still doesn't matter til I pull him, of course. :p

But it sounds like Doughty was at least slightly rare, maybe close to Aisa tier? Why is Bandai keeping Doughty and his RVC-orb creation away from us? Is he secretly the best unit, even moreso than Birdie Kingdom Roc?

EMT0

Banned
I had BB books drop four runs in a row last night (so that's eight with 2x), so that skewed it a little, but I'd say I probably got more than the average for the number of runs I did. Still doesn't matter til I pull him, of course. :p

But it sounds like Doughty was at least slightly rare, maybe close to Aisa tier? Why is Bandai keeping Doughty and his RVC-orb creation away from us? Is he secretly the best unit, even moreso than Birdie Kingdom Roc?

tumblr_nihreonyV61tig7qho1_500.gif

That's a good one :')

...Birdie Kingdom Roc is supreme

Kyou

I had bird drop the first time I ran that level and picked Chopper's skull for free

I never got to experience true joy

Kyou

and my 24 hours are up

probably 12-ish gems later I got like five double drops of whitebeard books and three of those had a skill up.

Fuck this fortnight forever and Whitebeard just moved up to my #1 Almighty Manual candidate

EMT0

Banned
and my 24 hours are up

probably 12-ish gems later I got like five double drops of whitebeard books and three of those had a skill up.

Fuck this fortnight forever and Whitebeard just moved up to my #1 Almighty Manual candidate

That was me and Hancock, but then it took me >30 almighty books to get her lousy skillups done. As for bets on the new Global raid, it's Rayleigh and he's going to be a STR Cerebral/Fighter that has an AOE nuke that goes through barriers plus boosts the color affinity of Fighters and Cerebrals.

Voror

Based on advice here, going to just save up either for the Boa sisters or longterm for third anniversary.

That said, decided to do a single pull just to get it out of my system. Got Neptune. So I'm happy. That booster ability will make it easier for me to get my level up.

EMT0

Banned
Based on advice here, going to just save up either for the Boa sisters or longterm for third anniversary.

That said, decided to do a single pull just to get it out of my system. Got Neptune. So I'm happy. That booster ability will make it easier for me to get my level up.

That's so clutch! Congratulations! Neptune's lowkey the best unit in the game. And he's also disgusting with TS Sanji + the Boa sisters too, so the synergy is flowing. This clears pretty much any FN or story mission including most 40 stamina raids, thanks to the inherent 36% HP cut + burst. Not to mention the 3.375x EXP from the two Neptunes plus the Flying Dutchman, which is (IIRC) the next ship scheduled to hit the Rayleigh shop.

Voror

That's so clutch! Congratulations! Neptune's lowkey the best unit in the game. And he's also disgusting with TS Sanji + the Boa sisters too, so the synergy is flowing. This clears pretty much any FN or story mission including most 40 stamina raids, thanks to the inherent 36% HP cut + burst. Not to mention the 3.375x EXP from the two Neptunes plus the Flying Dutchman, which is (IIRC) the next ship scheduled to hit the Rayleigh shop.

Was super surprised I lucked out there. Best not to push it though. Oh even better if he has good synergy with all of them. Looks like I'd also need Zeo to pull that off. I was just thinking about whether the exp boost would stack with double Neptune or not so that's good to know. I have a couple friends with him. Would he work out well on an Akainu captain team? Haven't really done much theorizing on that yet.

Not sure when I'd be able to afford anything in the shop. The only reliable way to get points would be trading in units I don't want from pulls, but given I'm saving that'll be a while.

RedBoot

This might actually be the first sugo I've ever skipped, unless I'm forgetting one somewhere. I've always done at least one pull. But since I'm saving for 3rd anni or Marigold/Sandersonia/Marguerite (new Boa's almost an afterthought), it's just not even worth the 5 gem participation trophy (also known as a "Chaka").

EMT0

Banned
Was super surprised I lucked out there. Best not to push it though. Oh even better if he has good synergy with all of them. Looks like I'd also need Zeo to pull that off. I was just thinking about whether the exp boost would stack with double Neptune or not so that's good to know. I have a couple friends with him. Would he work out well on an Akainu captain team? Haven't really done much theorizing on that yet.

Not sure when I'd be able to afford anything in the shop. The only reliable way to get points would be trading in units I don't want from pulls, but given I'm saving that'll be a while.

He has a place for sure due to being a STR/Powerhouse orb locker + HP cut, but usually people (me included) forget about his good special due to his captain ability, lol. Although Global OPTC suffers in that skillbooks for new batch units tend to be an easy six months from release of a unit in a batch, compared to Japan's waiting a month. But Global's taking steps to correct that by pushing out fortnights faster, since we seem to be averaging six a month at current rates instead of the previous four.

As for Rayleigh points, yep, they're tough without being a whale. Although I guess in the longterm, it won't be much of a problem due to Global stacking Legends towards the same 6 old Legends. Given time, you'll inevitably pull some dupes that'll make it easy. But shorterm, yeah, it'll be a bit rough. Though if you pull QCK Hancock, I'd certainly think long and hard about trading her in exchange for the Flying Dutchman...

I did one multi cause I have like 650 gems & need more units to feed turtles to.

new haul:

Kingdew
Viola
Sentoumaru
Maynard
Ikaros

Ikaros is a ph unit I've wanted for a long, long time specifically for Akainu shenanigans; super happy I got him.

The other guys are ... do any of them have any use at all? I guess powerhouse delayers aren't that common, so Maynard's got that going for him; but the rest seem pretty pointless.

Majukun

I did one multi cause I have like 650 gems & need more units to feed turtles to.

new haul:

Kingdew
Viola
Sentoumaru
Maynard
Ikaros

Ikaros is a ph unit I've wanted for a long, long time specifically for Akainu shenanigans; super happy I got him.

The other guys are ... do any of them have any use at all? I guess powerhouse delayers aren't that common, so Maynard's got that going for him; but the rest seem pretty pointless.

ikaros is good too for a powerhouse team

EDIT: oh yeah,dadan's fortnight arrives the 17th, ts nami,ts franky and most importantly,akainu books

MiTYH

Ignoring the skippable sugofest.... There is officially too much to do in this game.

Both new FN's this week have something to offer. Plus last week for the coloseiums ("luckily" I can't really do the 50 stamina ones). Plus Sugar's Halloween island.

Next week is Corazon's HW island (need his sockets for my legend), Dandan FN (3d2y sanji, ts nami), Kimono Robin (robin/usopp/chopper sockets, sw frank books), and coliseums (apoo! Need him for TSL, plus I think I can finally beat Moria, and the three new ones).

Just.... a hell of a lot to do. At least chopper sockets, even if bad drops, means I don't waste time doing Chopper Raid tomorrow. In fact most of them are skippable for me until Magellan or the new Young Ray

Kyou

now that we get 50 gems at the start people are able to do mass multipulls to get rates

Spoilers: They're basically exactly in line with the two leaked rates. Vista hella boosted, Neptune teeny tiny boost. Blackbeard and Akainu boosted, Lucci....well good luck

bobohoro

Was the first sugo where I actually had to force myself to do a single pull.
Got a dupe Killer.
Probably gonna ignore sugos until the Boa batch. Seems easy enough to do.

Next colo rotation doesn't have much for me. Orlumbus will probably be farmed since he's a striker, the other two will be completed once for the prices. Still need one skill-up on both Smoker and Apoo and might decide to farm Moria, although he's low priority, really.

Voror

ikaros is good too for a powerhouse team

EDIT: oh yeah,dadan's fortnight arrives the 17th, ts nami,ts franky and most importantly,akainu books

Ooh, that's good to hear, though with my luck I'll be lucky to see one let alone get it to work. Been doing the Whitebeard crew one (only the 15 given the restrictions for later ones) as they had TS Sanji and TS Chopper. Gotten a few Chopper with no luck and haven't seen TS Sanji yet.

Hana-Bi

Damn all those infos about japan... And Neko + WB6+ + Shira are getting limit breaks...

Can‘t wait for my limit broken striker team with Neko x2, Striker Law, Barto, WB6+, Log Kid.

And it seems the Boa book drop rate is as crap as ever...

NKnight7

Neo Member
I did two multi's because I feel I'm still lacking in good units and wanted to get more currency for the bazaar. Got a red poster on the first multi and it turned out to be the new Lucci! Then with the second multi the last poster was a red poster and it was Legend Marco!

Overall, I'd say the gems were well spent, and I can definitely save for the anniversary now. I'm now up to three legends; Rayleigh, Lucci, and Marco. :)

EMT0

Banned
The new coliseum is eh. Shooters are one of the last classes I plan to use outside of speedrunning Kuzan teams, but Gladius is honestly a fantastic unit that every player should (eventually) max for when the tides turn for Shooter teams and they become more relevant. If you currently rely on Shooters to clear stuff, well, congrats yo. You just got your long-awaited major Coliseum powerups between Gladius and Byrnndi World. T-Bone is eh if you own QCK Khalifa but isn't a bad unit. Just not at all exciting. Orlombus is super niche and (thus) eh. He did get a Limit Break on JP according to the latest update, so that should be interesting to see if it alters anything to make him more viable. I'll try to farm Gladius using natural stamina, the other two will be cleared for rewards and put on the backburner. As for returning coliseums, this is the third time Apoo's returned to the Coliseum and I still haven't maxed his sockets yet. It's about time I get it done, for realsies. Moria's interesting since I never bothered to clear his coliseum in the first place out of apathy, but I think he's the third most interesting thing in the Coliseum for me after Apoo sockets and Colo Gladius.

What's interesting to me is that we jumped to Colo Orlombus, from Suleiman, from Don Chinjao. Another jump like that and we could be landing on Colo Machavise, which is the unit I'm by far most interested in, with Colo Kyros, Neko, and Lucy rounding out the runner ups. Other important Coliseum units like Ideo are also likely to drop on us during any future Coliseum batch. I'd go so far as to say that outside of Colo Ideo and Hajrudin, all of the other Coliseum units that we skipped over aren't super important and the best stuff is recent and within another skip's range.

Majukun

Are FN units worth keeping around?

some are,some are not..the list is long , so you should just acquire the experience to discern them by yourself or just ask if in doubt

the general rule would be to always try at least to keep a copy of one character, you never know..for example my child nami fn is helping me a lot with the haruta fortnight,and i never thought i would ever use her

EMT0

Banned
who's ready to zombie Law forest tonight and then throw away the coffin boat forever?

Me, me, me! I think. Pretty sure I can pull it off

some are,some are not..the list is long , so you should just acquire the experience to discern them by yourself or just ask if in doubt

the general rule would be to always try at least to keep a copy of one character, you never know..for example my child nami fn is helping me a lot with the haruta fortnight,and i never thought i would ever use her

It goes something like this. If the unit is one or more of the below:

• 1.5x or higher orb/class boost/self booster
  • Orb manipulator
  • Orb locker
  • Damage reducer
  • Chain booster(FN Elizabello)
  • Zombie captain(FN QCK Brook)
  • Bind/Despair/Paralysis/Silence Reducer
  • Delayer
  • Cerebral Health Reducer
  • Nuke
  • Multi-hit dealer
  • Fixed Damage Dealer
  • Drop replicator

..and is not completely outclassed by another unit I own of the same or similar classes and type in their niche(ex. FN Jabra verrsus SW Franky, and even then it's not a 100% thing since FN Jabra's a great Neptune sub due to being PH. But on the other hand, he boosts Free Spirit orbs which is a clash. Yes, SW Franky is better in every way.)
I can't think of a unit that is an exception to these rules from any of the FNs. If it's a unit that only deals X times it's attack in damage to one enemy, it's likely trash unless their stats are super beefy(FN Arlong). Units like FN Koala when Raid Sabo exists, likewise bad. As you get to know more of what's considered good and can filter out which units have no niches, you'll quickly begin to categorize units that are worth keeping, aren't worth keeping, or have a variant that's worth socketing way over maxing out the fortnight version. As Majukun said, you can always ask us for a second opinion since a lot of us enjoy trying to think up of edge cases.

EDIT: Got X Drake's sockets done off natural stamina juuuust as the Coliseum rolled over. Feelsgoodman. Next I'll try for Suleiman's last bind socket then farm Byrnndi World as much as I can off natural stamina too.

RedBoot

And there's the Rayleigh raid announcement. Technically the Shanks guesses were still accurate since it seems like he's there too. :p I guess it'll be the FN Young Shanks and Buggy? If they have decent drop rates this could be a very profitable socket raid, but I suspect they'll be like Coby and Helmeppo in Garp's raid.

As for the colo, I'll probably farm Gladius and do T-Bone if time permits. Too lazy for Orlumbus since he's more niche. Luckily, with the rerun colos starting, I can get back around to stuff quicker. Still waiting for Colo Franky to come back...am I wrong, or has he not returned since his debut? I've got RRs to socket.

RedBoot

If I remember right they're literally like 1/1000 right?

I'm guessing 1%, if only because I'm not sure they'd use percentages lower than that on poster drops, but it could be lower. Either way, I've maxed Garp as well as running him even more for sockets and I've never seen either of them drop.

(On the other hand, I did have a single Zephyr run where Ain didn't drop, so I hit that particular lottery. Not sure what the purpose was for not making her 100%, but I'm not Bandai)

Oooh... a new forest.
I have those units and could probably make that team.
Ehhhhh... do I really want to commit to 30+ minute attempts to try to beat it?
Tomorrow, yes. Maybe I'll do this tomorrow.

My money is on Rayleigh being a STR cerebral/fighter with a 2x boost to fighters special.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Am i going crazy.... ? I just saw this new STR Mihawk Japan is getting.
He seems incredible OP...and is free ? Why ? lol

Majukun

tried a couple runs of the law forest..i'll wait for some guide..even with RR coby in the team it's not easy by any means..if anything oby is required because i really don't see how someone can beat this forest without it.

MiTYH

Boy am I glad I don't really "need" Corazon skillbooks. Drop rate has been atrocious.

Going to get my snails, and if not stamina comes my way, give the new forest a try. There's a decent guide on reddit, and I found a video for zombieing that should work fine

Hana-Bi

Lol, got killed on stage 20 of Law forest... Apparently his health cut + attack are two different things and since he cuts for 70% and then attacks you can‘t zombie that... Just wanted to speed things up and then this...

Hana-Bi

Cleared the forest with a Coby/Megalo/Raid Sabo/Mihawk/SW Usopp/Elizabello team. :)

Still farming Jimbei fn and still no Boa book drop... :(

MiTYH

I have
failed
spectacularly at the law forest a bunch of times today. Closest I got was stage 18, but I couldn't burst down Law fast enough and he healed himself. That stunk. Going to give it another go after a mental break -- since I need a good socketed Coby friend, this is my best time to find one

Majukun

witrh my akainu team i can easily reach stage 18 of law's forest,but then i'm out of specials..maybe when my akainu and coby will be skilled up it will be different

i can't zombi the forest atm because i need despair sockets to reach lv 3 anti despair, 4 on shiryu and 1 on diamante.

koryuken

Top Bottom