• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

New Ray sounds neat. As a TS Brook/ 3d2y Zoro, I probably won't be using him much, but he's definitely got some uses

Ran the new Kimono FN, only got Usopp to drop. That's a pain, don't want to run it again but I'm a collector so....

Dandan went much better. Had Secret Ace and the other two drops in the first two difficulties. Not like it matters because there are so many good books, there is where my time will be for a bit. Primary goals are finally maxing 3d2y sanji, and getting progress with TS Franky, TS Nami, and maybe Chopper (never got his skull)

Kyou

had a moment of "is Rayleigh really a general attack booster or is it a mistranslation"

As someone with Legend Zoro, 3d2y Zoro and TS Brook he has absolutely no place on my slasher team.

But that motherfucker is going on my Blackbeard team so fast it will make your head spin

new rayleigh is fucking amazing as an akainu sub.. non-matching orb shuffle and x1.75 atk boost for everyone, and he is STR too

Poor Colo Zephyr is gonna get the boot, except for when you want to use Doffy's boat. Since Ray is a 60 stamina raid, he'll get the boost from Akainu's special too, just in case you need 5 turns of 1.75x boost.

EMT0

Banned
Poor Colo Zephyr is gonna get the boot, except for when you want to use Doffy's boat. Since Ray is a 60 stamina raid, he'll get the boost from Akainu's special too, just in case you need 5 turns of 1.75x boost.

No kidding, I've yet to ever use him and with this new Ray dropping....yeah, not seeing it. But anyways. This new Rayleigh is fantastic, and might actually see a lot of play in F2P guides(especially zombie forest teams). I'm in the same boat as Kyou with my Slashers not needing him at all, but Blackbeard needed him yesterday and I'll definitely be farming the shit out of him. Double Blackbeard, QCK or INT Doflamingo, RaidRay, Kizaru, and your choice of Striker, probably 6+ Whitebeard or RR Marigold if using the Flying Dutchman.

Japan probably won't care for this Rayleigh as much as we do since they have Legend Lucy to pair with Blackbeard for mad damage, as well as the needed class boosts, but hey. 2BB4Lyfebb.

Other units that will have a hell of a good time with this unit are Invasion Shanks(double Shanks, Raid Rayleigh, Raid Momonga, 2 utility units and the Red Force is a HELL of a nice F2P Cerebral team, two turns of burst with orbs a non-issue), Inuarashi, F2P Slashers, Mihawk/PSY Law/Borsalino, and really just any Rainbow Captain. Sooo good. 10/10 shit Bandai, 10/10.

EDIT: And now I'm sad. The only time I'll have to farm him is the evening he drops, and a 2 hour break in the middle of the day. Goddamit :(

Majukun

OMG what the hell is that orlumbus stage? it's an inferno, how the hell are you supposed to beat it? you have

stage 3: while 2out of 3 choices aren't that bad,the other one is sanji that cuts your hp by 90% AND puts an anti heal debuff on you for 9 turns..so you either throw away the run every time you get sanji,or you bring marco and the new coby just for him.

stage 4: the girls around koala despair for 5 turn if they attack,and koala herself will blow away an unit if you don't kill her before the end of turn 3..she also shuffles orbs and paralyzes your captains.

stage 5: orlumbus has little less than 4 mln hp, is surrounded by high def 6 hp goons that lock for 5 turns if they atk, blows away your captain if you DARE use a class or type boost, can't be delayed, has 2 sets of nukes at 50% and 20% hp AND HE REVIVES AND SEALS YOUR ORBS WITH 562K HP

what the fuck is this shit? there's hard and there's this.

p.s. oh , and don't forget that you can try to make a shanks-able team too if you want
I've almost burst a vein in my head just thinking about it.

EMT0

Banned
Neko-

stage 5: orlumbus has little less than 4 mln hp, is surrounded by high def 6 hp goons that lock for 5 turns if they atk, blows away your captain if you DARE use a class or type boost, can't be delayed, has 2 sets of nukes at 50% and 20% hp AND HE REVIVES AND SEALS YOUR ORBS WITH 562K HP

358f1c2de4a99aa5156dd2f8e99be854.gif

Coliseum Orlumbus can go eat a dick. Akainu is out of the question since I don't have WB or Barto. Fuji doesn't work because mini-boss Sanji rains on his parade. I might have a shot with LL but if you run into mini-boss Luffy, things can get a bit fucky since he paralyzes half your team every turn. Not only that you need 6*+ Sabo and having to activate his 2nd turn special gives you zero room for error if you don't want to fail your run.

Inuarashi and TS Luffy teams seem like the only reliable way to beat him. I already have V2 Law so I might just say fuck it and attempt to farm him when he comes back around and I have newer units. He might legit be the most difficult piece of content global has ever seen.

TheShah

Damn, the colo rotation is thoroughly pushing my shit in. Triple dex barrier on zoro plus silencing friend captain for 55 turns (so no blackbeard help for me) is fucking brutal. I have 7 legends and Log Luffy seems has been the only useful one for this batch.

Also looks like I'm not getting the skull for 6+ Rayleigh cause no fucking way I can make a team that can beat Gladius or Orlumbus and Shanks.

Majukun

now that i think about it...rauid magellan might be take care of orlumbus by himself...the goons die from the poison and orlumbus falls for the poison too several turns later..but you have to resist a lot of attacks before it works though...maybe i'll try something with it later

EDIT: scrap that..it's 7 attacks + 1 nuke..nothing that can be survived without a barto captain + shirahoshi or with a complete healer like marco..but if you meet sanji you have to use marco there so it's not consistent

MiTYH

Oh wow, another 9 guarenteed sugo for Magellean. Hard pass for me, saving gems for the Admiral Event, if the rewards are good. At the very least I have Neko who appears to be "helpful" for the event, so 1/3 ain't bad.

Colo time, man some stages look tough. Starting at the bottom and we'll see what I can actually beat

I'm also really pushing box limit. Special up is what, tomorrow night? Gonna be rough with (hopeful) Ray farming

EDIT: It's... been a while since Ben Beckmen came back in coliseum. Is this his first reappearance? I apparently couldnt beat any of his stages before in Chaos... but now I'm breezing through. Gives me hope for the future for other events/stages

I kinda hate that they're going to throw Neo Sabo at us already. Shooters should be fine for most people. Cerebral can be done with a F2P team using Invasion Shanks and an Inuarashi FC. The only problem with that is that Inuarashi is probably the rarest legend on Global thanks to Bandai's rigged pull rates. How many Inu FCs I have could be anyone's guess.

Now fighters could be a shit show again. We don't have G4 or Sanji yet and unless you go the P2W route to pull Bon Clay, you won't have an orb booster to work with. I'm not sure Jimbe will have the damage output otherwise. Free spirit fighters could be an option with Wicca as an affinity boosfer and Koala, Ivankov, raid Sabo, story Franky, or Foxy but orb manipulation could be a problem.

MiTYH

I kinda hate that they're going to throw Neo Sabo at us already. Shooters should be fine for most people. Cerebral can be done with a F2P team using Invasion Shanks and an Inuarashi FC. The only problem with that is that Inuarashi is probably the rarest legend on Global thanks to Bandai's rigged pull rates. How many Inu FCs I have could be anyone's guess.

Now fighters could be a shit show again. We don't have G4 or Sanji yet and unless you go the P2W route to pull Bon Clay, you won't have an orb booster to work with. I'm not sure Jimbe will have the damage output otherwise. Free spirit fighters could be an option with Wicca as an affinity boosfer and Koala, Ivankov, raid Sabo, story Franky, or Foxy but orb manipulation could be a problem.

Ew, are those the three restricted classes? Fml even when I win with my recent legends, I lose on these. Shooters are my worst by far, followed by cerebral. Fighter I have a chance at, but oops, we're missing actual good units for it, so, probably not.

It'll be interesting to see what changes they make like they did for neoMihawk or doffy, one of them got a change

Kyou

Sigh. Sugos didn't always used to be this bad right? This isn't just rose tinted glasses?

Like the rates were bad, but they feel so transparently shifty now

EMT0

Banned
Sigh. Sugos didn't always used to be this bad right? This isn't just rose tinted glasses?

It's probably better this way. Now we know when we're getting screwed over and avoid the worst of it. I'm gonna hold strong until the Amazon Lily batch easy at this rate, pull for the Boa sisters then put my gacha pulls on ice. Magellan's batch was going to be an easy skip no matter what so this just makes it even easier. Anyways on the new Vinsmoke batch, ehhh. We knew it was coming, but I loathe all of the Vinsmokes except for Reiju. Legend Judge is eww. I'd have rather had anybody else as a Legend but again, it was likely unavoidable.

MiTYH

The best thing that came out of these bad rates and sudden new sugo batches is holding into gems, yes, but also units. Every batch that goes by without me pulling just raises the chances of a new unit on the anniversary.

And yes, I'm confident we'll get something for the anniversary. It may not be guaranteed G4 but... it'll be something worth spending gems on

EDIT: Goddamn, high Special Sabo is KILLING me for these new coliseum stuff. He's the missing link in most of the teams I need and I just can't afford to stall that long. At least with NeoSabo it'll be faster but... still, it's disappointing. Guess I'm skipping most of these and focusing on Dandan this weekend...

Majukun

I think I might have found my anti colo orlumbus team but I need a friend inuarashi and I have none.. Anyone has one and can put it as a capt?

bobohoro

Magellan is a cool character and nice legend.
Still, no way I'll pull. Need the Boa sisters or some really nice RR-boosts in there.

Making my way through coli right now. Stages 1-4 for Orlumbus were easy enough, but no way I can do that silly boss stage reliably. Stages 1-4 for Gladius were also not that bad and I should be able to get a Neko/Law team for both him and Shanks ready down the line. Might be worth it to get a few skill-ups on TS Nami first though.

T-Bone Zoro was the first pre-stage throwing me for a loop. He seemed annoying, so I wanted to take the easy way and double Shiryu him...captain special bind for 55 turns, kinda glanced over that detail huh?

koryuken

I have 109 gems saved, haven't purchased anything since Neko sugo. Going to be waiting for anniversary or till they post rates.

RedBoot

Got a skull drop, but it's another red, of course. Hey Bandai, maybe do a 5 for 1 exchange thing? Please? :p

Gladius can be Shiryu'd fairly easily, but the one special per turn limit would make it too annoyingly slow to really do. T-Bone's really not Shiryu-able, and I'm not sure I even want to try Orlumbus after what everyone is saying...might end up farming Smoker for RR Smoker sockets and Shanks/Skull chances.

Kyou

T-Bone's really not Shiryu-able,

first try, went in blind with double shiryu. Panic used both Shiryu to kill Garp so I wouldn't die, then managed to stall out T-Bone until both specials were up again. Killed him with the first shiryu, he revived(Me: Whelp I'm dead), then the first shot with the second Shiryu killed him.

Will never be able to replicate that but it felt good

edit: And Rayleigh down first try with Shiryu. Doesn't seem too bad.

He uses the invasion stage though
WsVdlFh.gif

RedBoot

edit: And Rayleigh down first try with Shiryu. Doesn't seem too bad.

He uses the invasion stage though
WsVdlFh.gif

No story scenes either. Low effort for Global. :p

Apparently has around 3.4 million HP, which isn't super high for a 60stam, but he hits like a truck and will negate any delays. Swaps orbs to STR and INT, though I don't know if there's a set pattern or not. There's probably a Marco team that'll work, though it'd be nice if I had Capone or Doma.

EMT0

Banned
Neko squad reporting:
wnyXJp4.png

Rayleigh is super easy with double Neko plus QCK Law. You can replace Log Kid with any other Striker booster, but I don't think you can get around the need for QCK Law(easily, anyways). It should be easily doable with Sandersonia + Marigold, Perona, and FN Kaku but we don't have the RR Boa Sisters on Global yet. This almost F2P Neko team should be able to beat it, but I don't have QCK Squard to test it out. Japan's actually really well-geared to clear this raid with Neko since they have QCK Barto to nuke the fodder plus reduce Rayleigh's defense, the Boa sisters to just faceroll everything, 6+ Aokiji to nuke the fodder plus give you a chain lock, and god help me, Colo Orlombus would actually be pretty good here too. We may have him, but nobody has him maxed yet soooooo *shrug*

Kyou

turns out this raid is just kinda annoying, not hard. Not gonna have a lot of time to farm it either.

Btw, don't kill Buggy. He makes perfects easier to hit for 99 turns if you let him live.

So glad I farmed for the Sphinx instead of dumping his skill books, makes running Akainu against Rayleigh pretty reliable. Too bad I've gone 2 for 21 when I fed my copies.

I did manage to quad max my Akainu off of 3 books. Granted I needed only 1 skill up but it still counts. Skill maxed my TS Sanji too.

Hana-Bi

Ray is easy with Neko. But my skill ups weren’t that great and of course I only got two skill ups out of 20 TS Nami books...

bobohoro

Zero skill-ups on the important units, but it all is offset by going 4/5 on story Moria.
Not really.

Probably not farming Raidleigh all that much, since I don't have a legend that would benefit greatly from him (BB, Akainu, Luffy) and own/maxed most of the specific class boosters.

Team should be:
Neko/Neko
Aokiji/Leo
Zeo/FN Lola

TheShah

Double Marco, Raid kizaru, Enel, colo Vista, ts chopper is my team for raidleigh. Use friend Marco to stall and help kill shanks. You can replace ts chopper with helmeppo. Ark maxim ship is helpful in clearing out the mob in the final stage.

MiTYH

Gonna play around with some Ray teams. I doubt I can do 60 reliably but 40 should be good. I don't need Ray as much, so I'll be happy with one or two drops today, then probably going back to ColoApoo

That being said, this was an AMAZING skillup.

Corazon 2/8. Still not maxed, but much closer.
Ts Sanji 5 (max)/18
Colo Apoo 5/11 still a bit to go and need lots of sockets
Usopp+ 5 (max)/15 with 9 books left
RR Coby 5/12
Ts QCK chopper 6 (max)/24
3d2y Sanji 3/5 max FINALLY
Psy Urogue 4/10 max with 4 books left
Story Moria 6/15 max
Fn Kingdew 4/12
Str Story Lucci 2/2
Dogura 2/3
Kimono Jimbei
FN Young Ace
Kimono Buggy 0/4
Ts Franky 0/3
Dandan 0/7

EDIT: Took 4 40-stamina runs, but I got Ray to drop. Mostly wanted one copy just for friend-searching capabilities. He's not usable as he is, really, but it's nice to have one copy. Also, Neko team destroyed him easily on 40. If i had the right units I would have gone 60-stamina, but alas, I do not. In time though, I'm certainl he'll come back, and I really don't have that much of a use for him right now

EDIT2: And I got a stamina snail! All is forgiven

Majukun

the rayleight raid really looks like something that will only coem out on global..no cutscene whatsoever and the stage seems recicled from invasions

Kyou

unexpectedly great luck on my skill ups. Maxed Corazon in 10 books with leftovers somehow. Which is... cool? I guess?????

the rayleight raid really looks like something that will only coem out on global..no cutscene whatsoever and the stage seems recicled from invasions

also his number is 5000+, while other 'first to _____' characters like Law and Boa had normal numbers

MiTYH

Request- Can someone with Legend Ray put him up as your captain? I think, I THINK I finally have a team that can be Aokiji forest. Really need his bike for my Neko team with the Admiral event coming up.

EDIT: Or RaidSabo, I think can work

Heng

So I've decided to pick this game back up after a year and man does it feel overwhelming... Back when I decided to stop playing, there was very little to do but now there's like 5 active fortnights up... And new mechanics such as super evolve and abilities some units have to buff your other units when they're not captain. There's so many 6 star characters now too... I wonder if all the legends I have are obsolete by now.

Where do I get the super evolve skulls? I have 2 legends who are capable of super evolve but I don't have the skulls to evolve them. Should I evolve Rayleigh first or Whitebeard? Will Log Luffy and the other legends get a super evolve as well?

Majukun

So I've decided to pick this game back up after a year and man does it feel overwhelming... Back when I decided to stop playing, there was very little to do but now there's like 5 active fortnights up... And new mechanics such as super evolve and abilities some units have to buff your other units when they're not captain. There's so many 6 star characters now too... I wonder if all the legends I have are obsolete by now.

Where do I get the super evolve skulls? I have 2 legends who are capable of super evolve but I don't have the skulls to evolve them. Should I evolve Rayleigh first or Whitebeard? Will Log Luffy and the other legends get a super evolve as well?
You get them as rare drops from invasions,which are chance based raids that happen after a normal raid or a colosseum stage and you have to complete them with the same team you completed the normal content with

Or you can just pay 10k in ray points at the shop and pick it up.

By the way whiteboard 6+ is really good...ray is a bit lacklustre

bobohoro

Welcome back!

Super evolution for legends works with a skull, which is dropped by Invasions. Invasions are special raids that have a chance to show up after a normal raid or colosseum. Currently you could go for Invasion Shanks, who might show up after defeating a chaos colo boss.
Invasions are tough and you can't use a gem to continue. Skulls have a low drop rate and getting the one you want is suspect to RNG, so yeah...have fun?
Alternatively you can buy one in the bazaar for 10k Ray Shop Points.

Whitebeard is still amazing and his super evolution is both a high percentage clearing captain and an amazing sub for maaaaaany teams. Ray is still a decent captain with high clear rate due to pairing well with most other legends, but his super evolution is a bit underwhelming and his most prominent use is to help G-4 Luffy negate his bind status after using a special.

Kyou

Request- Can someone with Legend Ray put him up as your captain? I think, I THINK I finally have a team that can be Aokiji forest. Really need his bike for my Neko team with the Admiral event coming up.

EDIT: Or RaidSabo, I think can work
I put my Rayleigh up, hope it helps!

also it'd be nice to get ONE freaking skill up on Raidleigh

Heng

You get them as rare drops from invasions,which are chance based raids that happen after a normal raid or a colosseum stage and you have to complete them with the same team you completed the normal content with

Or you can just pay 10k in ray points at the shop and pick it up.

By the way whiteboard 6+ is really good...ray is a bit lacklustre
Welcome back!

Super evolution for legends works with a skull, which is dropped by Invasions. Invasions are special raids that have a chance to show up after a normal raid or colosseum. Currently you could go for Invasion Shanks, who might show up after defeating a chaos colo boss.
Invasions are tough and you can't use a gem to continue. Skulls have a low drop rate and getting the one you want is suspect to RNG, so yeah...have fun?
Alternatively you can buy one in the bazaar for 10k Ray Shop Points.

Whitebeard is still amazing and his super evolution is both a high percentage clearing captain and an amazing sub for maaaaaany teams. Ray is still a decent captain with high clear rate due to pairing well with most other legends, but his super evolution is a bit underwhelming and his most prominent use is to help G-4 Luffy negate his bind status after using a special.
Thanks! I guess I'll wait til an easy raid pops up and try the invasion with a better team. Really nice to hear about Whitebeard though, he was my first legend and I wasn't too thrilled that I got him. It looks like his skill up won't transfer over when I super evolve him since the special's name is different? Sucks to hear and I've also neglected giving him enough atk and how candy...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks! I guess I'll wait til an easy raid pops up and try the invasion with a better team. Really nice to hear about Whitebeard though, he was my first legend and I wasn't too thrilled that I got him. It looks like his skill up won't transfer over when I super evolve him since the special's name is different? Sucks to hear and I've also neglected giving him enough atk and how candy...

Welcome back man,

dont worry..your WB will stay max skilled after you evolve him.

bobohoro

Man, those sockets... Still no despair sockets after now over 25 copies...

Sucks :/

Raidleigh at CD of 26, got my first 0/5, which means I'm done. Got 18 copies, so not too bad, although far from good. But the only real use I'd have for him right now would be for something like Corazon + Akainu FC teams, so I'm not that troubled by it. He'll be one of those longterm projects.

Top Bottom