• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Season 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

Has Madhouse ever done Bones 'Gecco' material/endings?

Then again, after watching Black Lagoon Nana and, not waiting for years for more seasons is nice.

sonicmj1

Assuming that the same creative staff are on board, I hope Shingo Natsume rises to the challenge that Yuzuru Tachikawa and Bones posed with their stellar Mob Psycho 100 adaptation.

Moaradin

Assuming that the same creative staff are on board, I hope Shingo Natsume rises to the challenge that Yuzuru Tachikawa and Bones posed with their stellar Mob Psycho 100 adaptation.

Didn't the director of Mob Psycho 100 said they set out to top OPM? Would be cool if they got a little rivalry going on.

ONE must be so happy that both of his works are getting such good adaptions lol

It's hard to do much with the more traditional animation artstyle of One Punch Man than with the more abstract/rough artstyle of MP100. But I guess they could overcome it with insane battles and in their own way.

kewlmyc

Haha you guys where do adamant on there not being a season 2

Most people were saying that if there was a season 2, it wouldn't be for a while due to the pace Murata's version is going and there not being enough material to end a second season at a satisfactory conclusion point, which still holds true.

I wonder if Murata's going to up the pacing in the manga soon or if the anime is going to go past the current remake manga point.

BBboy20

Didn't the director of Mob Psycho 100 said they set out to top OPM? Would be cool if they got a little rivalry going on.

ONE must be so happy that both of his works are getting such good adaptions lol
ONE must be feeling good that he's the hottest exporter of Japanese entertainment right now with OPM being the most popular anime in the world and 100 having such critical praise.

Most people were saying that if there was a season 2, it wouldn't be for a while due to the pace Murata's version is going and there not being enough material to end a second season at a satisfactory conclusion point, which still holds true.

I wonder if Murata's going to up the pacing in the manga soon or if the anime is going to go past the current remake manga point.

Yeah. They could always get him to draw out concept for characters, locations and any creatures based off his artstyle though. Especially if he wants to focus on whatever manga he recently announced.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
3DpRBt8.gif

This better gets a season 2 too.

erm, how? Murata is moving slower then ever so unless they are going to copy his style or be interesting and just ONE it like MP100 then...Murata meanders about so goddamn much its infuriating. I don't think anything has happened in an entire year, and the Garou arc has been sidelined for a goddamn tournament. Murata doesn't know what he is doing.

Wow, I didn't think there was enough re-drawn to get into another season, but I'm not surprised given the popularity... I wonder if they put in more filler

Hypron

Honestly didn't even think there was enough material for a second season.

Interesting.

In terms of chapters there's enough I think. Saitama vs Boros finishes on chapter 37 and we're on chapter 67 now. The current arc won't finish unless they go past where Murata is at, but it might be a bit hard to fit everything in a 12 episode season anyway.

Permanently A

I like them both but I greatly prefer the characters and setting of One Punch Man.

Also, it's not like either of them have incredibly deep or intricate tales. They're both equally superficial, but at least OPM attempts to address the depression and numbness that the protagonists of both shows display.

I feel the opposite, Mob Psycho does a much better job exploring its small group of characters whereas OPM is more about world building and has a much larger ensemble cast.

There's more than enough if they adapt ONE's manga and ignore Murata's boring-as-hell-filler.

erm, how? Murata is moving slower then ever so unless they are going to copy his style or be interesting and just ONE it like MP100 then...Murata meanders about so goddamn much its infuriating. I don't think anything has happened in an entire year, and the Garou arc has been sidelined for a goddamn tournament. Murata doesn't know what he is doing.

Uh..You guys do know that ONE is still the one writing Murata's version, right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope they're adapting ONE's original version but with Murata's art. The Murata version is too long and meandering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom