• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos |OT| Girls, Garters and Gory

Sir TapTap

I'm not the one to ask -- far as I know, it's just the way this sort of thing is done! I think it has something to do with keeping the game in the news and on the PSN front page a little longer, maybe? I dunno.

Either way, I passed your feedback along to the rest of the company at yesterday's game meeting, as you brought up some good points. I suggested we re-evaluate this DLC release strategy for future titles, and it sounded like we probably will. Not saying we definitely won't release DLC for other games like this, but we'll at least do a bit more due diligence in questioning the approach before simply settling on it.

-Tom

Great news. I'd love to see the already-released DLC day one (especially the free stuff!) because honestly very very rarely have I gone back to a game for DLC especially cosmetic/minor stuff, that I especially want day one.

Borderlands and Driveclub are the only ones to get me to keep coming back so far. But I've bought cosmetic and character DLC for Neptunia day 1 and would have preferred to do that for Disgaea as well but NISA also dripfeeds

SephLuis

Great news. I'd love to see the already-released DLC day one (especially the free stuff!) because honestly very very rarely have I gone back to a game for DLC especially cosmetic/minor stuff, that I especially want day one.

Borderlands and Driveclub are the only ones to get me to keep coming back so far. But I've bought cosmetic and character DLC for Neptunia day 1 and would have preferred to do that for Disgaea as well but NISA also dripfeeds

I also agree with this. Cosmetic stuff won't bring players back. I think for me the only DLC that made me comeback for a game was one with story or huge updates to a game such s Street Fighter and Splatoon.

Well, I finished the game a few days ago and I liked more than I thought that I would. It clearly deserves a increase in budget.

antitrop

67% to the Platinum Trophy in one day, I think I'm gonna go for it. Only difficult one looks like 50 bosses defeated without taking damage.

I like hacking and slashing and this game has a lot of hacking and slashing. Good stuff.

Aske

67% to the Platinum Trophy in one day, I think I'm gonna go for it. Only difficult one looks like 50 bosses defeated without taking damage.

I like hacking and slashing and this game has a lot of hacking and slashing. Good stuff.

Don't forget punching and kicking! So satisfying. And for the 50 bosses thing, you'll unlock an item to make that much easier after completing Berzerk difficulty.

I'm deliberately playing this slowly to draw it out. One of those games I'd expected to be good, but was blown away by how much fun it is.

Demoskinos

Don't forget punching and kicking! So satisfying. And for the 50 bosses thing, you'll unlock an item to make that much easier after completing Berzerk difficulty.

I'm deliberately playing this slowly to draw it out. One of those games I'd expected to be good, but was blown away by how much fun it is.

Heh. Kinda wish I had paced myself now. Cause yeah it is great.

Cosmetics won't bring players back, but making the game look nicer and fixing some camera tracking would make the game more enjoyable. The cool and sexy factor would be a bit better.

Game is great though

Demoskinos

I am having a lot of fun with this game. Is the Z1 import also worth checking out?

So Onechanbara Z:Kagura is a Xbox 360 game they re-released it for PS3 under the title Onechanbara Z: Kagura with NoNoNo! added NoNoNo from the Idol game Dream Club Zero.

As far as I can tell a lot of the content in Onechanbara Z:Kagura is largely the same content wise (lot of maps that they re-used in Z2 chaos) but different story.

ShinMaruku

So Onechanbara Z:Kagura is a Xbox 360 game they re-released it for PS3 under the title Onechanbara Z: Kagura with NoNoNo! added NoNoNo from the Idol game Dream Club Zero.

As far as I can tell a lot of the content in Onechanbara Z:Kagura is largely the same content wise (lot of maps that they re-used in Z2 chaos) but different story.

You got it. Some moves are different too.

antitrop

I got up to a 2700 hit combo and it stopped giving me points completely. :(

Anyway, 78% Trophy completion, that Plat will be mine!

Demoskinos

I got up to a 2700 hit combo and it stopped giving me points completely. :(

Anyway, 78% Trophy completion, that Plat will be mine!
Points drop off rapidly around 1,200 or so. Its honestly in your best interest to not really go above 1000 and let the combo meter reset if you're going for score.

ShinMaruku

I always lets combos reset. However I reset them with enemy explosions so I get points for dismemberment and what not.

jediyoshi

7YfIOqy.gif

DarkOneX

Thinking of buying the pack but there aren't pics of some of the stuff like the Jet Spanglette what is that? Any pics of these things anywhere?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if certain costumes/skins were considered too "racy" to be shown on PSN, hence why there's no preview of the Banana & Strawberry outfit DLC.

DarkOneX

I wonder if certain costumes/skins were considered too "racy" to be shown on PSN, hence why there's no preview of the Banana & Strawberry outfit DLC.

Ya maybe, screw it, buying it :p

edit - yep that's likely it, I can see why after buying lol

Demoskinos

Yup thats exactly it. If you wanna see the swimsuits they are the ones they are wearing in the cut-scene for I think the LA opening.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't even find pics via Google for certain DLC outfits. & I don't know if Xseed would tweet about it/show pics on their Twitter like they did with some of the SK: SV DLC.

Might have to rely on you guys.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I hope xseed puts out some pictures, it's weird how it's assumed that we know what these look like.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I think it's clear that the Amazonic outfit is meant to look like me if I worked for Amazon!!!

& the stupidest joke of the year goes to...

Ogawa-san

For some violent games on PSN you have to go through the age verification thing to see videos or screenshots, but you can't have a racy bikini there in any way. It's silly.

Demoskinos

I can't even find pics via Google for certain DLC outfits. & I don't know if Xseed would tweet about it/show pics on their Twitter like they did with some of the SK: SV DLC.

Might have to rely on you guys.

Like I said. They are wearing them in the beginning of the LA level in the opening cut-scene.

Hubb

Very NSFW - Pictures of the DLC costumes.

Seems like they are going to release the DLC in the same order as the JPN version. That's too bad, the only piece of DLC I would have bought is going to come out long after I have beaten the game to death.

DarkOneX

Very NSFW - Pictures of the DLC costumes.

Seems like they are going to release the DLC in the same order as the JPN version. That's too bad, the only piece of DLC I would have bought is going to come out long after I have beaten the game to death.

How many DLC packs came out in Japan and which DLC were you looking at buying?

Hubb

I have no idea how many packs there are total, looking up how much is on the JPN PSN I am guessing at least 3. It was confirmed here that they will release them every other week and I should be thoroughly through this game in the next two weeks.

As for the DLC I wanted
Bunny Girl Outfit

Question: can all characters wear all costumes/hairstyles/etc?

Of the DLC released today, it is my understanding that they can all wear the costumes but the hairstyles are only for the character shown. I have no idea if future DLC will be different or not.

Aske

Thanks for the info. And I feel your pain - I wanted the Ninja outfit. I guess I can give them all blonde hair and pretend they're in that cult from Regular Show...

Baust

Do we know whether or not we're getting the Pale Wing costume from EDF in some form?

I think it was a preorder bonus for the game in Japan.

Hubb

More DLC is coming, every 2 weeks. I'm not sure how many more batches there are, but there is still a good chunk of DLC not released.

ShinMaruku

DLC packs came out in 3 waves as was done in febuary

Question: can all characters wear all costumes/hairstyles/etc?
All outfits, yes some hair styles are exclusive

I'm guessing two more packs at most.

Could be 1 more depending how they parcel out the next few dlcs.

Look to TGS to see if they do anything else. That would be a good time for them to have something else out. I expect a dual pack of a remaster of the ps3 games with this one could be in the cards. Hell I expect it if this breaks 200k in the US and has modest dlc sales.

Sir TapTap

Look to TGS to see if they do anything else. That would be a good time for them to have something else out. I expect a dual pack of a remaster of the ps3 games with this one could be in the cards. Hell I expect it if this breaks 200k in the US and has modest dlc sales.

Are the other games worth playing? Until this game I heard mostly bad things about this series gameplay included.

Finally published my video. It's nothing special if you've already played the game.

Aske

Other games I am talking about I Kagura and the remix. That is the base that Z 2 Chaos is built on. A remaster with some clean ups form Z2 would be great.

Yep, I'd totally play that. I've watched some videos, and I know there's a lot of recycled stuff in Z2 though. Perhaps Tamsoft feels that Z2 is the game they always wanted Kagura to be, and now they're looking forward? Regardless, the next game will be amazing if they maintain their current trajectory.

Anyone who hasn't played Z2 in Japanese yet needs to give it a whirl. Kagura's Engrish is priceless.

I picked up the DLC bundle. The swimsuits are all great - fun to mix and match them, and each has an alt colour. The designs are all far superior to the swimsuit unlocked by beating the game on Normal. Saya's default outfit gets an alt colour that differs only slightly from the original, but the red dress alt for Saki's costume is pretty striking. Overall a good buy to augment the somewhat poor selection of alternative costumes in the base game.

For some violent games on PSN you have to go through the age verification thing to see videos or screenshots, but you can't have a racy bikini there in any way. It's silly.

Yeah, it's moronic. Sexiness is bad and detrimental, but violence and gore is OK. Guy at Gamestop said they had to hide the display box and keep the game behind the counter because a customer was apparently offended by it and had complaints. The US cover is actually censored also lol.

ShinMaruku

Yep, I'd totally play that. I've watched some videos, and I know there's a lot of recycled stuff in Z2 though. Perhaps Tamsoft feels that Z2 is the game they always wanted Kagura to be, and now they're looking forward? Regardless, the next game will be amazing if they maintain their current trajectory.

Anyone who hasn't played Z2 in Japanese yet needs to give it a whirl. Kagura's Engrish is priceless.

I picked up the DLC bundle. The swimsuits are all great - fun to mix and match them, and each has an alt colour. The designs are all far superior to the swimsuit unlocked by beating the game on Normal. Saya's default outfit gets an alt colour that differs only slightly from the original, but the red dress alt for Saki's costume is pretty striking. Overall a good buy to augment the somewhat poor selection of alternative costumes in the base game.
Yup if they keep slowly ranking up their skill and budget of the game at the rate they are the next few games should be great. I just wonder if it's tied with the inevitable Kagura movie.....

Hubb

I'm getting close to where I'd consider myself done with the game (finishing everything but the no damage on 50 bosses trophy, and all missions rank V - not that interested in grinding it out), and I wish there was more stuff to unlock in the game. I haven't picked up any DLC and I don't see myself picking up at this point either. I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy mixing and matching the different attachments the game has to offer, I just wish there were more.

I understand this is a very niche game, for a very niche audience, and has a budget to match it. I am just underwhelmed by the costume options unlocked in the game. I'd love to see more individual pieces, or being able to take the top of one outfit and pair it with the bottom of another, changing footwear, ect.

Aske

What is the new "Rider Belt" DLC look like that was released on PSN today? The icon is a generic picture.

Just a belt. Not sure why it doesn't get a picture.

I essentially bought this bundle to support the game. Liking Aya, Saki, and Saaya's new alt hair styles; but no interest in the accessories, and the bunny girl costume's not my thing. Crossing my fingers for the ninja costume in two weeks. Should be able to distract myself with other stuff so I'm still playing this when it drops.

Still absolutely loving the game. Just picking my way through it; Violent and Berserk runs and Violent Missions to do, plus the no damage trophies and V rank missions.

Ban Puncher

I picked this up last week and ever since I first played it I cannot sync my trophies with PSN without getting an error (NP-32136--5). OZ2C trophies will pop in game but there is no record of the game in my trophy list at all and no way to view them. Also, following the store icon in game takes you to a blank page in the PSN Store.

Today was the 'official' release of the game in Australia so I tried syncing and checking the shop in cause this had been rectified. No dice.

Other game's trophies will sync and update but I still get the error and Onechanbara still doesn't appear.

I picked this up last week and ever since I first played it I cannot sync my trophies with PSN without getting an error (NP-32136--5). OZ2C trophies will pop in game but there is no record of the game in my trophy list at all and no way to view them. Also, following the store icon in game takes you to a blank page in the PSN Store.

Today was the 'official' release of the game in Australia so I tried syncing and checking the shop in cause this had been rectified. No dice.

Deception IV The Nightmare Princess had this issue too when it was released. It took a week or two after the official release date for it to be fixed.

Ban Puncher

Onechanbara is now listed on the Australian PSN Store where you can buy the game (no DLC though). Trophies still do not sync or display in menus but you are now able to check the screenshots the PS4 automatically takes when you unlocked a trophy.

Top Bottom