• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos |OT| Girls, Garters and Gory

Played maybe 2 or 3 hours, I'm really liking it, lots of fun systems,surprisingly deep combo system with tons of unlock able combos, its fast, colorful and 60FPS is always nice. I enjoy how self aware it is and I could see my self putting in a lot of time pre Phantom Pain. I really have to look at why people don't like it because I'm not seeing it.

Hey, does anyone know if there is an unlockables list?
How do I unlock the body paint costumes (I'm missing some costumes) ?

The banana costumes are DLC, right?

thundr51

I bought the JPN version when it was released(first ps4 game) and forgot it had been released stateside. Any differences between them? Tempted to double dip if only to be able to understand the missions and buy dlc.

ShinMaruku

I bought the JPN version when it was released(first ps4 game) and forgot it had been released stateside. Any differences between them? Tempted to double dip if only to be able to understand the missions and buy dlc.

The same outside of text.

So, this game or Dragon Quest heroes?

I like Bayonetta, DmC (old and new), Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer is dead, Hyrule Warriors, etc.

I want a highly replayable game with a good fighting system (so performance has to be good). I don't care about story or visuals. I also don't like frustrating difficulty settings.

Aske

I'm almost certain you will love this game. I'm still playing it. If not for Until Dawn and maybe Fallout 4, Onechanbara would be my favourite game of 2015.

I'm almost certain you will love this game. I'm still playing it. If not for Until Dawn and maybe Fallout 4, Onechanbara would be my favourite game of 2015.

So, is there a reason to come back to this game after finishing the (short) story mode? More unlockables or just trophies?

Aske

Unlockable artwork, costumes, upgrades (more powerful weapons, rings that confer different abilities, and skills), and missions in the mission mode.

Combat is like an oversimplified Devil May Cry or Bayonetta: incredibly slick and satisfying, but not especially deep due to the shallow enemy design. It's kind of the feel of a Warriors game, but with a deeper, slicker, character action combat system.

Nice! :)

Eh...wow, I totally forgot about Transformers Devastation. Well, now I'm torn between these games. I don't like Transformers but I love Platinum Games..

IbukiLordSA

Transformers Devastation is the better game but I had and till have a ton of fun with Onechanbara, it's just a really fun game.

IbukiLordSA

There is a practice mode but rather just play through the game and buy the skills you need, it's really not hard to get to grips with, if you have finished a DMC game then this is a cake walk.

There is a practice mode but rather just play through the game and buy the skills you need, it's really not hard to get to grips with, if you have finished a DMC game then this is a cake walk.

Thanks! :)

Man, this game is really fun to play. Feels like DMC or Bayonetta without the adventure sections (only arena fights). Visuals are pretty mediocre/ bad except for the characters and some of the enemies but I don't care. You won't have much time to "enjoy" them.
I'm liking this game more than Bayonetta 2 right now (I hated the many 1 vs 1 fights).
The camera is pretty annoying though.

Aske

Right? It's just so fun! Videogame-ass videogame. Once you get used to the Chase mechanic (hold jump to fly into the targeted enemy) you'll find the camera easentially goes where you need it to.

The lady friend rented this because she loves anything that lets you earn cosmetic stuff for doing challenges. After she showed me you could stick a piece of toast in a girls mouth as an accessory, I decided to try it. As much as this seems like a low budget musou clone, I really find the combat more satisfying than that. It's nothing I'd write home about, but it's fun enough and better than a lot of stuff I've played this year.

Also, best disc art of any game in years :p

ShinMaruku

The progression of the titles from Kagura to here is really encouraging. If they could get an actual budget and a great manager this game could take the next stage.

Started digging into this over the past couple days, and really enjoying the game as expected. Actually looks pretty nice in motion with all the colorful effects and other eye candy...ahem.

I did indeed support it at launch as I said I would but waited until Christmas to play it with a gift PS4 Uncharted bundle (Uncharted is quality stuff all around). Taking a little to get used to the new mechanics compared to the 360 game. Favorite character is pretty much Saaya with that ripping chainsaw. And nice to hear that English dub work as well.

Hubb

Any info on the sales of the game? Curious to know how it performed.

Just going off of PSN reviews/Amazon it looks like it did the same or a little better than other games it lines up too (senran, ect.). It looks like Tom on Xseed's forum they said they'd be down to do another if the opportunity arises so I imagine it didn't bomb.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just going off of PSN reviews/Amazon it looks like it did the same or a little better than other games it lines up too (senran, ect.). It looks like Tom on Xseed's forum they said they'd be down to do another if the opportunity arises so I imagine it didn't bomb.

Thanks a bunch. Hope we get a sequel. The improvements the series have gotten over are really nice and seeing how more polish they could put into it and what other ideas implement its something I would like to see.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was hoping to get this for $20 during the holidays, but while waiting for Amazon to give me credit for a game I traded in, it went back up to around $40 & now it's hard to even find a copy for around $30. Even more annoying when the price went back up well before the date of when the deal was suppose to end.

Also, for some reason, some places are selling it for $50 instead of the normal $40. If Best Buy had it for $40 instead of $50, would've done the GCU & gotten it for $32.

ShinMaruku

I'll try to look where I saw those murmurings, they have to do a Kagura movie too. But don't worry about them making a new one, Tamsoft has plans for a new one most certainly. The Kagura line did well.

How do the special tag combos work? The loading screen tip says to switch out on the last hit of an S-string, but nothing seems to happen.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Holy shit I didn't expect the game to be this much fun!

Character switching mid-combo and on the fly?! WTF! This is so dope.

Nice to see more people enjoying it. If people actually overlook the outfits the core combat is actually damn great. There is of course room for improvements on the game on different things but the core combat is super smooth.

Top Bottom