• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus 5T Smartphone Now Available (6.0 Inch Screen, 6/8GB RAM, 64GB/128 Storage)

Anyone that bought one care to share their impressions and photos they've taken? I'm happy so far. Battery life is outstanding, screen gets nice and bright and no defects like blue tint here when you look at the screen at an angle, and the speaker gets very loud. It also has volte and wifi calling on T-Mobile. I like how cool the phone stays as well. Most other phones I can use like a furnace when it gets cold outside, but even gaming here it stays relatively cool.

There is a red version coming out in China

OnePlus-5T-Lava-Red.jpg

You can get a s8 for that price.

Where can you get a new s8 for $500? They are really for 2 different people though. OnePlus is if you care about speed and a fluid near stock android experience or like to unlock and root your phone. Samsung phones are bloated multiple apps that do the same thing and Touchwiz. The S8 will have a better camera, water proofing, and wireless charging.

highrider

Banned
Where can you get a new s8 for $500? They are really for 2 different people though. OnePlus is if you care about speed and a fluid near stock android experience or like to unlock and root your phone. Samsung phones are bloated multiple apps that do the same thing and Touchwiz. The S8 will have a better camera, water proofing, and wireless charging.

There’s a fine line between enthusiastic and ridiculous sometimes.

Takuan

My co-worker got one, it's really quite nice. Had this been available back when I was looking for a new phone, I'd have stuck with it over the S8. It's just that much snappier.

My co-worker got one, it's really quite nice. Had this been available back when I was looking for a new phone, I'd have stuck with it over the S8. It's just that much snappier.

Yeah I've had both. Samsung hardware is really nice too, but their software is just more bloated and makes the phone feel slower than it should.

Sandstone white becomes available 1/9/18 at 10 AM EST

A brilliant marriage of nostalgia and expert craftsmanship, the OnePlus 5T Sandstone White unites the iconic sensation of OnePlus Sandstone with a sleek all-aluminum shell. Slowly perfected using over 100 prototypes, this is the first time we managed to apply our classic Sandstone feel to a metal chassis. It takes 4 layers to create a body with a comfortable grip and a natural, minimalistic appearance.

This limited-edition device undergoes four increasingly complex processes before it’s ready to hit the market, each of which was designed to ensure both a visually stunning sense of style and an incredible feel. First, we sandblast the aluminum alloy and apply a primer for added protection. A color temperature layer ensures the white tones are balanced and natural. Next, we apply a blend of natural minerals and white oil paint, lending the device its stunning blend of white and gray tones and signature Sandstone feel. Finally, UV light is used to refine the texture of the phone and ensure hardness and durability.

OnePlus-5T-Sandstone-White-1.jpg

Last edited:

ThisGuy

Still have the one plus one. I want to upgrade, but I just don't need to. They really knocked it out the park with the first one. Sandstone still feels alright.

Still have the one plus one. I want to upgrade, but I just don't need to. They really knocked it out the park with the first one. Sandstone still feels alright.

Yeah, OnePlus One is still their best phone. Nice ips display, dual speakers, and great build quality. I would still be using mine if I didn't give it away as a gift. Still is great in most things and you can even get Oreo if you do custom roms.

Top Bottom