• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oninaki - E3 2019 Trailer

D.Final

Banned
Showed a new trailer for Oninaki

Oninaki launches August 22 in North America and Europe

Oninaki will launch digitally for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in North America and Europe on August 22, day and date with its Japanese release, Square Enix announced during its E3 2019 press conference.

Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:

Oninaki is the third title from Tokyo RPG Factory and the studio’s first foray into the action RPG genre, sustaining the studio’s mission in taking inspiration from classic Japanese role-playing games to create a captivating experience on modern platforms. Following the release of I Am Setsuna in 2016 and Lost Sphear in 2018, Oninaki encompasses an inspired art direction, deep character development and a captivating storyline contributing to a unique, yet familiar JRPG experience.
In Oninaki, players will follow the story of Kagachi, a young watcher whose duty is to usher Lost Souls into the next world. After meeting a mysterious girl named Linne, his fate becomes entwined with blood and death. During the journey, players will also meet key characters like Kushi, an exemplary Watcher and trusted leader, Mayura, a Watcher with a kind heart, and the malicious Night Devil from a forgotten time.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This game looks really nice, can't wait.

D.Final

Banned
Oninaki launches August 22 in North America and Europe

Oninaki will launch digitally for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in North America and Europe on August 22, day and date with its Japanese release, Square Enix announced during its E3 2019 press conference.

Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:

Oninaki is the third title from Tokyo RPG Factory and the studio’s first foray into the action RPG genre, sustaining the studio’s mission in taking inspiration from classic Japanese role-playing games to create a captivating experience on modern platforms. Following the release of I Am Setsuna in 2016 and Lost Sphear in 2018, Oninaki encompasses an inspired art direction, deep character development and a captivating storyline contributing to a unique, yet familiar JRPG experience.
In Oninaki, players will follow the story of Kagachi, a young watcher whose duty is to usher Lost Souls into the next world. After meeting a mysterious girl named Linne, his fate becomes entwined with blood and death. During the journey, players will also meet key characters like Kushi, an exemplary Watcher and trusted leader, Mayura, a Watcher with a kind heart, and the malicious Night Devil from a forgotten time.

D.Final

Banned
Digital only? :(

I think the article refers to the fact that maybe the game comes out first in digital, and then in physical edition.

But I think it will also come in physical version, as happened with the previous game Lost Sphear.
It would be unusual if it came only digitally.

sublimit

Banned
I think the article refers to the fact that maybe the game comes out first in digital, and then in physical edition.

But I think it will also come in physical version, as happened with the previous game Lost Sphear.
It would be unusual if it came only digitally.
I am Setsuna was digital only in the West. And since sales of Lost Sphear weren't that great i am afraid they might skip physical.I really hope i'm wrong though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Game is out on Thursday, can't wait for impressions.
From all gameplay I have seen, it looks like a game I'm gonna enjoy. I more surprised the amount Daemon we are getting and each have own skill tree and combat style.

Reactions: Isa

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
From all gameplay I have seen, it looks like a game I'm gonna enjoy. I more surprised the amount Daemon we are getting and each have own skill tree and combat style.

Premise and aesthetic both look great. Demo impressions are that gameplay is a bit rough, but I can live with that if artistry fills the gap.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Premise and aesthetic both look great. Demo impressions are that gameplay is a bit rough, but I can live with that if artistry fills the gap.
I can see that, the combat is little on slow side but in other hand, Daemon are basically our weapons and each comes with own combat style and abilities that we can switch anytime, I'm hoping this might keep the combat feel fresh through out the game.

sublimit

Banned
Just got my copy from SE store. I will make the OT later today.
oO4537v.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom