• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono teases at new game - New Darkstalkers ?

Platy

documento.jpg

http://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/17640942374
Super SF4 on sale!! SuperSF4 is nothing compared to what's coming!!

"Monday Ono, a big darkstalker fan, tweeted that worked on a proposition with Keiji Inafune, director of research and development at Capcom, and then, later, that it was closed with sucess. A Fan asked if it was the next Darkstalker and ono said "I'm left speechless yet..... Shhhh." "

crapply translated from this post from a brazilian fighting game site.
Sorry if Old

While I was never a fan of Darkstalkers, having another well developped Capcom game in the fighting community would be a nice thing. Even though Super is currently the IT game, it cant sustain the community forever. Having smaller offerings like TVC and HDR along with the big daddies like Tekken and MVC3 helps to keep things fresh. I wonder where a new DS game would fit into the fighting game hierarchy

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
We need some photoshop wizards up on this bitch.
DarkStalkers or Capcom Vs SNK 3

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
whatever the game is, it better use the ssf4 engine

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If it's not Darkstalkers, it should be Megaman Legends 3. :mad:

Anyway, if it's Darkstalkers then hell yeah! Can't wait to use B.B. Hood

entremet

Corky said:
He's said that it is highly unlikely, since the SF4 engine does not lend itself well to the over the top nature of the Vampire series. That's the reason Capcom is using MT Framework for MvC3.

ULTROS! said:
If it's not Darkstalkers, it should be Megaman Legends 3. :mad:

Anyway, if it's Darkstalkers then hell yeah! Can't wait to use B.B. Hood

Ono has been focused on fighting game projects of late, given the success of SFIV, so that is highly unlikely.

TreIII

entrement said:
He's said that it is highly unlikely, since the SF4 engine does not lend itself well to the over the top nature of the Vampire series. That's the reason Capcom is using MT Framework for MvC3.

Yeah, I believe Nitsuma (TvC, MvC3) pretty much confirmed that MT would be used for all future Capcom fighters going forward, even though Ono and Nitsuma are on different projects altogether. Easier for the sake of "universal tools", as well as porting to 360/PS3 and arcades.

Ono has been focused on fighting game projects of late, given the success of SFIV, so that is highly unlikely.

Not only that, but that's not even Ono's responsibility. Everything that relates to Rockman on a day to day basis, that's Horinouchi. Furthermore, the reason Ono had to see ol boy Inafking at all, was due to the fact that Inafune's the head of Capcom R&D. So he had to get an idea green-lighted by him, before some thing can even get started.

ANY WAY....Ono either needs to deliver on a game that basically can be a proper follow-up to Vampire Savior or better. Savior is still played in Japan to this day, so I would like to think that a new game would have to do more focus on satiating those players, first and foremost.

After all, as was said in the previous topic about this news: the one good thing about marketing a new Vampire/Darkstalkers game in the West? Besides the relative few, like myself, who actually do/did play the game on a decent competitive tip? No expectations! :lol

yurinka

Yes, please:

A new Darkstalkers using MT Framework (and well, SFIV engine was sort of a MT Framework modified version for fighting games), developed by the SFIV team, shaders emulating Bengus' artstyle, all the characters of the series + some new ones and online modes.

And forget Morrigan's sprite :p

Platy

They totaly should make sprite morrigan an unlockable/dlc costume ! xD

And ... they need to bring the artists back ... darkstalker series has some of the most awesome art EVER !!!
Specialy those Bengus portraids .... these are GODLY !
2i208yc.jpg

vocab

Corky said:

Only if they fix.......................Crouch Techs, Plinking, Option Selects, Meaty Throws, easy inputs, and a REVERSAL WINDOW THE SIZE OF TEXAS can die in a fire. Get rid of that bullshit then come talk to me.

Platy

Azure Phoenix said:
Title raised my hopes, the pictures dashed them in one fell swoop. Sadly that indeed seems to be the Street Fighter II: Champion Edition artwork.

Shame, because Darkstalkers with the SFIV engine would be a dream.

Unless this means Something like "Super Street Fighter 4 Champion edition", wich i find HIGHLY unlikely, i don't see how that artwork would mean anything in the context of the project ....

I'm betting the really important stuff is the huge amount of papers under then ... the yellow box with japanese letters

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
vocab said:
Only if they fix.......................Crouch Techs, Plinking, Option Selects, Meaty Throws, easy inputs, and a REVERSAL WINDOW THE SIZE OF TEXAS can die in a fire. Get rid of that bullshit then come talk to me.

All that is design, not the engine, you silly person.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Back in the heyday of the fighting game genre, Darkstalkers was the only title that had any lasting appeal to me. I would be so down for a sequel.

Platy said:
They totaly should make sprite morrigan an unlockable/dlc costume ! xD

And ... they need to bring the artists back ... darkstalker series has some of the most awesome art EVER !!!
Specialy those Bengus portraids .... these are GODLY !
2i208yc.jpg
bengus/cmrk is the best artist capcom ever had

Last time we did this, nobody believed that it was a picture of the returning 3s cast in SSF4. Now we have an opportunity to see who can't convince the most people again! :D

if it turns out to be another vampire game, MvC3 officially fell off my radar

I'm keeping my expectations realistic though. It's probably about Arcade SSFIV and possibly having new characters.

TheOGB

Banned
I almost hate thinking this, but a Darkstalkers on its own doesn't seem like it'd be bigger than Super Street Fighter IV. I'd love to be proven wrong, but for now I suspect another Fighting Jam or crossover (which I still doubt due to MvC3, but if it is another crossover then maybe it's...
Darkstalkers vs. Mortal Kombat
. Or
Tekken vs. Street Fighter
).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
yurinka said:
We're talking about fighting games, not zombie games!
Explain please. I dont get it :3

TreIII

BocoDragon said:
I wish it was a new Cap vs SNK

I think it will be a long time before SNK will agree to such a thing. In the last collaboration between the two companies, Capcom basically made all the money from the deal, while SNK ended up with practically nothing to show for it. (It happening in the midst of SNK's death and rebirth didn't help.)

Maybe if/when SNK's KOFXIII becomes the start of something great for SNK, then maybe SNK will feel confident enough to start branching out once more. Until then...

madara

Hmm maybe its for the best we don't. There is alot of fugly still with that SF4 engine over sprites if that is what they have to use.

vocab

MoxManiac said:
Meaty throws? WTF? SF4 doesn't have meaty throws.

:lol ya it does. You can throw someone before they are even on their feet 100% (hence meaty). No other fighting game is like that. The fact that you can also meaty command throw is just down right retarded. Try it for your self.

Raging Spaniard said:
All that is design, not the engine, you silly person.

No all of it, some of it.

vocab said:
:lol ya it does. You can throw someone before they are even on their feet 100% (hence meaty). No other fighting game is like that. The fact that you can also meaty command throw is just down right retarded. Try it for your self.

The heck are you even talking about? Is this a complaint because you keep getting thrown on wake-up or something? The reversal window and easy inputs I can agree with but this throwing stuff makes no sense.

Fersis

_dementia said:
especially since Darkstalkers has a Zombie character and CvS doesn't
Yup that totally confused me. ·___.

vocab

hikarutilmitt said:
The heck are you even talking about? Is this a complaint because you keep getting thrown on wake-up or something? The reversal window and easy inputs I can agree with but this throwing stuff makes no sense.

No it's a complaint because it's another option in the game that makes no sense. Meaty attacks barely work in this game, but meaty throws are viable? Come the fuck on.

I meaty throw people all the time because they don't expect being thrown during wake up frames. Sure you can reversal, but that's' not always reliable against a person who baits it. It's pretty much part of the meta game anyway now, same with crouch tech.

Anyway, I'm done arguing over that game.

The Blanka figure would suggest that it's not Darkstalkers. I'd like to see CvS3 but I'm sure there are a lot of licensing issues to deal with if they want to do that again.

Platy

Dali said:
If you really cared if it were old you would have typed "Ono" into the search bar, saw the first result, and not have created this thread.

='(

All my research wasted =/

Mods ... feel free to lock/merge/something

hikarutilmitt said:
The resurrection of Capcom Fighting All-stars!

believe.gif

Because they need to do something with those Haggar/Stridder/Poison models they made for Marvel vs Capcom 3 .. right ? =D

ace harding: private eye said:
How about Power Stone 3?

I'm not sure if Capcom wants the Apocalypse to come that fast ....

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
The Blanka figure would suggest that it's not Darkstalkers. I'd like to see CvS3 but I'm sure there are a lot of licensing issues to deal with if they want to do that again.

The Blanka figure is in EVERY tweetpic that ono posted ... it is like his mascot/pet or something

"The Blanka figure would suggest that it's not Darkstalkers. I'd like to see CvS3 but I'm sure there are a lot of licensing issues to deal with if they want to do that again."

The blanka figure is irrelevant, it's just a recurring joke in the twitter.

Xiaoki

Darkstalkers 3 is one of my favorite fighting games of all time but I have little faith in it translating to 3-D well.

The animation of some characters would be very difficult(Victor, Jedah, Q-Bee) and some would be near impossible(Raptor, Rikuo, Anakaris).

But I'll take any Darkstalkers.

Top Bottom