• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

HWZ2giL.jpg

gobl_logo_298w.png

Last year, with OOTP 16, we saw the creation of the GAF Online Baseball League (GOBL). OOTP 16 introduced officially licensed teams to the baseball simulator. This year, OOTP 17 introduces official MLBPA license, including real FaceGen images of over 800 real MLB players.
Because of the new license: "Every historical season from 1871 through 2015 is included, with authentic logos and real minor leagues". (read more on the official site).

Now, some of these guys update almost every single day. Others, they update when they can....and that's totally fine. Some of the daily guys probably spend 5 minutes each day in game, with more time if truly needed, and other guys might spend 30min in it because they like to dig through the numbers and really play around with their lineups. There are many ways to play the game with varying degrees of time that are totally adequate to keep you competitive.

You can purchase OOTP 17 directly from the source @ http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/ or on steam

IMPORTANT LEAGUE INFORMATION
Commissioners: brentech
Sim Schedule: During the season - daily 7 day sims. Breaks at important dates (ie. first year draft, FA signings, International FA signings). During signing periods and playoffs, 3 days at a time.
Sim Time: League attempts to sim around 4pm eastern each day. Team exports need to be in before then for your changes to take effect.
League Reports: Uploaded at time of sim, but become visable at 6pm eastern on the website. (Automatic CRON job so I don't have to log in and extract files every day)
Team Availability: Teams are taken by a first come first serve basis. If you want to play as a team listed as OPEN, let me know asap.
Player Trades: Require approval, but most trades between two human GMs are authorized. Trades between Human and CPU GMs, obviously, must be a trade the CPU wants, and also authorized by the league.
----Player Trade Format:
Cleveland sends:
LF Robert Allen (GOBL)
SP John Smith (AAA Columbus)

Chicago White Sox sends:
SS Bruce Ryan (AA Birmingham)

IMPORTANT LEAGUE LINKS
- GOBL Homepage
--- Export Reader
--- League Reports
--- GM List
--- League File Instructions

brentech

Code:
Current GMs - Open teams are first come first serve.

AL East

Yankees – **OPEN**
Orioles – Dr_LawyerCop
Blue Jays – chairon
Red Sox – **OPEN**
Rays – darkside31337

AL Central

Tigers – Got the Shakes
White Sox – **OPEN**
Twins – **OPEN**
Royals – **OPEN**
Indians – brentech

AL West

A’s – CosmicQueso
Angels – **OPEN**
Rangers – **OPEN**
Mariners – Purple Cheeto
Astros – acheron_xl

NL East

Mets – Dmncnby2k9
Braves – CrimsonCommie
Marlins – ph33nix
Nationals – **OPEN**
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – **OPEN**
Reds – **OPEN**
Cardinals – **OPEN**
Brewers – eznark
Pirates – JesseEwiak

NL West

Giants – **OPEN**
Dodgers – timetokill
Rockies – **OPEN**
Padres – **OPEN**
DiamondBacks – Rommel

Code:
[B]GOBL World Series Winners[/B]

2015: Atlanta Braves
2016: LA Dodgers (CPU)
2017: Arizona Diamondbacks
2018: St. Louis Cardinals
2019: Pittsburgh Pirates (CPU)
2020: LA Dodgers
2021: Pittsburgh Pirates (CPU)
2022: Minnesota Twins
2023: Cleveland Indians
2024: Oakland Athletics
2025: Washington Nationals (CPU)

Sanjuro

If you don't want me in the league that's fine. Steam finally fixed the issue. The OS just wasnt compatible with the steam client.

brentech

Texans are tentatively taken by 'Zoomed' in OOTP17

If you don't want me in the league that's fine. Steam finally fixed the issue. The OS just wasnt compatible with the steam client.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion. You're still the GM of Boston and listed as so.

Highly tempted to snag the Royals, but I'm going to be using them in the Show league. Limited game time says I should probably pass.

Rommel

Time to take it to the Sky-Doyers next year. It'll help having my starters healthy. Looks like my owner is unhappy about making the playoffs and will slash my budget which will hurt.

I've got 17, so I'm ready to make the jump whenever. Really liking the new version, though I'm sure there's still kinks they need to iron out. Playing an offline league to test as the A's, every time I had the CPU try to make a trade work they'd ask for Sonny Gray :/.

Is there a preferred way to preorder? I just got the steam one last time.

Game released today so there aren't pre-orders anymore. The game is 10% off for launch on Steam right now. In the future if you pre-order from the devs themselves you get to download the game 4 days early directly from them and they'll also throw in a Steam key for you to do whatever you want with.

brentech

So, we're very close to finishing off the 2019 season. Since we don't have to worry about roster updates this year, it makes the most sense to bring in new players at the start of the new season, 2020.

Could people that already have OOTP 17, plan to purchase as soon as we're ready, or plan to join the league with OOTP 17 let me know that you're ready/willing to do so. 2nd post will contain the list so we know if/when we can make the jump. Might not be able to happen right with 2020 season if most people aren't on board.

GRaider81

does anyone have a spare steam key they'd be willing to sell?

Im a FM vet but love baseball so im definitely interested in joining this...

I got OOTP 17 I'm ready to jump into the new game whenever. If we have to take a break for a few days after the WS so everybody has time to get the game I'm cool with that too.

Mondrian

I would up for joining the league. I got pretty hooked on OOTP mobile last year... I'd like to give the full-featured desktop version a shot. I'd be up for playing as the Dodgers or Rockies.

brentech

In the second post, I'm underlining people that have stated they will convert from 16 to 17. New players listed as such. If I missed you, just let me know again.
I just bought ootp17, id like to join if newbies are cool.

Ill take the blue jays or the phillies.

I would up for joining the league. I got pretty hooked on OOTP mobile last year... I'd like to give the full-featured desktop version a shot. I'd be up for playing as the Dodgers or Rockies.

You guys both have two teams listed that are currently available. Please pick the team you want most so we can lock it down and leave the others open.

If you need, take a look at the current roster situation on the league reports: http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/league_144_home.html

I'll get OOTP 17 whenever you guys decide to migrate Brent, so you can mark me down. I'll wait to pick it up until we're making the switch though.

Mondrian

In the second post, I'm underlining people that have stated they will convert from 16 to 17. New players listed as such. If I missed you, just let me know again.

You guys both have two teams listed that are currently available. Please pick the team you want most so we can lock it down and leave the others open.

If you need, take a look at the current roster situation on the league reports: http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/league_144_home.html

Dodgers for me then.

Bog

Junior Ace
So how do I go about joining the league as The Cubs? And if it's 2020 now, who's even on the team?

So how do I go about joining the league as The Cubs? And if it's 2020 now, who's even on the team?

You can check it out for yourself!

Cubs were 92-70 in 2019, 2nd in the NL Central.

They led the league in HR behind 6.7 WAR Kris Bryant and his 32 bombs. Addison Russell chipped in a healthy 6.4 WAR going .278-24-82 with 25 steals.

Pitching was solid but not spectacular led by Kyle Hendricks (12-10, 3.88) and Jon Lester (11-7. 3.57) in the rotation and closer Ken Giles (37 Saves).

The Cubs made the playoffs, taking the Dodgers the distance, but ultimately losing 3 games to 2.

Division Series Goes the Distance, Los Angeles Prevails
Thursday, October 17th, 2019
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago Cubs put on a classic Division Series that was in question until the final game.

In the end, Los Angeles won the deciding contest by a score of 6-1, to take the series 3-2.

"It doesn't get much tighter than that. To win a series in the last game is a thrill," said Alex Dickerson, who earned series MVP honors for Los Angeles. "Our guys are breathing a little easier now."

For the series, Dickerson hit .421 with a .421 on-base percentage. He had 1 home runs, drove in 5 RBI and scored 6 runs.

http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/teams/team_36_roster_page.html

Here's the Cubs roster. Pretty much the same, still absolutely loaded. They had guys buried in the minors that would start on most teams.

Once we make the switch to the new version, you'll be able to take the Cubs over. It'll probably be pretty soon. You'll have to download the league file and set it up, but it's easy.

I'll be converting to 17. I've been bad with updates recently. I really need to take a strong look at my lineup and farm system.

brentech

Well, it seems to me that we have enough of the original OOTP 16 players, even some that haven't said so here, I pretty much know will upgrade. The final sim of the 2019 season will happen today, and then I will look into work on getting our league imported into 17 and everyone into that version.

Quicker than I thought, but it seems like there is a consensus to upgrade.
ashot_jugg.gif

Bog

Junior Ace
http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/teams/team_36_roster_page.html

Here's the Cubs roster. Pretty much the same, still absolutely loaded. They had guys buried in the minors that would start on most teams.

Once we make the switch to the new version, you'll be able to take the Cubs over. It'll probably be pretty soon. You'll have to download the league file and set it up, but it's easy.

Good Lord, they're somehow even more stacked than the real team. Just let me know when you switch over.

brentech

2019 World Series was won by the Pirates (CPU). This concludes the OOTP 16 updates - and I will be importing our league to OOTP 17 today. Hopefully we'll get everyone into 17 over the next few days.

Once I get it imported and uploaded, I will provide details on how to join for everyone.

2019 World Series was won by the Pirates (CPU). This concludes the OOTP 16 updates - and I will be importing our league to OOTP 17 today. Hopefully we'll get everyone into 17 over the next few days.

Once I get it imported and uploaded, I will provide details on how to join for everyone.

DAMN YOU COMPUUUUUTERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humanity is doomed. DOOMED!

In other news, awesome to imagine Pittsburgh partying for a baseball championship

Top Bottom