• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opencritic: Super Mario Odyssey is The best video game of the generation

I see you're still on your mission to ruin as many Nintendo related threads as possible with absolutely retarded shitposting.
for fucks sake the op is already doing a perfect job of doing that, you really can't be that stupid. he's shitting on sony all over the thread but that doesn't bother does it?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
iE23okf.png

Jesus fine, it's:

The Last of Us, MGS4, God of War 3, Uncharted 3, Journey, LittleBigPlanet 2, MLB 10, MLB 11, God of War 2018, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, SotC Remake, Flower, Astro Bot. 15, actually.
vs
Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Breath of the Wild, 3D World, Smash Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, Odyssey, Smash Ultimate. 10.

But don't start comparing the list game-by-game, the whole point is that making lists like these is retarded. That's 90+ company exclusives from the past decade, but we could just as easily include the last 11 years, or make the threshold 89, and the list changes. It doesn't matter. Both companies produce plenty of great first party titles.
Let me add something,
1. MGS4. Developed by Kojipro and Published by Konami
2. P5. Developed and Published by Atlus.

Those 2 games are 3rd party not by Sony.

More Nintendo games missing from your list.
1. Zelda OOT 3D Remake
2. Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Pushmo
5. Zelda ALBW

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Meh. Boring AF:

bx7lgrfc2j401.jpg

all the same crap.

Especially uncharted. What a boring shit game. wow
god of war was good
HZD got boring after getting out of the first area. just the same shit,
still need to actually start playing that zombie name.. forgot the name
don't know what that sitting on a horse game is?

fuck uncharted 4

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
hurr durr

And like clockwork, you COMPLETELY ignored/missed the point I was making because you've got an autistic obsession with List Wars™. I really don't know why I bothered wasting my time, I feel stupid for even bothering.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Sony has 5 GotYs and Nintendo only one.

Not surprising considering Keighley shows tend to reward more western games and this has only changed in recent years.

Plus they often tend to reward those types of Hollywood-like videogames with pretty graphics Sony likes to invest on, Nintendo games are generally the exact opposite of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
And like clockwork, you COMPLETELY ignored/missed the point I was making because you've got an autistic obsession with List Wars™. I really don't know why I bothered wasting my time, I feel stupid for even bothering.
Spreading fake information then blames other people. Nice try.

Not surprising considering Keighley shows tend to reward more western games and this has only changed in recent years.

Plus they often tend to reward those types of Hollywood-like videogames with pretty graphics Sony likes to invest on, Nintendo games are generally the exact opposite of that.

GOTY get chosen by most media picks not by kieghly show. for example sekiro won on Keighley show, while deathstranding might win overall GOTY by media and user picks.

Last edited:

Katsura

I'd rate a user score list higher than a 'critic' list. At any rate, these are as always wildly subjective. I hated RDR2 and BotW. I also like Mario Maker 2 more than Odyssey but what ever. I don't pay attention to reviews anyway

I'd rate a user score list higher than a 'critic' list. At any rate, these are as always wildly subjective. I hated RDR2 and BotW. I also like Mario Maker 2 more than Odyssey but what ever. I don't pay attention to reviews anyway

Metacritic user score

l01w8yg3wg3z2MYLmp8bWDT2ZtktBhjNlYwk_9s0IACiaTvVjiGm1wlj2D-C-vJct01conSoUYSJ6ZQoyfqxNbbDL0boN19og22B1h2YP3euTAKRmhdorEOujqETo9uoF62Ze4o5S6u9NPBlXuQw3VLG97X1tSeL-Y6FzfY6K2K8RCRdXqO-CjGyHUUy
YbRb07C0jSP5f__0aGrcIcBiyaTHA85ihPKAb-NldsZvlR0yLajV0mu_3qk_HuazzMia97Le83wQoeUS9Dk3IxEIEihTKwOEkNM3Z-dlFNLWgj_3KkLyocSeJo1OXaW1B5KR2wmh3mTRG0etOfLJX1S_nUSm2Rlqq5XyS4uBVAanzht9DZkJSl00oGwN-FziIyaY5gI4nSnAxwyY8kXmlrE
untitled.png
funftx66.jpg
bombed.png

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Spreading fake information then blames other people. Nice try.

No you fucking mongoloid, I was trying in vain to make a point about why these things don't matter, but you're completely incapable of looking past a redundant list of Metacritic scores because that's the only level you operate at. Big number good, low number bad. If I wanted to include handheld games I would've included P4G on the Vita but I didn't because it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant to what I was saying. The information is not "fake". I don't pick sides in console wars because I'm not 12.

Coming in these threads is a terrible idea, I feel dumber just for looking at them.

Katsura

And similarly there's lots of 10s from fanboys, it evens out. So what? You'd rather take the word of a select few morons, most of whom can't even play video games at a decent level and who are more concerned with the politics injected into the games than the actual quality of the games?

No you fucking mongoloid, I was trying in vain to make a point about why these things don't matter, but you're completely incapable of looking past a redundant list of Metacritic scores because that's the only level you operate at. Big number good, low number bad. If I wanted to include handheld games I would've included P4G on the Vita but I didn't because it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant to what I was saying. The information is not "fake". I don't pick sides in console wars because I'm not 12.

Coming in these threads is a terrible idea, I feel dumber just for looking at them.
he's only doing that to troll. he's good at it.

Developed and published by Atlus. You need to chill dude, take a deep breath and start reprogram your mind to differentiate between first party games and 3rs party games.

Vawn

Banned
so many ps4 exclusive games. wow.
I thought you were being a smartass at first. Then I saw the list.

The Last of Us Remastered
Persona 5
Journey
Flower
Uncharted 4
Dragon Quest XI
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy XIV
Bloodborne
Tetris Effect
Horizon Zero Dawn
Astro Bot

Switch's line-up is just as impressive. If you owned a PS4 and a Switch, you could play almost every game on the list. Fantastic job by two of the big three.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
GOTY get chosen by most media picks not by kieghly show. for example sekiro won on Keighley show, while deathstranding might win overall GOTY by media and user picks.

For the actual GOTY user votes don't count all that much (i believe 10-20%), it's mostly media picks.

But in 2019 they also had People's choice GOTY, entirely decided by users and Fire Emblem: Three Houses won that award by a large margin, with Super Smash Bros Ultimate finishing second.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the actual GOTY user votes don't count all that much (i believe 10-20%), it's mostly media picks.

But in 2019 they also had People's choice GOTY, entirely decided by users and Fire Emblem: Three Houses won that award by a large margin, with Super Smash Bros Ultimate finishing second.

this is how GOTY is decided

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
this is how GOTY is decided

Yes i know, users pick don't count as much as media picks like i said, i was referring to the actual votes you send on TGA website.

Yes i know, users pick don't count as much as media picks like i said, i was referring to the actual votes you send on TGA website.
Nah that gotypick is too inconsistent, some websites appear in specific year while didn't include in other year. Take a look during Zelda BOTW year, for some magic reason a lot of previous media disappeared.

Asian countries media are hugely underrepresented in that list.

Imagine a country second only behind US in tradional gaming market only has 2-3 gaming media in there and was dwarfed by a small gaming market countries like Norway, Finland, and etc.

Amateur is the right word to describe that websites.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
so many ps4 exclusive games. wow.
Tell me what kind of adult would buy this? shiitttt, might as well go watch barney and tellatubbies while you at it. or splatoon games are targeted for toddlers and weirdo adults.

S6ma9Qu.png
for fucks sake the op is already doing a perfect job of doing that, you really can't be that stupid. he's shitting on sony all over the thread but that doesn't bother does it?
because he loves to suck sonys cock and this is allowed here. as long as you are pro-sony, you are good to go.
Why are letterposters always like this?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's a grown ass man my age (soon just about middle-aged) acting like a 13 year old and having so much pent up homosexuality he can't go a single forum page without telling this guy he likes seeing men, that guy he likes it from behind, etc. Over vidya gaemz. Go figure, so matoor and adult-like, just like the games he likes. Lmao.

Last edited:

Carna

Banned
Reviews are not exactly an authentic way to tell a game is that good, you have to play it for yourself to ultimately get the final judgement.

Like how I played Botw, and could say it's barely as good as my favorite 2 3D Zelda games (ocarina of Time, and wind waker)

I find it weird how metacritic, opencritic, and whatever other total accumulative critic average is used to prop up certain exclusives. Like the general consensus among gamers posting on forums is that critic reviews don't matter but then their scores are used as ammo when comparing different exclusives. You either care for it or you don't.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Is Mario Odyssey an excellent game? Absolutely.
Is it the best game this gen?
Not even close.

It's a grown ass man my age (soon just about middle-aged) acting like a 13 year old and having so much pent up homosexuality he can't go a single forum page without telling this guy he likes seeing men, that guy he likes it from behind, etc. Over vidya gaemz. Go figure, so matoor and adult-like, just like the games he likes. Lmao.

go cry and bitch about the possiblity of bayo being ported, some grown man you are.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
go cry and bitch about bayo being ported, some grown man you are.
I loved Bayo when it got ported to PC and I got to play it, what are you on about, lol? You're the idiot who can't see it's a good game to begin with. It would be great if 2 and 3 got ported, alas they won't be in the foreseeable future so I will not get to play them, sad as it is. Plenty other games to play! Keep being the forum joker.

Last edited:

wintersouls

It was fun though I wouldn't consider it the best game of the gen ....or even top 5.

Totally agree.

Also remember that it is premature to decide which is the best game of the generation when it is not over yet. The Last of Us 2 and ghost of tsushima await.

To date, if I had to choose one, it would be Sekiro.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
at best it is slightly better than Mario Sunshine, those Galaxy games were better.

Nintendo fanboys will let you believe anything...

Mr Hyde

Odyssey was good, but a tad overrated. Not my favourite Mario 3D, that belongs to Galaxy. I'm more interested in 3D World honestly.

Also, Bloodborne and Nier Automata shared my top spot for the game of the generation. Maybe BB a bit more for the insane replay value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom