• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Openings of Persona 5 Dancing Star Night and Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night

Oh dear, these look incredible. And the music remixes? ORGASMIC!!! Ah, these are two games that I'm definitely getting, even though my wallets already crying out in anguish.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why they always stylish? Simple Atlus and it's not just their Persona games, look their SMT games like Nocturne and even games like Catherine and Tokyo mirage session. Their games might not have the most advance graphics but you can always trust that their games will have fantastic art direction and slick UI designs.

zelhawks37

I absolutely loved the presentation and music. Oh, and the outfits are pretty rad too. Definitely picking these up down the road.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Interesting. Hopefully there will either be a LE or a collection where you can get both games in a single bundle.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This totally doesn't scream, "we used to make JRPGs and now we make waifu simulators and bad rhythm games".

Danjin44

This totally doesn't scream, "we used to make JRPGs and now we make waifu simulators and bad rhythm games".
Well...they still make JRPG, I mean Persona 5 just came out last year and we just got Strange Journey Redux.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
P5 was fine but it was infected with the waifu shit thankfully you can just reject/not lead on people and continue the game I guess. Redux itself has an insert character that brought my least favorite science fiction/paradox trope so my point stands.

Danjin44

P5 was fine but it was infected with the waifu shit thankfully you can just reject/not lead on people and continue the game I guess. Redux itself has an insert character that brought my least favorite science fiction/paradox trope so my point stands.
How your point stands exactly? You call P5 have waifu shit because you can romance the characters but does that mean we can also call games like Mass Effect and Witcher having "waifu shit"? Because in those games you can also romance and even have sex with the characters.

Also If you hate insert character in Strange Journey then most likely will hate all SMT games because thats how most SMT games are. Strange Journey one of well received SMT games if you don't like the game then thats mostly on you not Atlus. Its not really that they stop making JRPG, it just YOU don't like their games thats all there is to it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How your point stands exactly? You call P5 have waifu shit because you can romance the characters but does that mean we can also call games like Mass Effect and Witcher having "waifu shit"? Because in those games you can also romance and even have sex with the characters.

Also If you hate insert character in Strange Journey then most likely will hate all SMT games because thats how most SMT games are. Strange Journey one of well received SMT games if you don't like the game then thats mostly on you not Atlus. Its not really that they stop making JRPG, it just YOU don't like their games thats all there is to it.

This ofc are just my opinions but...

Spin offs of a spin off filled with dlc and games slit into 2 with a limited soundtrack that focuses on fanservice/previous titles whose gimmic made waifus mainstream. It fails entirely as a challenging rhythm game when you compare to other games made by Sega as well. There was zero romance on 5, it was more of a "I'm there for you=I love you now". Mass Effect didn't do romance so much as boning and it makes sense it being a Star Trek with action made by a now ruined company and all. So you know, it worked there. Witcher was also just mostly you boning women and being toyed with by two horrible manipulative women (Chronology ) Our concept of romance are very different.

Sir/Mam???, I beat Strange Journey 7 years ago. (and every Megami title translated to date) and I already beat Redux twice. It is a good game. However, Alex is a shit character that makes the game worse just by existing.

How are the Persona Dancing spin-offs as rhythm games? Very good or is it more like they're okay, but you're really mostly buying into it for the appreciation of Persona and its music?

Danjin44

This ofc are just my opinions but...

Sir/Mam???, I beat Strange Journey 7 years ago. (and every Megami title translated to date) and I already beat Redux twice. It is a good game. However, Alex is a shit character that makes the game worse just by existing.
But you can completely ignore Alex and still enjoy the original story. Also in you last comment you acted as Atlus stoped making JRPG which it not really true. especially when we are finally getting SMT for console.

Doesn't matter how much people want to call it dating sim but to me Social Link system is get you to know your party members and other characters better while at same time helps you in combat. You have the option to romance them if you want but its not really that important and you can still max out their SL with out ever romancing them.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
But you can completely ignore Alex and still enjoy the original story. Also in you last comment you acted as Atlus stoped making JRPG which it not really true. especially when we are finally getting SMT for console.

Doesn't matter how much people want to call it dating sim but to me Social Link system is get you to know your party members and other characters better while at same time helps you in combat. You have the option to romance them if you want but its not really that important and you can still max out their SL with out ever romancing them.
The new content is based on Alex and the womb. Without going thru it you can't fight the extra bosses and the real boss. But point taken. Perhaps I'm not being clear but MT was about JRPGs not dancing games or things like Catherine hell how much have they pushed this game vs what...2 trailers for 5?

That's the thing though for most of these social links it seems just like people being people which I do like before it awkwardly can turn into I LOVE YOU. My main complaint is how shallow it is if anything. Also no female mc.

Danjin44

The new content is based on Alex and the womb. Without going thru it you can't fight the extra bosses and the real boss. But point taken. Perhaps I'm not being clear but MT was about JRPGs not dancing games or things like Catherine hell how much have they pushed this game vs what...2 trailers for 5?
Okay I see your point Atlus loves to do more marketing on dancing game spine offs than their actual JRPG. I personally want see more stuff form SMTV and project re fantasy rather than P5D.

Also I actually want see Atlus make more games like Catherine because I really LOVED that game and really excited for Catherine Full Body.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Well Catherine was a better game than the last dancing game.

Still I'd buy 10 copies of this game if they acknowledged FEM MC

Top Bottom