• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Redfall might be the next one to get delayed

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
unknown.png

Why? The game is supposed to come out this summer, thats in about 6-8 months. So far we've had no actual gameplay, no new trailers, no nothing. Besides the E3 2021 announcement cgi trailer.

The only release date we have is Summer 2022.

Its also based on UE5 which looks to have still missing features and bugs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Starfield releases before Redfall.

good shout, if unreal engine 5 is not ready due to Covid delays then imagine every game will be getting pushed back.

2022 is going to be another rough year, which sucks! Hopefully there will be some unexpected gems.

SJRB

Gold Member
I doubt many people are bothered by this. We know next to nothing about this game and the reveal trailer was terrible.

Take all the time you need, Arkane. Especially after Deathloop.

Riky

$MSFT
Forza is an annual/bi-annual franchise with minimal differences between entries. It isn't necessary to show it as much as people know what to expect and their fanbases are already sold on it.

Forza Motorsport 7 was what 2017, it's now 2022. I don't think you know what annual/bi-annial means.
Forza Horizon is a totally different series.

GymWolf

I buy everything from arkane so take your time devs.

Hopefully it's gonna be better than deathloop (a good game but arkane worse game in the last 10+ years)

Last edited:
I think it will release in September, followed by Forza Motorsport in October and Starfield in November.

Delays may happen, naturally, but I just can't imagine that all 3 will slip into 2023, leaving Xbox without any big exclusive for the next 12 months.

kuncol02

Banned
I think it will release in September, followed by Forza Motorsport in October and Starfield in November.

Delays may happen, naturally, but I just can't imagine that all 3 will slip into 2023, leaving Xbox without any big exclusive for the next 12 months.
Deatloop will be released on xbox in september. I don't see two Arkane games in one month.

jakinov

have you forgotten about Deathloop???
You mean the game who had it's first gameplay reveal only months away before release and aligned with a marketing event like I said? Who then kept having trailers because they kept intending to launch? How does deathloop a game with gameplay trailers compare to your an example with a game who hasn't had it's gameplay shown and no trailer for 6-8 months and no marketing event nearby? Companies like to market games again close to release near when people can get the game.Not showing gameplay until very close to release (1-2 months) but might keep releasing trailers is also very common today too. People show off games differnetly but what's common is you get most marketing close to release the reasoning is again marketing close to when people can get the game.

Thinking they won't release a game soley because you haven't seen a trailer or gameplay many months away is absurd reasoning. The game might get delayed but there's no great reasonfor the publishers to be advertising Redfall right now.

tmlDan

I hope not, it would be nice to have another high production gamepass game i can play with friends thats xbox exclusive - with this delayed, and if its next year, they only have starfield (which might also get delayed)

elliot5

Deathloop is Lyon not Austin, and while every game has its complexities I’d have a hunch Deathloop + void engine was a more difficult game to refine gameplay and story wise for a massive audience compared to Redfall on UE4. Deathloops structure seems much more difficult to iterate upon to playtesters until it “makes sense” ya feel. Hence the delays it had.

Riky

$MSFT
This isn't at all thread worthy, every game has the potential to be delayed in the current climate. Anyone could make a thread about any game and say I think it could be delayed.

People were adamant Halo Infinite would be delayed again right up to it wasn't.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's possible but it strikes me as a game they are gonna release with a base set of content, not enough content as well, and then build upon it.

oldergamer

So what are you talking about?

Reminds me of last year when people were insisting Halo Infinite would be delayed into 2022 and that the campaign would be a disaster 😂
Yeah I recall that. it was more FUD based on nothing. The logic some people are applying is through tinted googles

Last edited:
"what we've seen so far has been terrible" ... you saw a short CGI trailer? Wtf people haha reserve your judgement for after we get extensive gameplay previews.

It's an Xbox exclusive that includes multiplayer/coop, perfect formula for having Neogaf hate your game. They don't actually need to know anything else about the game to form their opinions

Starfield

You mean the game who had it's first gameplay reveal only months away before release and aligned with a marketing event like I said? Who then kept having trailers because they kept intending to launch? How does deathloop a game with gameplay trailers compare to your an example with a game who hasn't had it's gameplay shown and no trailer for 6-8 months and no marketing event nearby? Companies like to market games again close to release near when people can get the game.Not showing gameplay until very close to release (1-2 months) but might keep releasing trailers is also very common today too. People show off games differnetly but what's common is you get most marketing close to release the reasoning is again marketing close to when people can get the game.

Thinking they won't release a game soley because you haven't seen a trailer or gameplay many months away is absurd reasoning. The game might get delayed but there's no great reasonfor the publishers to be advertising Redfall right now.
Soon people will be coming back to this thread knowing I was right I feel like.

jakinov

Soon people will be coming back to this thread knowing I was right I feel like.
Even if you were "right" which isn't impossible becasue there's two possible outcomes. It doens't mean your reasoning makes sense or is good. I can't speak for anyone else but my contension was never about whether or not its' delayed it's that your reasoning for thinkikng it's delayed sucks.

CitizenZ

Banned
I mean without going into a prolonged WTF, but you do realize this is the 3rd AAA MP game that has been delayed. Why? They have no fucking clue. None. Zero.Zero.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I can't open the link for unknown reason but is it a gaf->internet->gaf rumor or is it coming from another source?
Because sure that trailer was atrocious but I am more interested in gameplay and Arkane is usually good there(hoping they will do better than Deathloop which I felt were their weakest game(I mean Arkane studios in general)).

Varteras

Gold Member
I can't open the link for unknown reason but is it a gaf->internet->gaf rumor or is it coming from another source?
Because sure that trailer was atrocious but I am more interested in gameplay and Arkane is usually good there(hoping they will do better than Deathloop which I felt were their weakest game(I mean Arkane studios in general)).
The source is MrMattyPlays and Lord Cognito from the Defining Duke podcast. An Xbox focused podcast from Last Stand Media. They claim to have sources that say it's likely to get pushed out of Summer 2022 and MrMatty says he thinks that a Holiday 2022 release is much more likely. They did say to take it lightly for now but they see it happening.

MadPanda

Banned
Is this really your opinion or you're just passing on what was said on Defining Duke podcast?

Anyway, if it's delayed from summer to fall I wouldn't care. If it's delayed from this summer to the next one then I'd be slightly disappointed.

The Alien

Banned
For what its worth...the release is showing 'September 2022' (technically not summer but close enough).

Im not overly excited for the game, the CGI trailer and artstyle are not my thing...but if the co-op gameplay I'd good, could be fun.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Hard to say. Honestly Arkane is generally pretty solid about hitting their release dates, and we know the game was pretty far along when it was announced despite the reveal not showing much.

I'm pretty willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. And the game, while not thematically interesting to me, sounds cool, Borderlands with immersive sim elements and cool powers.

Top Bottom