• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK August 2007 Tidbits (Timesplitters ++)

Mmmkay

Seems a couple of people got their subscriptions through for this month's OPM UK. The demos on the magazine are MotorStorm, Ridge Racer 7, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma (first time we've seen the Euro version of the demo). There are also a bunch of trailers apparently, but nothing that's not on the store.

No scores or anything at this very moment, but a few interesting tidbits as promised. Seems there are preliminary details of a new Timesplitters game in the magazine:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=106070
OPM: UK August Issue has a small article confirming that a new Timesplitters game is in the works for the PS3 (most probably with X360, although it wasn't mentioned - but its a PS3 magazine so why would they mention it)

No actual news on the features, other than Steve Ellis says "they're 'gearing' up to insert monkeys and guns into all the wrong places"

Interestingly the logo currently being used by Free Radical, is a spoof of the Gears of War logo with a monkey head. And Free Radical is said to have sent out some concept art of a monkey in a 'very' familiar suit of green battle armour.

So expect a lot of in-game potshots at Gears of War, Halo, and other famous gaming franchises.

There is also a little something else:
Also at the back of the mag where the release date for next issue is, there is always a pic in background of what front cover is going to be to do with. This one has Snake and then
1972-2015

Awesome news! I didn't expect them to be getting to work so quick on the next Time Splitters, seeing how they're doing Haze at the moment. :)

So you guys got rid of the normal smile face?
Orlics said:
Awesome. They should do parodies of Resistance and maybe poke some fun at the Tom Clancy games.
Yes parodies galore Please! :D

I though this was pretty funny
Interestingly the logo currently being used by Free Radical, is a spoof of the Gears of War logo with a monkey head.

Orlics

maxmars said:
More Timesplitters is always good news. Hopefully ps3 will be cheaper by then. :D

Timesplitters is multiplatform, is it not? I somehow remember playing FP on my Xbox. I could be wrong though, it could have been on my PS2.

Jeff-DSA

I love the TimeSplitters series. I think the level design trounces that found in Halo. Not to say Halo is crap or anything, but the Free Radical guys are much better at building levels (especially in multiplayer).

Chemo

Orlics said:
Timesplitters is multiplatform, is it not? I somehow remember playing FP on my Xbox. I could be wrong though, it could have been on my PS2.
It was for 2 and 3, but the first game was PS2 exclusive... of course, that's because the only other current system on the market at the time was the Dreamcast, and I guess they weren't interested in it.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if Sony money-hatted Free Radical for TimeSplitters 3, though... they need some more exclusive shooter content for sure, and TimeSplitters is an outstanding series. That said, it probably is multiplatform, though... OPM wouldn't report on a 360 game. :)

X26

Banned
The light heartedness and comedy in TS:FP was great, much better than in TS1 and TS2, good to see that the trend will continue

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yes! Yes! One of my main multiplayer games of last gen. More arcade mode and a much more robust level editor plz :D. Also, Splitscreen co-op!

Just don't build anything as ridiculous as the robot factory. That level was really hard. :(

DSWii60

I just bought TS2 2 days ago. Awesome game. Completely converted me from Free Radical cynic to Free Radical fan.

Virus mode with 3 buddies and tons of bots was awesome.

Or try playing Team Flame tag with a bunch of flaming chimps.

AWESOME.

Cant wait.

luffeN

can someone enlighten me why there is a spoiler tag on the Snake sentence?
does it mean that itll stay exclusive to sony till 2015?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
TimeSplitters is great.

Likely be out on all major consoles too.
While starting off on PS1 (which was a great game, terrible loading though), 2 and 3 were on all systems, and didnt they actually sell better on GC then Xbox?
Makes sense to have a Wii version.

Busty

Banned
I LOVE F*CKING LOVE FREE RADICAL AND THE TIMESPLITTER SERIES....

I thought that since FR were so busy with the next Star Wars:Battlefront game for Lucasarts it could be years before we see another TS.

Seriously I had no idea that we could be getting a TimeSplitter sequel so quickly. But by the sounds of it we could have a new TS game next year!!!!! I would love this to be true, really I would.

[Nintex]

Busty said:
I LOVE F*CKING LOVE FREE RADICAL AND THE TIMESPLITTER SERIES....

I thought that since FR were so busy with the next Star Wars:Battlefront game for Lucasarts it could be years before we see another TS.

Seriously I had no idea that we could be getting a TimeSplitter sequel so quickly. But by the sounds of it we could have a new TS game next year!!!!! I would love this to be true, really I would.
Well HAZE is almost done right?
compared to their roots: RARE. FRD is a pretty efficient company it seems

DieH@rd

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Also at the back of the mag where the release date for next issue is, there is always a pic in background of what front cover is going to be to do with. This one has Snake and then
1972-2015

Damn. I cant wait to see next e3 trailer... Some legends are ment to die.

If that Snake date is true and marks when he dies, thenthat's the dumbest shit theycould ever do. Unless Snake dies at the beginning of MGS4, they spoiled the game completely. WTF?

Mmmkay

Ynos Yrros said:
Yes thank you, that was the reason I put it in spoiler tags just in case. And there's nothing in the sentence to indicate what it was under the tag... but thanks anyway for explaining in detail exactly what's in the spoiler.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
More Timesplitters is always a good thing. I felt they had just got the hang of it with TS3 and was hoping there would be a fourth.

And I'm glad I'm not a Metal Gear Solid fan or I'd have to kill Ynos Yrros...Since I'm not I find his need to explain the obvious quite hilarous!

Kiljaro

^^^ Beat me to it.

WickedLaharl said:
wth snake is only 43 in mgs4?!
Solid Snake is a genetic clone of Big Boss and in the Metal Gear universe clones age faster than normal humans do. Thus him being old as shit in 4.

Are you kidding me? After talking so much shit about how Bungie wasn't making a game that "matters" like they are with Haze, they turn around and make another silly TimeSplitters? Wow have they got their heads in the sand.

Top Bottom