• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK - November 2008 (LBP Review)

Mmmkay

But 99% those playing the beta should know the score anyway. :D

17tq85.jpg

Rumour Machine
* The PS3 2.5 Firmware will come with a screen-grab function so you can send game images to friends.
* Who wants to be the Daddy? The as yet still unannounced Bioshock 2 will have a multiplayer mode.
* The team at Rockstar Games responsible for the PSP version of The Warriors is working on Max Payne 3.
* EA will publish ex-Vivendi project, Jack Black's Brutal Legend.
* Pandemic's rumoured sandbox-style Batman game has been cancelled due to reasons of rubbishness.
* Like your gore in bite-sized chunks? The sequel to zombie basher Dead Rising will be episodic.
* Sci-fi shooter Crysis will be coming to PS3 in 2009, and it'll bring a whole load of new content with it.

Gut Reaction
* Not so long now: Sony's super-sexy secret game to be revealed at the Tokyo Games Show in October. We're ready with the big words.
* Smashing Idea: Smashing Pumpkins to début their new single called G.L.O.W. - as part of a three-song GH World Tour Download.
* Leading Edge: Mirror's Edge dev team confirms that PS3 is lead platform, and PSN will get exclusive content. We heart you too, Faith.
* Nuclear disaster?: A couple of fence-sitting previews (from people who've played it for half an hour) and the knives are out for Fallout 3. Ignore the haters - we still say it's astonishing.

PS3
LitttleBigPlanet - 10
Pro Evo Soccer 2009 - 9
TNA Impact - 7
Fracture - 6
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - 7
NHL 2K9 - 8
WipEout HD - 9
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 7
Afrika - 7
** Japanese Import Review: Either way, Afrika is an interesting experiment, and it's a shame there are currently no plans to release it beyond Japan. **

Pure - 7

PS2
Yakuza 2 - 8

Magazine also contains a Kratos LBP code. Comments on reviews forthcoming...

jmd494

I think everyone saw this coming from OPM...

What I'll be curious to see is:

- Will IGN give out it's third 10 in one year?
- How will Gamespot justify the 7.5 they're going to give this game?

carlosp

Banned
it would be a good idea to publish Dead rising 2 online only to get rid of all that restrictions in other countries.

rostocker

carlosp said:
it would be a good idea to publish Dead rising 2 online only to get rid of all that restrictions in other countries.
Yea, so that the people from some countries won't be able to buy it. GREAT idea!

carlosp

Banned
rostocker said:
Yea, so that the people from some countries won't be able to buy it. GREAT idea!

i am from germany and i can buy stuff from the US store, japanese store, HK store and uk store. Whats the problem if the game gets released on us store for example? I can still buy the game.

rostocker

carlosp said:
i am from germany and i can buy stuff from the US store, japanese store, HK store and uk store. Whats the problem if the game gets released on us store for example? I can still buy the game.
I am also thinking about XBLM.

Concept17

Justin Dailey said:

-Yes
-Yes

EDIT: Any word on Fat Princess info?

Mmmkay said:
* Pandemic's rumoured sandbox-style Batman game has been cancelled due to reasons of rubbishness.

EA must be kicking themselves for botching this project, after seeing the movie's grosses. Well, they still have the Batmovie license, as far as I know; I'm sure they'll try again.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Justin Dailey said:

-no
-no

FF_VIII said:
PES got a 9?

Looks like the king is back.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Reviewers fall over themselves to fellate PES because they're "supposed" to, because it's so long been accepted that it's the "best". PES 2008 also scored 9/10 in OPM UK, which really says all that will ever need to be said on the matter.

Amir0x

Banned
Plus PES never left, for I can't believe I'd say it but actually the Wii version was really good and much better than the 360 version.

pswii60

LBP is definitely worthy of the 10/10. The BETA is incredible!
Afrika - 7
I'd now like us to revisit the large amount of 'EuroGamer are just biased' comments in the EG review thread.

Anyway, not buying this magazine. £5.99 is a fucking rip off for this shitty mag. Even the much lower subscription cost is a rip off. The only thing this mag has going for it is it's just a tad better than OXM UK. Edge and GamesTM all the way for me.

Amir0x said:
Plus PES never left, for I can't believe I'd say it but actually the Wii version was really good and much better than the 360 version.

The Wii version was fantastic. A completely different game.

PS2 PES 2008 was a much better arcade kickaround than its next-gen counterparts, too.

FabCam

pswii60 said:
LBP is definitely worthy of the 10/10. The BETA is incredible!

I'd now like us to revisit the large amount of 'EuroGamer are just biased' comments in the EG review thread.

Anyway, not buying this magazine. £5.99 is a fucking rip off for this shitty mag. Even the much lower subscription cost is a rip off. The only thing this mag has going for it is it's just a tad better than OXM UK. Edge and GamesTM all the way for me.

Does not compute. OPM UK is the best source for PlayStation news. They get loads of exclusives plus everything is well written.

Duke Togo

Strange, I thought Afrika was shown at E3 some years ago? Too bad that I'll have to import it. (My wife was interested in it).

Mmmkay said:

* Sci-fi shooter Crysis will be coming to PS3 in 2009, and it'll bring a whole load of new content with it.

Magazine also contains a Kratos LBP code. Comments on reviews forthcoming...

Bring the bitch man, Ill get this game again if it has new content... look, FC2 proves crysis could be on consoles in some form...they need to make the transfer to shut those people up who thought the game was just about graphics...so damn good

Steroyd

The levels i've seen with a limited tool set, is simply incredible.
There are no words to describe LBP's awesomeness.

Disclaimer: OPM inflate Playstation scores, as they are official to the playstation brand, any scores they give, plus Pro Evo, which they always drool over wether or not it's a piece of turd, does not in anyway reflect the general consensus of said games.

And I shall sign any petition that goes against any website that doesn't give LBP a 10. :p

JDSN said:
Why are they commenting about a rumored sequel of Xbox360/Wii game?

Why not? Capcom has said that they aren't going to do exclusives anymore. So if a DR2 does happen then it's going to be on the PS3.

"Pure" is crap, if you've got a PS3 just wait for Motorstorm 2, or till they do the menu change for Motorstorm 1 and get that cheap instead.

spwolf

Steroyd said:
The levels i've seen with a limited tool set, is simply incredible.
There are no words to describe LBP's awesomeness.

Disclaimer: OPM inflate Playstation scores, as they are official to the playstation brand, any scores they give, plus Pro Evo, which they always drool over wether or not it's a piece of turd, does not in anyway reflect the general consensus of said games.

And I shall sign any petition that goes against any website that doesn't give LBP a 10. :p

Pro Evo is now PS3 exclusive? Interesting.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
travisbickle said:
"Pure" is crap, if you've got a PS3 just wait for Motorstorm 2, or till they do the menu change for Motorstorm 1 and get that cheap instead.
Menu change?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
No Means Nomad said:
A positive review from a platform-specific exclusive cover story review?

Unbelievable!
You see in this case the game deserves an 11 :D So it scored too low man!

Geezer said:
Menu change?

It was in one of the "Home" videos; if you setup an online game through Home, you get a quick screen menu, which is 2D sprites of all the tracks, tournaments, and vehicles, meaning you can quickly select your game. I think/hope they're going to patch it into the offline game too.

____

travisbickle said:
It was in one of the "Home" videos; if you setup an online game through Home, you get a quick screen menu, which is 2D sprites of all the tracks, tournaments, and vehicles, meaning you can quickly select your game. I think/hope they're going to patch it into the offline game too.

Oh, no its like that in Motorstorm already for online races...just not offline. (without using HOME)

Major fuckup, but its fixed in MS: PR.

I doubt they're going to change it for offline races in the original.

Top Bottom