• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Optional PS3 System Software Update incoming (v4.11)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The optional ones are always strange to me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

Later tonight we’ll be releasing an optional system software update (v4.11) for PlayStation 3. This minor firmware improves certain aspects of system software, and is not mandatory to connect to PSN.

Again, this update is optional in the US and Canada, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.

If you plan on making a sandwich for dinner, why not update?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wasn't the last firmware just a week ago x_x? Sheesh! But this ones optional so I dun gotta bother with it so I can't complain. But still what the heck Sony.

Spocker

I hope it fixes the HDMI sync thingy that has been broken since the last patch. Hate having to turn on the TV and amplifier manually every time I'm going to play.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Later tonight we’ll be releasing an optional system software update (v4.11) for PlayStation 3. This minor firmware improves certain aspects of system software, and is not mandatory to connect to PSN.

I just turned on my PS3, and was not auto logged, tried to log in manually and it says that an update is required. Optional my ass. Why is it optional just in a few countries and not others, FUCK YOU SONY, NOW I HAVE TO WAIT.

And it's downloading so slow.

And then, i'll have to download a 1.8gb patch for Disgaea 4. fuuuuck.

Neifirst

I'm a plus member, and when I turned on my system, 4.11 was already downloaded and installed. Last night, I queued up Battle Fantasia, Far Cry 2, Mass Effect 3, and Binary Domain, for download, and I noticed that they were not only downloaded, but also installed. Didn't you used to have to separately install the little bubbles after downloading? Maybe that's the change. I got Simpsons Arcade last week, but I honestly don't remember if I had to go through that extra step or not.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm a plus member, and when I turned on my system, 4.11 was already downloaded and installed. Last night, I queued up Battle Fantasia, Far Cry 2, Mass Effect 3, and Binary Domain, for download, and I noticed that they were not only downloaded, but also installed. Didn't you used to have to separately install the little bubbles after downloading? Maybe that's the change. I got Simpsons Arcade last week, but I honestly don't remember if I had to go through that extra step or not.

If you leave it on the download screen in the PS Store, games will auto-install. If you exit back to the XMB while downloading, they won't.

Zzoram

What's the point of an optional update if you don't provide patch notes? How are people supposed to know what they are opting in or out of?

Kerrby

Banned
From Australia, wouldn't let me sign into PSN without downloading the update.

Dumb, update does nothing. Should be optional for all regions.

Top Bottom