• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Organize & Storage of Consoles + Games

sainraja

I am curious to see how everyone here organizes and stores their games and consoles. When it comes to consoles, mostly older ones so they are easily accessible when needed but packed when not.

I do expect that most people have them all hooked up but if you were to store them, how would you or how do you do that already.

Let me know.

Ubername

Banned
DVD-Style game boxes go in a sock drawer of an armoire I have, got a few stacks of games in there, mostly PS2/360 and a fuckton of manuals. Old consoles tend to stay out because a lot of them aren't very big, say the slim PS2 which has been sitting atop my TV box since idek when. The PS3 is a behemoth though and that shit stays in the basement.

The game drawer has no indexing or ordering, unfortunately. I should work on that.

Shifty

Most of my library is digtal, so I have a small selection of game boxes ordered by platform in the unit under my TV. That's where the OG Xbox lives too.

All of my other consoles (360, PS3, Wii U, PS4) are hooked up to my PC, so they live off in a corner under my desk. I run them into the PC via capture card and Durante's PtBi, then output to the TV via HDMI.

I do have all of my consoles hooked up and in working order, 2/3's in the living room of my apartment and the retro stuff in the 2nd bedroom. Where as before in my last house I had the basement which was the dedicated gaming room. I prefer physical media so housing all of it has always been about lots and lots of GNEDBY Ikea shelves (formerly BENNO shelves) I'm up to about 13-14 of them. That currently holds my 1000+ game collection spanning from the Atari 2600 to current gen consoles plus my blu-ray's.

I recently did a provincial move (I am Canadian) which was probably the equivalent of moving a couple states over. I didn't have boxes for all my old consoles so I found that the Shaw Cable modem boxes worked perfectly to box the old consoles individually so nothing was damaged.

Top Bottom