• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Coming to Switch on September 27

Mista

Banned

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is coming to Switch on September 27, publisher Microsoft and developer Moon Studios announced.

The Microsoft-owned platform adventure game was first released for Xbox One and PC in March 2015, followed by the Definitive Edition in March 2016.

Gematsu

Last edited:

Shifty

Ori and the Bling Forest, you say?

tumblr_nwi4segvtI1u8vay0o3_400.gif

brian0057

Banned
This is pretty cool but I just can't stop wondering what's Microsoft's endgame here.
As far as I can tell, Nintendo is the one benefiting the most out of this partnership.
Is the Big N preparing something for Xbox and we just don't know it yet?

VAL0R

Banned
This game is awesome. Glad Nintendo fans get to play it now.

Edit:

I've read that MS owns the Ori IP, but I don't think they own the Cuphead IP. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Murr

Already played through it a few times on PC, but if they release a physical version i will gladly get it again. Such a beautiful game and the controls are spot on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pretty impressive that they're able to do full 60fps with this game, I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Diablo III port where the in-game textures will scale down dynamically.

Looking forward to playing this again, and having it on the go is a huge plus.

royox

oh mannn! FINALLY I get to experience this beauty.
Great news. More people need to play this amazing game. It’s up there with Hollow Knight for best modern metroidvania.
Really happy to finally getting to play this game!
I’d recommend it to any Switch owners who haven’t played it yet.
The title is perfect. ✨

Interested in playing this game for myself. I've heard good things.

I don't understand those posts. The game has been on PC since 2015, it's not very demanding on resources and it's beatable in less than 10 hours. It's been on steam for less than 10 bucks. If you wanted to experience the game what was stopping you? (Sincere question).

ps: I'm 100% in for but a fair price.

Wonko_C

I don't understand those posts. The game has been on PC since 2015, it's not very demanding on resources and it's beatable in less than 10 hours. It's been on steam for less than 10 bucks. If you wanted to experience the game what was stopping you? (Sincere question).

There are lots of people who only own smartphones and don't need PCs for anything in their lives.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Not sure if serious.

Microsoft is willing to bring their games to other platforms, Nintendo is known for keeping their IPs close to their chest, so the chance of something like that happening anytime soon is less than zero.

I'm not making any predictions here, but Nintendo has started bringing their IPs to mobile. There's not a huge difference between putting stuff out on other platforms like iOS/Android and PC. Do I think it'll happen? ehh probably not, but I didn't expect Microsoft to suddenly open up with PC ports and Nintendo platform support either.

royox

There are lots of people who only own smartphones and don't need PCs for anything in their lives.

Hmm that's a possibility.

I don't play on PC. 🤷‍♀️

I only play on console

But would you rather NEVER play a game you know it's good than giving it a try on a platform you already own? This is weird for me. I also prefer console but If there's a game that I want that's on PC+Xbone (i don't have a Xbone) I play it on PC if that's my only choice.

Last edited:

engstra

I only play on console

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I’ve played it myself already. A lot of people don’t game on PC or even have a PC though. I have a friend who only owns a PS4 and Switch for example. He hasn’t owned a PC since smartphones became a thing.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
But would you rather NEVER play a game you know it's good than giving it a try on a platform you already own? This is weird for me. I also prefer console but If there's a game that I want that's on PC+Xbone (i don't have a Xbone) I play it on PC if that's my only choice.
I already accept that I won't be able to play every game. In fact, I know that even if I took all of the "great" games out there, I'd never be able to play them all, let alone beat them all, let alone replay my favorites.

So if a game is on PC, I'll take a look and maybe it'll be really cool, but I don't have any genuine interest unless it's available on a platform I own. Furthermore, I often scratch these games off "the list" after a few months when I realize I already have a good equivalent in my collection and/or there's something better out there.

Birdo

Banned
Congrats to Switch owners and all, but it's one of the worst/overrated games I played this generation.

Luckily I got it free with my XBO.

WindomURL

Played through this a couple times on Steam. Might just do it again on Switch.

This, Hollow Knight, and Bloodstained are the current reigning heavyweights in the genre.

tkscz

A lot of people don't play games on their PCs. Even then, Ori would still need some form of graphics card or integrated graphics on the level of an AMD 2400G. So this works out better for those people

Paltheos

Congrats to Switch owners and all, but it's one of the worst/overrated games I played this generation.

Luckily I got it free with my XBO.

Contest between this and Mario Odyssey for me. I don't know. I haven't really thought about it too much.

I do know that I felt compelled to write a Steam review when I was done lol. I did not enjoy myself.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Along with Cuphead, this is one of two games I own for Xbox One. I will double-dip for Switch.

At least this time I know to wait for the sequel on Switch so I don't need to buy it twice.

Top Bottom