• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Limited Edition for PC Listed on Amazon (Nordic Games)

71j3pqt2uBL._SL1280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F2EAJVS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Spotted by blacksark over in the OT for the game. Hopefully we'll see a console release as well but I'll take what I can get. Seems to include a Steelbook, the game's soundtrack, postcards, game manual and a poster.

Going off that same listing Ori is also getting a regular physical print on PC from Nordic Games as well.

Nordic Games? Why is Microsoft not involved?

Seems like a case of Microsoft giving them publishing duty. It's something that MS has allowed plenty of times before with various franchises. Examples are:

Blue Dragon
Crimson Skies mobile
Ninety Nine Nights 2

Steam or Windows 10 store key though?

Hopefully neither or at least have the disc have a DRM free version of the game on it in addition to a code. Don't know if that would fly with MS after the Shadowrun stuff though; took work from Harebrained Schemes to get MS to approve DRM free versions of the game to be made available.

I preordered it and today I received a delivery date confirmation from Amazon. Hoewever when trying to check the item it gives me a 404 error. Did they make a mistake or is the problem on my side?

Justinh

I preordered it and today I received a delivery date confirmation from Amazon. Hoewever when trying to check the item it gives me a 404 error. Did they make a mistake or is the problem on my side?
That's weird. Yeah, I got the delivery date email too.
They took down the listing. What was the price?
30 clams. I wonder why it's down.
Maybe they were limited as eff... (this is a joke)

neonglow

That's weird. Yeah, I got the delivery date email too.

30 clams. I wonder why it's down.
Maybe they were limited as eff... (this is a joke)

That's not bad. It'd be $24 after Prime discount.

It'd be great if it came with a DRM free copy as well as a Steam code. If it's just a Steam code, it would just become a Steelbook for the soundtrack.

Soodanim

That is a lovely looking steelbook. I'll pick this up digitally eventually, I've heard too many good things not to. Isn't it a Metroidvania style game?

Justinh

That's not bad. It'd be $24 after Prime discount.

It'd be great if it came with a DRM free copy as well as a Steam code. If it's just a Steam code, it would just become a Steelbook for the soundtrack.

Yeah, there was a 6 dollar Prime discount, sales tax and shipping bumped it back up to 24 and change for me. I think the shipping charge is waived when they actually send it out. I'm not sure.

Coxy100

Banned
just a quick bump to say the image has changed (I think) on amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01EZMR1BO/

Slightly different colours to the image in the OP and has 'moon studios' etc listed on the cover...

Can't wait to find out more about this. Just praying this comes out in the UK. even if it's just PC (and not xbox one) I'll buy the PC version just so Ori is on my shelf :)

Het_Nkik

Has anyone's pre-order shipped yet?

There seems to be some kind of delay on the Limited Edition. My tracking says:

"Delivery date pending
You'll get an email as soon as we can provide you with a delivery estimate."

EDIT: Since poster below is talking about GBP, I should mention I'm talking about in the US here for my copy.

XaosWolf

Got mine in today! =D

Even though I already own it and have just completed the DE on hard mode I still couldn't pass it up at £20.

Very pretty and I don't own the soundtrack yet.

Justinh

Sorry to bump this, but I just got an email earlier tonight which told me that:

Your new estimated delivery date is: Thursday, June 30, 2016 - Thursday, July 7, 2016

which is strange that it gives me a range since it still says "One Day Prime shipping."
Anyone else get this, or has everyone already gotten theirs?
Got mine in today! =D

Even though I already own it and have just completed the DE on hard mode I still couldn't pass it up at £20.

Very pretty and I don't own the soundtrack yet.
I'm just gonna say... I'm a little jelly you already got yours.

Coxy100

Banned
Mine arrived today. Bought from Play Asia.

Don't quite understand how it all came together .... (Xbox One version so is US only?) but it left Hong Kong on Wednesday, then visited Dubai and Germany before hitting the UK today.

Very impressed with UPS delivery!

Top Bottom