• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest [Moon Studios, PC/Xbox One/Xbox 360]

I don't know if this was posted yet but this video is pretty good. The first guy playing sucks but after he switches the other guy progresses through the game.

Thank you guys so much for the encouraging words... E3 has been CRAZY for us so far! We've been working on Ori in secret for 4 years and it's so good to finally see people play it. Hope I'll meet some of you at the show floor, I'd love for ALL of you to get the chance to play it!! Thank you!

Oh: website is up now: http://www.oriblindforest.com

Thanks so much for all the awesome support, guys. And thanks to everyone who visited us at the showfloor. As I told people here, I was a little scared that people would just see Ori as an artsyfartsy indie game that'd make people cry, but man, we've spent so much time on design and trying to perfect the controls and the gameplay... really appreciate all the kind words and the absolute best is to see people smiling as they walk away after they played the game. I don't know what it is, but you guys are all awesome, thank you so much! :)

The reveal trailer was awesome, and from what I've seen the gameplay looks like my cup of tea. (Skill tree, hidden treasures, 2D puzzles.) Very high chances I buy this day one on PC.

bidguy

Banned
man i thought this game would be a total borefest but it looks amazing

i assume this is first party ?

edit: watched some footage. buying this day one

zeopower6

While doing some The Last Guardian snooping, it looks like some of the Team ICO members who were watching this E3 really liked the look of this game :eek:~

ethomaz

Banned
I don't if it was already posted but I just talked with the devs yesterday via email and they confirmed the game is coming to PC/XB1/360 and that MS own the IP.

;)

This game is coming out on 360, right? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere outside of this thread, including that Polygon piece. Just want to confirm.

wouwie

This is probably my most anticipated game ever. As a fan of platform games, this looks like a dream come true.

I need to start thinking on how i will play this since i don't own an Xbox One and not really intended to buy one. I'm curious which kind of pc would be required to play this. I'm thinking of buying a controller and hooking up my pc to the tv for this.

Ravidrath

Saw this at E3 and talked to the devs for a bit.

Devs were great and really informative. Most interestingly, they don't have an office, but all work remotely and are scattered around the world. Should've followed up to ask about how they track tasks, etc.

Also, I cannot stress enough now much better the game looks in person than in video. Virtually all of the detail in the level art gets compressed out in video, and it makes it look like a different game.

Nbz

I was already on board but that IGN Live demo has MORE than sold me. He cites LTTP and Super Metroid AND Super Meat Boy as influences. The art style is fucking gorgeous, the atmosphere is amazing, the story promises a fantasy tale with human emotions. The world is huge and open with no load times, you can save anywhere, the mechanics are sooo smooth and solid and aasuhdaiuhwdoauehdoauehdfaoeuhfoaeufhaoeuh. I'm stunned.

I think this may be my game of show, and for it to beat some of Nintendo's offerings is HUGE for me.

Nbz

Steam for sure. They haven't mentioned it yet, but look at games like Mark of the Ninja, Dust, Max and so on.

Yeah true. If your game is being showcased at a Microsoft press conference, you should have no trouble getting on to steam

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Thank you guys so much for the encouraging words... E3 has been CRAZY for us so far! We've been working on Ori in secret for 4 years and it's so good to finally see people play it. Hope I'll meet some of you at the show floor, I'd love for ALL of you to get the chance to play it!! Thank you!

Oh: website is up now: http://www.oriblindforest.com

Hey Thomas. You and the team should be very proud, the game looks absolutely gorgeous and the gameplay seems very crisp. Can't wait to play it :D

RCSI

Really good to play and stellar art from what I played. I will definitely pick it up when it's released.

Just returned from E3 with a killer jetlag (went to bed at 3am, up at 6am...) and just want to thank everyone again for all the positive comments!

We'll be releasing new information about Ori soon. I think the biggest thing we have to tackle is that we've only shown the earlier gameplay bits, so you guys haven't yet seen any of the crazy abilities and innovative ideas we bring to the table in regards to platforming and storytelling.

What's interesting to me is that we had soooo many people coming up to us and commenting on how emotional they felt about the trailer we made... you guys have no idea how much we appreciate comments like that. As a developer, you never know exactly what people will think of your game until it's being announced and just this one shot has made a lot of people feel emotionally connected to our characters, which is sensational and really humbling.

I can't wait to see what all of you guys think when you finally get your hands on it and go through the entire thing and experience the full story. At the end, it'll have been an emotional ride not just for us at Moon Studios, but hopefully also for you guys, playing the game.

Thanks so much again for all the positivity, it's AMAZING and hugely motivational to hear your guys thoughts!

im not feeling the orb to fight. i got bored of dust from all the orb stuff.

Did you get a chance to try it?

There's a reason why we did it this way... I never liked the clumsiness of Metroids control scheme, trying to align yourself with enemies and the L/R button stuff to shoot diagonally always felt pretty awkward to me. On top of that, Oris controls are fast and precise, so the gameplay really revolves way more around evading enemies and their projectiles and trying to understand their behavior, landing a few hits when they're vulnerable, etc. - the last thing you want to do during fast gameplay is to try to precisely align yourself with enemies.

We tried all of that though, so I'm confident that the decision we made here was the best for the game we're making :)

Top Bottom