• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest - new gameplay video

Llamadeus

Banned
As soon as he said Metroidvania, I whispered to myself "day one". I'm a little ashamed that I actually used that term, lol.

edit: lol^

I have nothing against other people using it of course.

Hedge

The backgrounds look stunning, even though there isn't a lot of variation in the atmosphere of the levels. But I guess that doesn't matter if the level design is varied enough.
I might just get this on the PC, even though it's been a while since I've played a platformer on a PC.

Dunkley

Demo'd it last week, I really can just recommend this to everyone. It ran a bit choppy on the Bone occasionally, but the gameplay is good regardless and the art style looks incredible, so the game is shaping up to be really good. Especially the animations are really well done.

Soo, Day 1 for me as well.

Moff

It's a very pretty game, but I hope it delievers in the gameplay department, too. will wait for reviews and GAF impressions.

Effer

Huzzah, a second game to buy this year! I was afraid Shovel Knight was going to be my only game purchase in 2014.

Dabanton

Looks great. I especially like that the previewer said not to let the cute look fool you into thinking the game is easy. He said it gets quite complex.

That + metroid mentions has me looking forward to this. I'd actually forgotten this was out this year.

Doffen

That music and art style!

P4wdV1Y.gif

This is gonna be awesome! Apparently a group of Alaskan Natives from different Tribes worked together to find the inspiration of this game. I'm not sure how much of a contribution they all gave in terms of game development though. I just thought that it was a neat occurence in video games. Very unique in my eyes.

When Ori comes out on Steam, ima snatch it up and ruuunnn.

h3ro

Looks amazing. I hope there is a definitive fix for the XBO black crush issue, this game has way too much detail that is going to be lost!

Azlan

This looks excellent. Glad this game doesn't look to be style over substance. Love the art and sound design from what I have seen so far. No concrete release date yet eh?

The day i saw this game is the day i said, day one !

Looks good, i'm in the need for a good 2d platformer adventure game, this looks like it's my kind of stuff !

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm guessing this will drop in December since there's still no date. This and Lara Croft as back to back downloadable games at the end of the year will be nice.

I'll be grabbing this on my Xbone. Looks fantastic.

It does look a bit simple, but that also means it's something I can play with my kids.

cuc

This is gonna be awesome! Apparently a group of Alaskan Natives from different Tribes worked together to find the inspiration of this game. I'm not sure how much of a contribution they all gave in terms of game development though. I just thought that it was a neat occurence in video games. Very unique in my eyes.

When Ori comes out on Steam, ima snatch it up and ruuunnn.

Are you talking about another game, Never Alone?

Brofield

This might have almost sold me on an Xbone, but at least it's coming to PC, and my laptop should be able to handle it.

All the same, I'm excited for this. Great time to be an indie game fan.

Yes, it´s absolutely stunning. Fluid animations, great presentation.
Good for everyone that has an Xbox One. Microsoft has a winner here.

Top Bottom