• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps E3 trailer

Hahahaha, can't wait to tell you guys more about Will of the Wisps! We've been working our butts off and it's already something really special :) Can't wait to show more - we'll talk a little about it on the Xbox Daily Show!

Looks really great. Hopefully you can knock it out of the park like you did with the first one.

Is this still on Unity? Mindblown if true. The detail and depth of scenes blow the original game out of the water, which was already insane for a 2D game. Ori is the best thing Microsoft brought to the industry this gen for sure.

Does the Windows 10 exclusive mean it won't come to Steam but only Windows Store? Hopefully the PC release doesn't get a major delay again like the first Ori :'(

The original releases simultaneously on PC, just the definitive edition got a month delay.

messiaen

Hahahaha, can't wait to tell you guys more about Will of the Wisps! We've been working our butts off and it's already something really special :) Can't wait to show more - we'll talk a little about it on the Xbox Daily Show!

Can't wait to hear more! Easily my most anticipated game now.

Around what time is this daily show?

Exentryk

bg01.jpg

bg02.jpg

bg03.jpg

bg04.jpg

bg05.jpg

bg06.jpg

bg07.jpg

Fredrik

Amaaazing visuals, wow! Game of the show for me. Even that short trailer almost got me teary eyed. So beatiful, both visually and musically. Can't wait to see how it plays!

Jobbs

Banned
We 2.5D now? Or are the graphics just that good?

Thomas or other devs could correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding as a lesser dev is that the first game was made in Unity, and essentially was a bunch of 2D assets arranged in a 3D space.

I would imagine it's still going to be a similar technique -- that would be my guess -- but, again, I have no actual first hand knowledge. Just making a semi educated guess.

DemWalls

Hmmm....not really sure what to think.
I don't think the new style looks that good?

Edit: I mean, it still looks good just not as good as the first game

I think the little we've seen definitely looks better than the first game, of which I barely remember anything. It didn't really impress me, for some reason.

Wuiji

Legit started crying (which surprised me) as soon as I saw Gareth Coker on piano and saw the undeniably-Ori graphics. Ori and the Blind Forest touched me in a way very few games have. The rest of E3 can suck and I'll be happy.

Yeah, Ori and the Blind Forest hit with 'all the feels' from the very start. Felt overwhelmed by emotions watching the launch trailer all those years ago, always well up at the start, the middle and the end of the game no matter how many times I play it. It's really a masterpiece in storytelling to make you feel so much for the characters where dialogue isn't a factor at all. Even the end of this launch trailer had me welling up a little bit.

The combination of the music, the art style, and the character design is just absolutely fantastic. Ori and the Blind Forest has easily been one of my favourite games of the generation so far, so I'm really excited about getting more of it.

Top Bottom