• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
How large of a download is it?
8gb

There was update to XBL policies few days ago. I think you need to accept changes to login.
i can't do anything untill i get past this nonsense.
NDwDX.png

Cp4jj.png

Ledsen

I think you should create a new account, possibly with a different email address. Then who cares if they ban that account.

Oh and if you have gmail and you have x@gmail.com remember that x+whatever@gmail.com (with an actual "+" symbol) also goes to the same account but is treated as a new email address by Origin. But if you want to be cautious you may want to use y@gmail.com instead (an actual new account).

Like I wrote, I already did this. So it's too late. I'm mainly worried about the fact that I used a fake US address and not a real one. If I do get banned, that's bye-bye Origin for me so I suspect it will be EA's loss since I was opening up to buying new games there.

Has anyone heard of any cases where Europeans got banned from Origin for buying games from the US store using fake addresses?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Was only able to snag 3 games using that non-login trick.

Now every game demands credit card information. Seems like they fixed something.

Codeblue

Like I wrote, I already did this. So it's too late. I'm mainly worried about the fact that I used a fake US address and not a real one. If I do get banned, that's bye-bye Origin for me so I suspect it will be EA's loss since I was opening up to buying new games there.

Has anyone heard of any cases where Europeans got banned from Origin for buying games from the US store using fake addresses?

My Origin account started off as me using a fake European address and a proxy to get a free copy of Burnout Paradise and it never got banned or suspended.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Is the Origin Store down for anyone else (accessing the store through the Origin client and not using a web browser)?

Managed to get Dead Space 2 by making another account. Would of liked Crysis warhead and Dragon Age 2 but i don't want to make 2 more accounts to get them.

Enco

Asks for CC info now (for Crysis).

Would have been nice to be able to get Arkham City but that doesn't work at all.

HardRojo

Now the real question, has any of you actually started playing the games you snagged? Or did they just go straight to the backlog? :p

isual

I'm assuming that EA will remove these games that were acquired for free in a few weeks/months. This happened to me when I got TERA for free one time; long story.

HardRojo

I only grabbed ME1, ME2 and Hot Pursuit, still waiting for ME2 to be done so I can start playing or at least try since this computer is really old. (Must upgrade next year!)

AlexBasch

Now the real question, has any of you actually started playing the games you snagged? Or did they just go straight to the backlog? :p
Just played some Medal Of Honor, even in multiplayer it actually did work.

And I bought Hot Pursuit but can't remember for the life of me which account I used to buy it haha.

Croc

Banned
I am trying everything to try and get Dragon Age Origins because I have 0 interest in playing 2 unless I can play the first one beforehand.

Edit: Haaaaaaaallelujah got it finally!

Tenck

Now I remember why I don't use Origin much. I always have to go into the Origin Games folder and install it myself because Origin sucks at it.

I got all three of my games in my account. So I'm not too unhappy with Origin.

Ok so playing with this for the past few hours I've come to these conclusions: (This is as of NOW)

Use this link: http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty

Use this code: OS3874XVC

You can get 3 free games per account.

You must add the game to your cart before logging in.

When you get to the final page after hitting checkout, just log in however.

You need to clear your cache/cookies after each purchase, or use an incognito browser tab like Chrome.

If it doesn't work, you either got your 3 games, or you didn't flush your cookies/cache.

I've tried multiple accounts, multiple login techniques, and I have yet to get a 4th free on a single account, but I have managed to get exactly 3 every time without much effort following those steps.

Late last night around midnight, many people were able to checkout multiple games at once, making the "3 game per account" not true. This has been fixed, as the code only takes the price off a single game when applied to a cart.

Ok so playing with this for the past few hours I've come to these conclusions:

Use this link: http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty

Use this code: OS3874XVC

You can get 3 free games per account.

You must add the game to your cart before logging in.

When you get to the final page after hitting checkout, just log in however.

You need to clear your cache/cookies after each purchase, or use an incognito browser tab like Chrome.

If it doesn't work, you either got your 3 games, or you didn't flush your cookies/cache.

I've tried multiple accounts, multiple login techniques, and I have yet to get a 4th free on a single account, but I have managed to get exactly 3 every time without much effort following those steps.

Some people here got like 20+

MDSLKTR

PSY・S;43161571 said:
I can't even click on anything though. I can't see any buttons to continue.

That's because gfwl is such a piece of shit program that that menu doesn't scale with your windows bigger fonts setting. Try putting your display fonts to 100% default if you changed them or try different resolutions. Once you click on next to finish the setup, you can revert back.

Some people here got like 20+

Yes, this was when the code/method was first posted around midnight. The code would work for multiple games all at once.

To clarify, what I posted is true NOW.

This means, if you got in early enough and had multiple games go through at once, you likely can do 2 more transactions, which are now limited to single games.

Top Bottom