• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Origin) Watch_Bomba: Indian edition - 59% off Watch_Dogs PC pre-order, can VPN

rather have it on steam, but this price is to good to pass up. Like, Passing up this price just to get it on steam means you don't care about money....so please, send me money.

Guri

There is no such language as Indian.
Jesus Christ guys, it's only the second largest country in the world, you'd expect to know at least the basic stuff about it.

For reference's sake, India has about 1400 regional dialects, and no overall one language; the closest thing to an 'Indian' language is Hindi, which is spoken by roughly 770 million people within the country. As a matter of fact, the unifying language throughout the country is English.

Oh, that's right! And the worst part is that I know about hindi! I must have messed up with the Indian people. It doesn't help being with headaches late at night. Sorry if I offended any Indian here!

UrbanRats

There is no such language as Indian.
Jesus Christ guys, it's only the second largest country in the world, you'd expect to know at least the basic stuff about it.

For reference's sake, India has about 1400 regional dialects, and no overall one language; the closest thing to an 'Indian' language is Hindi, which is spoken by roughly 770 million people within the country. As a matter of fact, the unifying language throughout the country is English.

Not that you're wrong there, but in my experience (anecdotal), when people say "Indian", they usually mean Hindi.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Did I do something wrong? The standard edition is showing as $40 for me.

Instructions are in the OP, you need to use the VPN.

Still showing correctly on my end

Jwi9tcR.png

Edit: Standard edition too
Toa9Zpn.png

Guri

Not that you're wrong there, but in my experience (anecdotal), when people say "Indian", they usually mean Hindi.

Still not the best idea, in my opinion. It'd be like to say that here in Brazil we speak "brazilian". But it's brazilian portuguese. Better to say what's correct.

Back to Watch Dogs: 20 GB of download! Wow!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Im correct in you cant use paypal for this right? everyone else who purchased this was not able to use their paypal right?

I was able to in the past but apparently it's not an option for this deal. Perhaps because it's a 3rd party game on Origin? Not sure why.

HowZatOZ

Banned
According to the store page, these are the languages supported: Český, Deutsch (DE), English (US), Español (ES), Français (FR), Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português (BR), Português (PT).

EDIT:

Not with Watch Dogs. Origin Great Game Guarantee: Not Eligible

Not with this. It even specifies in your cart that the game isn't eligible for that refund service through Origin. Probably because it's a Ubisoft game.

Ah I see, my bad there. I just remembered the policy update so thought it applied to every game.

scitek

I'm not able to select Paypal, either. I got the Indian price in the cart. It's not supposed to convert back to US dollars before checking out, is it?

I'm not able to select Paypal, either. I got the Indian price in the cart. It's not supposed to convert back to US dollars before checking out, is it?

it shouldn't. You wanna get to the "login" part THEN switch to US.

if your at the payment part and it's still showing the 1,499 then u should be good

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
no, I know you can use paypal on origin...I'm just meaning for this purchase. I wonder if it's cause it's India?

I just double checked and yeah, Paypal is not an option.

I believe my previous deal was from a Swedish location and it allowed it. Not certain why they're not allowing it for India.

Even after switching the VPN off and logging in the price will still be the Indian price.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

After logging in it should bring you to a screen that looks like this. The VPN is turned off by this point already.

6xMTgaL.png

UrbanRats

Still not the best idea, in my opinion. It'd be like to say that here in Brazil we speak "brazilian". But it's brazilian portuguese. Better to say what's correct.
Oh, absolutely, just noticing that fact, is all.
Similarly, i know a lot of people who tend to say "Chinese", instead of identifying the various dialects, and they usually refer to Mandarin with it (sort of a different scenario, but i think the mentality is the same, on a foreigner's part).

EDIT: Anyway, better close here the OT. :p

PranooY

Anybody worried that it's going to be some Indian vo and subtitled version?

Edit:
And if it does turn out to be that version is that anyway to get a refund/have them enable an English version?

All the games distributed in India are with English VO.
So you don't have to worry.

HT UK

"We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #4014]"

BAH

For some reason Origin isn't taking any of my cards. Wasn't meant to be.

edit: Remember when companies required you to enter your home phone number? Jesus who even has those anymore.

Hasney

Won't even get around to playing this for a while because of Mario Kart, but there's no way I'm turning this down.

Origin + UPlay = worst of both worlds

I'll take being double-teamed by demons for this price. I am a deal-whore, though.

Tak3n

Banned
l hope this helps someone

I had to do a whole different CC, I used this trick last year to get BF4 and for some reason it would not let me use it again

put a different CC in and it went through fine :)

Top Bottom