• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Origin) Watch_Bomba: Indian edition - 59% off Watch_Dogs PC pre-order, can VPN

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Deal link

You can use the chrome extension or Firefox add-on Hola Unblocker to set your location to India.

Go to the page, click the add-ons button and set your location to india
Add the game to your cart
go through check out up until log-in
At login, turn the VPN off and then enter your login details
Finish your purchase

People on Reddit have gotten it to work for them, and some contacted support who said they have no limitation on purchasing a game from one region and playing it in another.

Edit: You can also grab the standard edition for 58% off

Standard edition is ~$25 USD, Deluxe is ~$28.

Man I'm getting frustrated, following the instructions exactly and using all the reddit tips. Have a credit card I know that works is set as my primary method. I get on the Indian store, (not logged in), add Watch Dogs to my cart, check out, when I get to the log in screen I switch it back to US, but then I keep getting errors. Help?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Man I'm getting frustrated, following the instructions exactly and using all the reddit tips. Have a credit card I know that works is set as my primary method. I get on the Indian store, (not logged in), add Watch Dogs to my cart, check out, when I get to the log in screen I switch it back to US, but then I keep getting errors. Help?

That just happens sometimes. You should just try again.

I got NFS: Rivals using this method and that happened a couple times but eventually I was able to get through.

I have never used Origin. What is the disadvantage to using Origin?

It isn't Steam.

Honestly, most often people just like having all their purchases in one place. I'd prefer if all my games were in Steam but as software, Origin really isn't bad.

Nabs

It's probably a Uplay code. I wouldn't wish Uplay on my worst enemy.

If it's Uplay and Origin... hooo-boy.

BearPawB

Banned
worked for me.

Although the full amount has yet to be charged to my card. I just have a pending $1 transaction from origin

3hztiba.jpg

Paskil

Order is done, but says processing on the account details page never mind, it says processing because it isn't available for download yet. We'll see what happens. Either way, thanks for the heads-up. After seeing today's video, I'd much rather play this on PC than PS4. Especially since I can probably just use my DS4 to play it.

I tried Re-adding my card to Origin and now it wont take it at all. I deleted my card on steam and re added it to make sure the card is still working and it is, just bought some cheap DLC on Steam using it. Lulz Origin

Uplay on Steam sucks, but it's not as bad as solo-Uplay. Dealing with updates is a pain and some.
Yeah that shit sticks. I don't remember Origin having a terrible update process but it still didn't do it automatically like Steam does . Man, I really hate buying non-steam games (even GoG stuff) but this is a really good deal.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I tried Re-adding my card to Origin and now it wont take it at all. I deleted my card on steam and re added it to make sure the card is still working and it is, just bought some cheap DLC on Steam using it. Lulz Origin

I believe there is a paypal option which is the way I got through the last time I used this method.

It should be better.

Yeah that shit sticks. I don't remember Origin having a terrible update process but it didn't do it automatically. Man, I really hate buying non-steam games (even GoG stuff) but this is a really good deal.

As far as I know Origin does have an auto-update, but like Steam you'd just need to have it running in the background at all times so that it can update when needed.

I'll just put Origin shortcut in Steam so if I want to play Watch Dogs, I need to go through three stores before actually playing.
Oh shoot, forgot about that. I use big picture mode too much for that crap. I'll pass. I'll just wait for deals a few months after release.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I was just looking through Origins settings and learned about this, which is pretty self aware and cool of them.

yaeNSvH.png

Isn't this basically fraud? I would use a burner origin account if you are going to do this.

As always when doing these kinds of things, be as wary as you feel necessary. Myself and others have done this in the past and still have the games/no additional charges so there is a history of it being okay and people have contacted EA support about "buying games from other regions and playing them in different ones" and the stated stance on it is "we don't limit by region".

Paskil

You guys realize you'll probably get a currency conversion fee from whatever CC card you use, right?

I don't know if there are laws in countries regarding this, but my credit union has a 1% conversion fee. Still well worth the overall cost difference.

You guys realize you'll probably get a currency conversion fee from whatever CC card you use, right?

You don't get charge with a currency fee if you use Paypal as your payment method.

Wondering the same question.

Should I not use my main Origin account?

I used my main Origin account when buying Titanfall + Season Pass way before release, and BF4 Season pass from Origin's Mexico store. My account is still active and working. I am not blocked from the US Origin store either. I bought NFS the other day off of it.

Toski

If you buy on Origin, after you download and install the game, you can launch from Uplay without having Origin active at the same time.

Piggus

Hmmm I don't even have the option for Paypal and using my CC gives an error when I submit the order, (error #5000)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Even though its on Origin, I can not pass this up as an Australian gamer. We get stiffed so much on game prices it isn't funny, so who the hell cares. Also its $31 for Deluxe, are you people seriously complaining? The next cheapest is GMG, and even that is $50 with a 20% off coupon.

Top Bottom