• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Original) 3DS battery replacement, and Wii U gamepad battery

Jaagen

So my 3DS battery has started to bulge (I've read that it happens), and I'm looking for a replacement. I can get an official one on Amazon, but I've also looked at third-party batteries.

Are third-party batteries reliable, or should I avoid them due to potential (fire) hazards? I've been looking at this battery pack, and I must say that 5000 mAh sounds tempting. It also has good reviews.

And while we're on the subject of batteries, I want to buy a larger battery for my Wii U Gamepad. The official one is expensive as hell, and I'm also here looking into third-party options. Any tips?

I'll just say its incredibly rare that Ill use a third party battery. That are almost universally worse in some fashion, whether its it crapping out in a few months, not holding a charge very well, or (as you said) being a fire hazard.

Edit: This isn't to say there ARENT good third party batteries, just that I avoid them to save the headache.

Banned
Always use official batteries for Nintendo products. Especially Wii U. The Nyko ones sometimes have connection problems or lose their ability to hold charge quicker.

I used the extended official Wii U battery pack with no problems.

the official Gamepad extended battery is well worth the money.

my personal rule is never go third party with batteries and chargers.

Piscus

Yeah, I'm in the "only use official replacements" camp (ever since my 3rd party GCN memory card corrupted all of my game data... ALL of my game data). Both my 3DS and Wii U large battery replacements never had issues and were worth the extra price tag.

Jaagen

I see, and I kind of expected that as well. I'll purchase the 3DS battery right away, as it is the most urgent, but I'll get the official Wii U one later.

EDIT: The official Wii U battery is cheaper in Norway than on Amazon. That almost never happens.

L.O.R.D

for the original 3DS i am using nyko battery , it's very nice and have rubbery texture.
but if you install it you wont be able to use the circle pad pro.

nykobattlisting.jpg

NykoPowerPak+.jpg

Top Bottom