• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Bayonetta WILL BE available digitally on the eShop when you buy Bayonetta 2

Frodo

Bayonetta 2 Director Yusuke Hashimoto and Producer Akiko Curoda answer your questions on Facebook! The original version of Bayonetta will be available via a digital download on eShop when you purchase Bayonetta 2 (either a box version or digital copy of the game).

http://instagram.com/p/pKAve_MY_H/#

So, there you have it. You will be able to download Bayo2 and get your free copy of Bayonetta (in glorious 60fps and featuring new costumes) for free.

qTxfT7j.gif

Edit: Instagram link is dead. Link to Nintendo Console Gaming Facebook Page:

So... do they mean you get it digitally when you buy Bayo2 digitally, or if you buy the disc you get a code for the original digitally?

RE_Player

Instant buy now. Can't believe some people in the other thread were against this being available digitally. The more consumer choices the better.

Frodo

So... do they mean you get it digitally when you buy Payo2 digitally, or if you buy the disc you get a code for the original digitally?

Apparently, judging by the wording, makes it sound that you will get a download code whatever version you buy.

Edit: beaten like an angel.

Aeana

So... do they mean you get it digitally when you buy Bayo2 digitally, or if you buy the disc you get a code for the original digitally?
The former. This is in response to what was said two days ago about how Bayonetta 1 would not be bundled with the digital version of Bayonetta 2.

EDIT: Actually, re-reading it, I guess it's possible that it's digital regardless.

The way it read says that either way you decide to purchase Bayo 2 (physical or digital) you will get Bayo 1 digitally from the eShop. So everyone will get both games but the 1st game will be obtained through a download code.

Edit: beaten

Oh crap, Bayonetta 1 is a download? Well I hope my future Wii U doesn't go to shit or I can redeem it at my leisure, since I use my friend's Wii U for the moment.

HUELEN10

So Bayo 1 is gonna be a download code? Since the box says both games, I am totally cool with this (I'm kinda weird like that; if I have a download game, I NEED to have a box for it, if it ever hit retail. I'll spend good money on a damned empty box.).

Nice. Now all the people who said they are not buying a Wii U because of this can now buy one.

They weren't gonna buy a Wii u anyway, hate when I see posts like that

Glad to see the issue was resolved , good for people who never played the first but want digital

Eusis

The former. This is in response to what was said two days ago about how Bayonetta 1 would not be bundled with the digital version of Bayonetta 2.

EDIT: Actually, re-reading it, I guess it's possible that it's digital regardless.
I wonder if that's the quirk to this? Or there was some miscommunication, whichever.

Frodo

As I promised, I'll buy 2 copies anyway. Digital to play (I've been only buying digital for a while now), and the retail release to keep it framed on the wall.

I'm fine with it being digital only, I find I'm more digital nuts than ever, because it's so damn convenient to just pick what you want in the menu and then bam it's up.

jediyoshi

So it's 2 clarifications? That the retail copy will have Bayonetta 1 as a digital copy instead of on disc and that the eShop version of Bayonetta 2 will also include Bayonetta 1?

Jucksalbe

Banned
I hope I understood this wrong and Bayonetta 1 will actually be on the disc for the retail version. I guess I'd have to delete W101 from my HDD otherwise.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I wish Bayonetta 1 would be on a disc when you buy the physical copy of Bayonetta 2, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me.

I hope I understood this wrong and Bayonetta 1 will actually be on the disc for the retail version. I guess I'd have to delete W101 from my HDD otherwise.

I wish Bayonetta 1 would be on a disc when you buy the physical copy of Bayonetta 2, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Hoping for these as well. I'd prefer it on disc with Bayonetta 2 but It's not a deal breaker either, as I have my 360 disc as a backup.

linko9

That's good news. Call it stupid, but I'm buying all my wii U games digitally, so convenient (and 10% back).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, sort of knew this was some misunderstanding. Made 0 sense

Top Bottom