• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Crash Bandicoot composer (Josh Mancell) uploading on SoundCloud

Ash735

With major interest being focused on the Crash Bandicoot series once again thanks to the N. Sane Trilogy announcement and trailer, I thought it would be a good idea to post these here. Over the past few years Josh Mancell has been uploading the original pre-console mixes of games he has worked on over on his SoundCloud page. This also includes music from the Jak & Daxter series and Interstate 82. Sadly Josh isn't working on the remastered versions despite displaying interest in doing so AND making new music for newer Crash titles, and due to the rights nightmare that the original Crash Bandicoot games are in (between Naughty Dog, Sony and Activision), he hasn't been allowed to even release the music for sale on sites like bandcamp, etc. He has however been pushing what he's allowed to upload for free and including some unheard demos...

Crash Bandicoot 1
Crash Bandicoot: Main Theme
Tawna's Theme
Upstream
Hog Wild
Temple Ruins
Heavy Machinery
Generator Room
Toxic Waste
Slippery Climb
The Lab

Crash Bandicoot 1: BONUS
Crash Bandicoot: Main Theme [1996 DEMO]
Jungle Boulders [DEMO]
Komodo Joe [DEMO]
N. Brio [Japanese Version]

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 2: Main Theme
Warp Room
Coco's Theme
N. Brio's Theme
Turtle Woods
Ripper Roo
Bear It!
Sewer or Later
Komodo Bros
Tiny Tiger
Piston It Away ~Death Route~
Rock It
Neo Cortex's Theme

Crash Bandicoot: Warped!
Crash Bandicoot Warped!: Main Theme
Under Pressure
Midnight Run
Makin' Waves
High Time
Sphynxinator
Dingodile
N. Tropy
Future Frenzy
Future Bonus
N. Gin
Neo Cortex's Theme

Crash Bandicoot: Warped! BONUS
Under Pressure [DEMO]
Motorbike Skull Route [DEMO/UNUSED]

CTR: Crash Team Racing
CTR: Main Theme
Mystery Caves
Tiny Arena
N. Gin Labs
Hot Air Skyway

If you want to give the guy credit, he's often on his Facebook page and sometimes posts on Twitter.

Roo

Hmmm.. can someone reach to him and kindly ask him if he can upload Generator Room in HQ pls?
That's one of my favorites from the first game and it seems to be missing from his list.

SgtCobra

I discovered his Soundcloud quite a bit ago and was amazed by his works, the PS1-era Crash games have really memorable soundtracks and it's a shame he hasn't been able to release more. The biggest crime is that he cannot work on the remakes, the man is a genius in his art.

alexbull_uk

Love these old Crash soundtracks. Interesting to hear the pre-console mix and see exactly what they were intended to sound like.

Roo

Sphynxinator sounds really nice.
Lots of music details you can't really hear in-game

Tho Mancell, dude, upload Generator Room already
WFkTAft.gif

Jazzem

Hadn't heard these before, man it's neat hearing how different the pre-console remixes are. Kind of a shame they couldn't have just gone in as redbook audio, though I'm sure there were limitations preventing that

Top Bottom