• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
LOL

Well played! It was a hell of a ride.

Now give us some damn info, Nintendo! This is what you've driven us to :p

Acheteedo

Haha, wow... really impressive fake, same applies to the other pictures I guess?

It was too shit a console idea to be real I suppose, you can't double down on the Wii U approach after such a massive failure... I really started to believe though.

Nerokis

I don't believe it. This person went through the trouble of making an elaborate YouTube video, and is in touch with GAF's sensibilities. He knows how we're going to respond to this: time to eat crow, I knew it, this person is dumb, etc., etc. They're now in the process of making an even more elaborate video in preparation for E3, and will post it the moment Nintendo reveals the NX, taking back the take back and pulling the rug from under the people who suddenly felt superior to everyone else.

We're all being played with.

Clov

Well, they sure fooled me! In my defense, I didn't believe the first leak. It was the second one that got me!

The best part was people accusing those who thought it was fake or at least fishy as "grasping for straws."

eH9zgal.gif

Crzy1

Well, glad it was fake, looked insanely uncomfortable. Hopefully Nintendo has something a bit more ergonomic planned.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Obviously.
No idea why people believed that given how fake it looked.

Edit: at least the black version has some effort behind it.
Some people just love to see the world burn.

Well in this case Nintendo is the world... There were so many sad posts in the leak threads lol.

Haha awesome. I was not 100% certain but i was pretty much unable to believe Nintendo would make such a design, it was too big of a departure from their industrial design DNA, too formal and non ergonomic.

Bitanator

That dude who made a thread saying how the NX was the biggest mistake in gaming haha, it was not even the real thing

Okay here's the situation.

I knew it was a render. I bloody knew it.

You won't believe me.

But I believe me.

And that's all that matters.

Lol, well isn't it still likely that the NX controller was supposed to be haptic buttons anyway though? This just confirmed the design to be fake, not the concept, right?

illusionary

Yep, always seemed a bit far-fetched.- it was just *too* close to the design int he patent filing to ring true to me.

Bring on E3 and some real news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom