• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

orioto

Good Art™
New OP for modern times!
If you want to follow me and don't know where:

Tumblr - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

PATREON! (Early releases, 1200p, QHD walls, 4k walls, animated walls! Polls, contests to win posters and decide directly my next one!!..)

MY STORE IS HERE, for physical prints!

All the Wallpapers (More than 250) are available for each new patron on that page. And there is a GD page with everything by game year HERE!!

Recent stuff:

Also, important: I'm open for professional commissions! My mail is orioto@online.fr, or oriotoma@gmail.com (meaning for cd cover art or who knows what)

Whatever floats you boat :) Or just subscribe to that thread! I'll update the pretty big OP now!

------

Last edited:

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Timeless, beautiful, stunning.

I hadn't seen your Metroid piece yet. Incredible.

Lovely work. I'll agree with your assesment that sidescrollers lose something when going 3D, more so than a top down game.

ninj4junpei said:
Lovely work. I'll agree with your assesment that sidescrollers lose something when going 3D, more so than a top down game.

If only there was an old game where he could do both overhead and sidescrolling views...

(hint: Actraiser)

YYZ

People seem to like the Zelda one the most, but the Mario one with Bullet Bill is the best.

CiSTM

Banned
Awesome.

I really love the first one, I think it's best of them all. And if you are making more of these neat HD remakes then make one from Rocket Knight Adventure :) Pretty please.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
o.0

The LTTP, super metroid and Mega Man X wallpapers are my favorites. I really wouldn't be so down on the zelda one. It's probably your best.

Can't wait to see the CV one.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wow. I especially love the last Mario one where he's moving in 2D on a 3D plane. I can imagine playing it and it feels awesome in my mind. The Zelda one looks too much like LttP with WW Link and a nice rain-blur thrown in. I'd like to see something a bit more original for such a significant title.

Since you love 2D, here are some ideas that most people would 'get':

1. Contra
2. Master Blaster
3. Punch-Out!!
4. Dragon Quest
5. Final Fantasy
6. Wizards n Warriors

I'd personally love a new take on Crystalis, but I'm a dreamer.

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
legend%20of%20the%20mystical%20ninja,%20the.jpg

Go nuts, please!

orioto

Good Art™
Thx for the support guys !

Despite that the chat on my problem don't really begin yet:lol

May i propose an other subject ! About the castlevania project. I found a good reference for what i think is the very essence of castlevania Backgrounds. It's the Bussaco palace in Portugal. Wuuld you have other ideas for references ?

Remfin

badcrumble said:
If you put out a Chrono Trigger one that looks as good as the LTTP art you'll bring half the posters on GAF to tears.
I'd definitely second this notion!

The scene that immediately comes to mind would be the Trial of Crono. There is a lot of good detail in the original scene, and it isn't top down. I won't link pictures cause it isn't my webspace but just doing a Google Image search for "chrono trigger trial" gives a good few pics on the first page. I didn't even remember the gigantic stained-glass in the background...

yanhero

I agree with you that the top down view Zelda one isn't so interesting. Completely disagree with people who thinks thats the best one (I think its the worst one). However, the two Mario ones are gorgeous. I would kill to one day play a 2d Mario game in the style of your art from the one with the goombas.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Fucking incredible. Seen them before, and they still wow me.

The LttP one is one of my favorites. I wouldn't say it's in any way worse, or less interesting at all. Just different. 2 things you portray very well are movement and action, and the interplay of light in the dark. The Zelda one doesn't have much of either, and yet I still adore it.

Azure J

Thread is stamped with my seal of awesome. Also, gotta love getting that mention for your Green Hill Zone redux Orioto. Well done! :D

Also, if you're looking for new references, Super Mario land 2 needs more love.

Fantastic stuff, your latest Mario one is by far your best.

You should try your hand at some Treasure games such as Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes or Dynamite Headdy.
rb9rb7.gif

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I'll use my own megalomania to assume that me, a veritable nobody, using your awesome work as his new desktop means something. So here you go. Feel proud.

picture1_50b64b4.png

luffeN

overwhelming :D when i click on the videogame remake galery, nothing shows up for me. using firefox here. do i need to have an account?

zoku88 said:
Any chance of getting the first one at higher resolutions? :(

So beautiful, but too small for me
There is a 1920*1080 one on the same page, isn't that enough? Look for the screen icon/download option on the left side of the deviantart page.

And by the way, beautiful work Orioto, I downloaded The Mickey & Donald and also the Zelda one.

I know it's something entirely different, but you could also try to 2D-ify 3D games.

Like, for example, remake a scene from the game Bioshock in your fantastic 2D style. That would be really cool, and something different, which is good.

Azar

CiSTM said:
That would be sweet... But first Rocket Kninght Adventure !

I mean COME ON ! On scale 1 to 10 how awesome it would be ?
bfgnlw.png
Seconded. Rocket Knight Adventures is fantastic.

woobit

SnakeXs said:
I'll use my own megalomania to assume that me, a veritable nobody, using your awesome work as his new desktop means something. So here you go. Feel proud.

picture1_50b64b4.png

Deathspell Omega:D

On topic: I have the Bullet Bill one as wallpaper on my laptop. Looks sweet

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everyone is amazing but I've had the Super Metroid one as wallpaper for a month. It's that good.

Top Bottom