• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
banKai said:
when i click on the videogame remake galery, nothing shows up for me. using firefox here. do i need to have an account?

same problem here... but my god these are brilliant. i have Mario World as my background, i just wish there was some way to get these on a 360 theme :lol

on topic: i happen to think the LTTP work is wonderful, and really captures the feel of the source material.

Btw I had the same problem going to a blank page clicking the main gallery link, but had better luck clicking the individual images. I'm using the Mickey one now on my laptop.

These are fantastic, I set the Mickey/Donald one as my work background last week, can't wait to see what else you conjure up.

Tailzo

As a fellow artist, I must say I am highly impressed by your art. The use of color and just great representation of the different games stands out as something incredible to me.

Remfin said:
I'd definitely second this notion!

The scene that immediately comes to mind would be the Trial of Crono. There is a lot of good detail in the original scene, and it isn't top down. I won't link pictures cause it isn't my webspace but just doing a Google Image search for "chrono trigger trial" gives a good few pics on the first page. I didn't even remember the gigantic stained-glass in the background...
Good thought. I was thinking maybe something in a good outdoors area, possibly 65,000,000 BC somewhere or else in a forest.

Ranger X

You work is awesome. You are my desktop since MONTHS.

Oh and please underestimate your representation of top down games like your Zelda one. You think there's no depht but it's one of your best work. It truly is amazing.

orioto

Good Art™
Thx everyone !

Well it seems the top view isn't really a problem for you. I'll try more in this style, new zelda one or chrono maybe.

I don't really see why the link doesn't work in my first post, but i added my deviant page link in case !

Jme

I found your deviant art last week thanks to 4colorrebellion... amazing stuff. LttP is my fav. I would buy the shit out of that if it were remade.

Zoe

orioto said:
Thx everyone !

Well it seems the top view isn't really a problem for you. I'll try more in this style, new zelda one or chrono maybe.

homerdrool.gif

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Been a fan since the first one you posted around here.

To throw my hat in with the recommendation crowd, I'd love to see your take on Gunstar Heroes or Balloon Fight.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think the Zelda piece is one of the better ones!

Looks like the camera is much far away than on the actual game, but stuff still looks the correct size. And the rain is awesome. I dunno, i like it almost better than all the others.

jay

Why don't games look like these? Oh yeah, photorealism is more artistic, that's why all good art looks like real life.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have the two mario and the zelda ones on rotation on my desktop. every time it switches it makes me smile a little.

nice work.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to get them at a higher res?

Such incredible work.
Your grasp of lighting a scene really makes these stand out.
I have had the mario background for a while now but the Mickey / Donald one just stole my heart.

Cant wait for you to finish a Castlevania piece. The idea of Alucard represented with your style just gets me gitty.

Zelda piece is so awesome. It's like a little school diorama with tiny bushes and rocks and all.

When you get finished with your current works, think about doing Donkey Kong Country 2! :D

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I grabbed the mario world one, but may switch to another soon, they're all very cool.

hope to see:

MARIO KART!!!!!!! throw a super star in please.

OOT Zelda, Lonlon ranch, or one of the other extremely nostalgic places, would look cool if you can translate the n64 graphics nicely.

Reimagine starfox for your shooter.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Thanks, the Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse one is my new wallpaper... I am thinking about using it on my PS3 too (I like the "wave" a lot, but this is really nice :)).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Amazing work BUT you shouldn't sleep until you make a FATAL FURY wallpaper:D

Big Nikus

Holy Order Sol said:
Dude this is amazing. If games were remade that way we would probably all die from the awesome.

I approve.
I'm thinking of putting one or two in frames. These images are too fucking incredible for me to fear having someone say I'm a geek when they'll see one on a wall.

Awesome work dude.

y2dvd

Been a fan since the other thread. I have the zelda one set up as a wallpaper on the ps3. Everytime a guest comes over, they always get floored by your artwork. Great stuff!

First time seeing the Metroid pic, great as usual!

What's next? Castlevania? NES TMNT comes into mind!

FirewalkR

Incredible stuff, truly beautiful! Congrats dude lotta talent there. :D

OP must get tagged. GAF, tag ideas, inspiration mode activated NOW!

Top Bottom