• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You could always try a take on the FFVI intro part when the Magitek armors are walking towards Narshe when the Terra section of the Opening Theme song kicks in.

Or Edgar and Sabin flipping the coin to decide their fates; who becomes King of Figaro, who becomes exiled from their kingdom. Especially with Amano-inspired artwork.

orioto

Good Art™
I'm gping to think about it. Again, my goal is to find a style that would suit an entire game. That would be possible to do i mean !

Jonnyram

I have Mickey & Donald as my wallpaper on my laptop, and I printed the Milky Sky one out and use it as a cover for my schedule <3

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I hope developers are taking note of the possibilities. Amazing work.

orioto

Good Art™
Hey, little news !

Kind of frustrating actually, but i did an art for FFVI.

Unfortunatly i can't show it to you, cause it may, or may not be put on some us videogame site. They would have 1 month exclisivity on it. If and when it's done, you'll see it there.

I can tell you i went for a side view ala Odin Sphere. I think it would be the only way to match the artworks style and the theatrical kind of the game. It would be perfect for fights and drama scenes, and just a little weird (but not so much if well done) for exporation.

I took the really beginning of the game for the picture and i really tried to imagine what it would be in a real game. Except ideally, art would be done by killer artists lol, but i tried to compensatefor my bad drawing skills with a good mood and setting !

orioto

Good Art™
Xater said:
If early in the game means I get to see some mech action I'm all for it! :D

Don't tell me about mechs :( That's too hard to do, don't expect wonderful shading and realism :lol

ninjarr

Neo Member
Absolutely breathtaking, I love your goal and I love your art.

Chrono Trigger has some excellent scenes that might be worth investigating:

Magus:
fotochronotriggerxr7.jpg

Death Peak:
Marle%20Kissing%20Chrono%20after%20reviving%20him.bmp

Also... Secret of Mana:
Mana Tree:
tree.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
orioto said:
Ca va j'comprends bien en anglais:lol French speaking ? Hey i added you on my deviant journal in my friends !

For the FFVI talk (great talk !), wel ok let's say you give a non sd amano style to character. But i guess you don't see that from top anymore ? Yes ? More a FF VII-IX style with "cinematic" background with different angles ? But in this case, charas should be 3D and cell shaded.

Haha, alright, English it is :) Contrary to my username I'm half French, although writing it is always much more of a challenge than speaking it!

Thanks for the DA add, if I ever pay for a subscription and I can modify my layout, Ill make sure to do the same :)

orioto

Good Art™
Thx ninjarr, good material !

Raging Spaniard > You should find someone on deviant to pay you a subscription:lol

orioto

Good Art™
Hm some news again !
The things are going on with the site i'm in contact with, so i hope the FFVI art will be visible soon. i don't really like this feeling of having finished an art and having to wait for people to see it, but anyway..

And i also finished a... castlevania art !!! But at this rate, i'm going too fast for the site lol...
Just wait :\

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Good, can't wait for more Orioto's wallpapers :)

Here's hoping on this website you're speaking of they don't force you to registrate or shit like that to d/l the artworks.

Its ok...ill wait.
Its like a nintendo game(the old nintendo)...they say they are going to give it to us, then delay it and we complain to the heavens and damn them to hell.

They release it: joy comes to the world

Dascu

orioto said:
Hm some news again !
The things are going on with the site i'm in contact with, so i hope the FFVI art will be visible soon. i don't really like this feeling of having finished an art and having to wait for people to see it, but anyway..

And i also finished a... castlevania art !!! But at this rate, i'm going too fast for the site lol...
Just wait :\
FFVI and Castlevania pieces? Can't wait to see them.

orioto

Good Art™
Arthrus said:
I'm not so good with DeviantArt. Is it possible to order prints of a few of these? Somebody help me!

Unfortunatly i can't sell print on deviantart cause it's fanart and i don't own the copiright of it ! But you can download it on the art's page (download button to the left).

orioto

Good Art™
Little update on first page with a new one !! While i'm waiting for the castlevania and FFVI one cause the site's paper take some times, i finished this Street Fighter piece.

It was for a Brazilian videogame mag but i gave up and they stop answering my mail :D The thing is that managed to finish the piece with some SFIV help for the charas, but it's absolutly not what interests me in those kind of work.

The worse part is that i can imagine the killer street fighter i would like to see, but i havn't the skills to put it on the screen. well, anyway, hope some of you enjoy it !

PS: Ho and it's really blurry so the antiblur brigade will be pieced :lol
PS2 : For the unavoidable question, you can dl it at 2160p on the dl link, left to the picture on deviant !

bengraven

Any update on the site showing the FFVI artwork?

Sorry for begging this entire page, but it's my favorite JRPG my man.

orioto

Good Art™
bengraven said:
Any update on the site showing the FFVI artwork?

Sorry for begging this entire page, but it's my favorite JRPG my man.

I mailed them this afternoon but the paperwork (for my money !) is taking forever really... They have to postal mail me some things i believe...

mik

mik is unbeatable
Wow. It took me all of two seconds to decide that was my new wallpaper. It's gorgeous.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've been using the Zelda wallpaper ever since this thread popped up. Anticipating the FFVI wallpaper :D

CrisKre

The crazy thing about all of these, Orioto, is that this is probably how most of us would dream sequels to this games to look like. Its amazing man.

Do u draw this and them paint them on photoshop?

Mik2121

CrisKre said:
The crazy thing about all of these, Orioto, is that this is probably how most of us would dream sequels to this games to look like. Its amazing man.

Do u draw this and them paint them on photoshop?
Apparently, for the last one he used a picture for the airplane and modified it, and used sprites for both Chun-Li and Guile and painted on top of them. That would explain why it takes a shorter time to do these.

orioto

Good Art™
Mik2121 said:
Apparently, for the last one he used a picture for the airplane and modified it, and used sprites for both Chun-Li and Guile and painted on top of them. That would explain why it takes a shorter time to do these.

It's basically matte painting.

Actually, the last one took me more than 20 hours haha :D I took the plane but i edited it a lot, and especially, i changed the ground and the sky, and added a storm behind (but it's no really visible in the final version -_-), cause i don't like empty and fixed bg in versus :D

Here is the background :

StreetBackground.jpg

I played a lot on the light cause the original pic (wich i didnt' saved -_-) had absolutely no light. It was just ugly.

And for the "sprites", i just used SF IV screen. That's the big failure in it. It's not really interesting to to that cause in the end, it's just basically a 2D version of Street IV, where it should have been a redesign of the charas. But i just can't do that, or i gave up at least !

But it shows one thing. SF IV has great graphics, cause even if it's edited a lot to look 2D , look at the Chun Li sprite, it's the original model details !

Ho and thx for the destructoid guys who made me some advertising :D

orioto

Good Art™
Hehe, little advertising time here. it seems the interview i gave for Nintendo Power is out in libraries !

I f someone has it and can scan it, it would be great, cause they didn't send me one^^

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
orioto said:
Hehe, little advertising time here. it seems the interview i gave for Nintendo Power is out in libraries !

I f someone has it and can scan it, it would be great, cause they didn't send me one^^

You lucky bastard. You deserve it all though. :p

orioto said:
With a big interview !

Nintendo Power 1st page

Nintendo Power 2nd page

I know scans aren't allowed technically... let me know if i have to remove the link !
A nice guy on deviant scaned it for me !

For the news, i'm working on a Mario lava stage right now. I hope it will be really dynamic !
This...is...BIG!!!
Congrats, you certainly deserve every bit of it! Not to sound corny, but...Im proud of you. Sometimes good work goes unnoticed, and its great to see that isnt the case right here. I think i might piss myself...

edit: let me know if i need to delete the links

Azure J

Man, you never fail to disappoint. I've gotta say though, for someone who wants to break out into the field with nothing more than just vague concepts and imagery in his head, the way you answered that first question really spoke to me.

Great stuff Orioto. I hope that it all pays off for you even more in the future. :D

orioto, that is awesome! :eek: Seriously...congrats! How did you feel when you were chosen to be interviewed? Are you able to talk about it? How did they do it? Like, did they send you questions by e-mail and you just answered them and stuff?

Top Bottom