• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan |KS| A boy, alone, surviving a devastating alien invasion (PS4 goal @36k)

92%, and it's not even the final 48 hours yet

I just hope that 10k backer doesn't pull out. I'm suspicious of unusually big pledges like that

Wow, this looks fantastic. Is it on PC?

Unfortunately no, it was PS1 only. It was a tremendous little game, held back only by some of the most poorly conceived CG on the system (it ran at about 12 fps and had a hideous art style).

But it truly is the direct inspiration to Limbo and these games. Certainly Chahi's seminal game, Another World, is the one most often name-checked, but that's just because so few people played this one.

Yes, funded!! Congrats to the team, definitely hoping for a PS4 version!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Unfortunately no, it was PS1 only. It was a tremendous little game, held back only by some of the most poorly conceived CG on the system (it ran at about 12 fps and had a hideous art style).

There was absolutely a PC version, that's how I played it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
3 hours left. Back back back!

Edit: Funded! Happy for the guy. His game shows a lot of promise and this was apparently a big risk for him.

Some recent post-KS screenshots

eVYTJvz.gif

CNDQSZ7U8AAXZxt.jpg

CIkUvBjWoAADxHG.png

CIhhZSDWsAE4ZXq.png

CM_I8HvWsAAZzip.png

Game seems to be coming along nicely. Some cool stuff from recent updates

An aerial enemy
8zmapPJ.jpg

Climbing and jumping in the caves. One piece of equipment you can find are the climbing gloves, which double your grip meter
PMhw2tL.gif

Nice little details in the caves. Insects will be attracted to your light, and roaming bats will eat those insects
W6RhXRY.jpg

Different backpacks, which affect the size of your inventory
pk6OPYI.jpg

Some different tools you can find
pT0XkvH.jpg

Like the binoculars, which let you see up to five screens away to scout enemies, places to hide, etc.
C9WHsID.jpg

and the shield
ncFtPUF.jpg

or the smoke grenade
wxtKDWD.jpg

finalflame

Gold Member
Game looks endlessly charming, just wish it wasn't a side-scroller, on account that I'm burn out on indie side-scrolling titles. Will give it a look once it's officially released, though.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel pretty much everything BUT the main character looks nice. It might avoid being so Limbo-like with the various light effects, but that main character and its animation are weirdly annoying and jarring to me for some reason.

eFKac

Saw my post from March heh.

So glad it's coming along nicely, looks great, will definitely get for my PS4 when it releases.

ultrazilla

I can't believe there's really been no hype or much talk of the game here. It's got an amazing atmosphere, great soundtrack, controls, graphics, etc.
I was gifted the PC/Steam version from my brother.

For those of you who loved Limbo and Inside, this *IS* the game you'll want to play to fill that void if you've played through those games. I mean, Orphan
channels those games so well you could almost say this is the third game in those series of games(it's not though FYI).

At only $14.99 it's a steal. Highly recommended! :messenger_sunglasses:

Top Bottom