• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscar Isaac Reveals Why He Wanted to Play Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid Movie

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking with Total Film in a recent interview, Isaac explained that, as you might expect, he was a massive fan of the original Metal Gear Solid. "I just loved the game," Isaac said when asked why he wanted to make sure that he could take part in the movie adaptation. "I love the feeling that the game would give me every time I’d play. It’s just a strangely isolated, mournful, lonely game to play that has these incredible moments of violence and terror, with these weird, psychedelic concepts and villains. But, yes, it’s kind of like psychedelic military horror things that happen."

Isaac went on to say that he was also a big fan of the themes that creator Hideo Kojima wove into the original Metal Gear Solid. "And the truth is, underneath the whole thing, it’s an anti-war story. So I think those are the elements I really love," Isaac explained. "And, like I said, I love the feel of playing it, and the big question of: can something like that be transferred – or can you explore those themes in a really interesting way – on film?"

Kuranghi

So will there be a "submit" button in the cinema/mobile app you can press during the torture scene and it branches to an alternate version where Meryl dies and he kisses Otacon at the end instead? Thats probably the default ending actually, they fuck on an elk or something.

Great Hair

Banned
Please find someone else (based on his Star Wars "cameos"). Snake has to be around 6"4, rougher, tougher, a war-ridden soldier. This fella looks like a hipster working in an office or as a barber in one of those hipster barber shops selling that 1960 vibe "cut, look" wearing tight blue jeans and leather boots.

How many times do i have to repeat myself:
"Make a fucking CGI movie! you lazy bastard! Use the original assets and add a ton of raytracing ... voila!"

If not, Tom Holland will portray young Ocelot!

Y'all would cast David Hayter and turn this into an arthouse project. They gotta make money, and they got a great actor that actually wants to do the role.
He is too petite, does not fit at all inside a "war setting". Not as a commander, lieutenant or colonel, nor foot soldier or james bond. A CGi´s film using the game assets (improved) is enough and the cohesion with the existing game character, lore kept intact.

No stupid actors need to be paid jack shit and everyone is happy. I wonder who´s gonna portray Pyscho Mantis, Sniper Wolf or any other MGS Boss. If Squaresoft can render a movie in time back 2001 with Pentium 233mhz, then ...

At least give Ryan Gosling the role of Nathan ... tell him to buff up and be ready for shoot. Can not wait for the laughs when Uncharted the movie is finally shown ...

How convincing is Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible? Does he look like some runty dude?
How tall is Matt Damon, was he convincing as Jason Bourne?
They are both supposed to be the best of the best, and they aren't 6-4...
Audie Murphy is one of the most decorated soldiers in American history and stood at a whopping 5-5.

This kind of thing starts with the acting ability first and foremost... everything else is secondary to that. And Oscar Issac is a great actor.

He got no face for playing a tough dude. He looks like an italian violin "artist", part time 3 star Michelin cook.

Tom Cruise has proven many times, he can act .. though he never played a military dude. You would not buy it, Tom as a Paratrooper or Irak Soldier ....

Tom Cruise looks like a stepdance dancer from canada and with Matt Damon, Will Smith is similar. No matter what they do, they will never sell it. Should they ever remake Batman and Robin, Matt Damon would fit well as the new Robin.

Idris Elba has the "military, tough face", but sadly he cant act at all ... most actors only fit 1 role. Ask Ryan Gosling ..

Last edited:
Please find someone else (based on his Star Wars "cameos"). Snake has to be around 6"4, rougher, tougher, a war-ridden soldier. This fella looks like a hipster working in an office or as a barber in one of those hipster barber shops selling that 1960 vibe "cut, look" wearing tight blue jeans and leather boots.

"Make a fucking CGI movie! you lazy bastard! Use the original assets and add a ton of raytracing ... voila!"

Y'all would cast David Hayter and turn this into an arthouse project. They gotta make money, and they got a great actor that actually wants to do the role.

sCHOCOLATE

He is too petite, does not fit at all inside a "war setting". Not as a commander, lieutenant or colonel, nor foot soldier or james bond. A CGi´s film using the game assets (improved) is enough and the cohesion with the existing game character, lore kept intact.

No stupid actors need to be paid jack shit and everyone is happy. I wonder who´s gonna portray Pyscho Mantis, Sniper Wolf or any other MGS Boss. If Squaresoft can render a movie in time back 2001 with Pentium 233mhz, then ...

At least give Ryan Gosling the role of Nathan ... tell him to buff up and be ready for shoot. Can not wait for the laughs when Uncharted the movie is finally shown ...
20 or 30 years earlier and they should have used the original live-action Snake (Plissken)...Kurt Russell.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
who is that bloke ?
him
giphy.gif

EruditeHobo

He is too petite, does not fit at all inside a "war setting". Not as a commander, lieutenant or colonel, nor foot soldier or james bond.

How convincing is Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible? Does he look like some runty dude?
How tall is Matt Damon, was he convincing as Jason Bourne?
They are both supposed to be the best of the best, and they aren't 6-4...
Audie Murphy is one of the most decorated soldiers in American history and stood at a whopping 5-5.

This kind of thing starts with the acting ability first and foremost... everything else is secondary to that. And Oscar Issac is a great actor.

Last edited:

He got no face for playing a tough dude. He looks like an italian violin "artist", part time 3 star Michelin cook.

Tom Cruise has proven many times, he can act .. though he never played a military dude. You would not buy it, Tom as a Paratrooper or Irak Soldier ....

Tom Cruise looks like a stepdance dancer from canada and with Matt Damon, Will Smith is similar. No matter what they do, they will never sell it. Should they ever remake Batman and Robin, Matt Damon would fit well as the new Robin.

Idris Elba has the "military, tough face", but sadly he cant act at all ... most actors only fit 1 role. Ask Ryan Gosling ..

Not to mention Isaac is the wrong race to play Snake, unless they shoehorn a South American back story into the film.

Top Bottom