• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

A lot of things, wouldn't be able to sum it up properly, but basically she was going against what they were supposed to discuss and bursted out (about all his policies) against him, in front of his fans sitting behind dim.

Wow, that sounds brutal. Thanks for the update

Explicitly naming Hollande on TV as the source of his woes is Trump levels of delusional bullshit. This is beneath him and the presidency.

I don't particularly hate Fillon's platform, but with every passing day, he shows he's a complete sociopath. It's Chabrol meets Breaking Bad.

G.O.O.

ah crap, I couldn't watch it. It looks like quite a good show too

veZsqrm.jpg

mo60

Explicitly naming Hollande on TV as the source of his woes is Trump levels of delusional bullshit. This is beneath him and the presidency.

I don't particularly hate Fillon's platform, but with every passing day, he shows he's a complete sociopath. It's Chabrol meets Breaking Bad.

Hollande doesn't care about fillon much.He cares more about protecting the integrity of the french presidential election this year then whatever a third place candidate in this french election has to say about him. He's probably enjoying his last few months as president.

Simplet

From the latest polls it looks like Mélenchon may have stolen some Le Pen voters due to his debate performance, that would be quite funny :p

Hamon keeps getting squeezed...

azyless

either no one paid attention to the pic, or it wasn't as funny for you guys as it was for me :(

also Fillon telling exhausted nurses they should work more was really fucking brutal

https://twitter.com/LEPolitique/status/845015788222214144
Lol, no shame at all. François over there getting suits from his "friends" that would cost most people 6 months of salary and getting his wife and children "jobs" that pay 7000€/month, telling exhausted nurses to "just make an effort". Fucking hell.

Magni

FKyt1bz.png

Ceci confirme cela.

Lol at Fillon being below Mélenchon. Shows how far I've gone from the right (or how far they've gone from me).

On arrête pas l'éco on France Inter has Le Pen's economic advisor and they're grilling him on their proposals (as they do with every candidate).
He really sounds of his depth and living in a fantasy land. These guys always bullshit their way through these interviews, but this one is pretty spectacular.

I mean, Le Pen could be right about every other issue and be a great person that just her economic insanity should be disqualifying.

and Macron gave him the cold "thank you but don't expect anything" answer.
I hope Valls never shows up before a long time. What an opportunist and an upstart. He kind of remind me of Sarkozy...

Now I don't really see how the PS can survive these elections. And that could be a good thing afterall. This country need a real leftwing alternative.

Alx

Yeah if anything it's a poisoned gift to Macron, since he's trying his best to cut himself free from the previous government. And his opponents will obviously use it against him, saying "see, he's really the continuation of Hollande & Valls policies".

I'm still unsure how this benefits Macron TBH.

It's not like Valls is popular, and further destroying PS could lead Hamon voters to fall back to Mélenchon, who's probably a bigger electoral threat to Macron than Hamon.

20cent

Banned
As usual. everyone I don't like is Hitler / Putin's puppet.

Anyway I'll vote for anyone else opposing Macron if this POS is on second round, even if it means Le Pen.

Anyway I'll vote for anyone else opposing Macron if this POS is on second round, even if it means Le Pen.

Literally a picture of her with Putin just a few photos up and the statement about Russian banks financing her campaign right before. Okay

I don't know what/who you're referring to but Le Pen definitely admires Putin's worldview and policies. She's not a puppet, she's a willing ally.

Slaythe

At least Valls is consistent.

Betrayed the people with his 49.3, betrayed hollande with his surprise candidature, betrayed Hamon by not supporting him, and now betraying his own party by murdering it.

Alx

To be fair to Valls, he didn't betray Hollande. On the contrary, he refused to announce anything before Hollande himself decided to stay out of the race, and only then (and after meeting him) did Valls take his decision.
For all the criticism that he gets, I still have some respect for him, because he does have some sort of integrity, except that it's more towards his beliefs rather than his party (which is how it should work anyway). What I dislike about him is that some of those strong opinions he has on specific social matters, where he can emit surprisingly Sarkozyst vibes, but apart from that he's not a bad politician.

LOL

Blames people who caricature candidates as being Hitler / Putin's puppet but is litterally ready to vote for a Nazi's friend and Russian shill.

Slaythe

To be fair to Valls, he didn't betray Hollande. On the contrary, he refused to announce anything before Hollande himself decided to stay out of the race, and only then (and after meeting him) did Valls take his decision.
For all the criticism that he gets, I still have some respect for him, because he does have some sort of integrity, except that it's more towards his beliefs rather than his party (which is how it should work anyway). What I dislike about him is that some of those strong opinions he has on specific social matters, where he can emit surprisingly Sarkozyst vibes, but apart from that he's not a bad politician.

Full of shit.

He forced Hollande's hand with the declaration he made in the JDD implying he WOULD be a candidate. After he did this, the PS was split among those that wanted Valls over Hollande, which pushed Hollande in a corner because he already had to face the other candidates, having to face Valls on top of it was suicide.

Also, integrity ? He said he would support the winner of the primaries. Not only did he lie, but he also did the exact opposite of that.

And why ? Hamon might not be close to his ideals, but his values are 100% left. Valls is just playing games for what's to come after the election. It's obvious. And it's also quite obnoxious.

Melanchon in my town tonight. Tempted to go see him. last meeting I went was Rafarrin for the EU text many years ago as a kid.

Could be an experience to go a to real campaign meeting.

Alx

Also, integrity ? He said he would support the winner of the primaries. Not only did he lie, but he also did the exact opposite of that.

Indeed, which is why I said "some sort of integrity". If it was full integrity, he would refuse the concept of primaries to begin with, and run as an independent candidate (like Macron did).
He definitely has no integrity towards the PS, there is no real excuse not to follow his promise of supporting the winner of the primaries. I don't think he does it out of strategy though, he's just someone who doesn't think things through and just goes with his guts and personal opinions.

Slaythe

Indeed, which is why I said "some sort of integrity". If it was full integrity, he would refuse the concept of primaries to begin with, and run as an independent candidate (like Macron did).
He definitely has no integrity towards the PS, there is no real excuse not to follow his promise of supporting the winner of the primaries. I don't think he does it out of strategy though, he's just someone who doesn't think things through and just goes with his guts and personal opinions.

Then I guess we can agree on some points.

But it's hard not to see the bitter man, hurt in his ego, trying to exist beyond the election for me.

Sinsem

Melanchon in my town tonight. Tempted to go see him. last meeting I went was Rafarrin for the EU text many years ago as a kid.

You'll have a hard time getting a place inside though.
For the one in Rennes there were more people outside than inside (in a 4800 places venue).

But it's quite the experience.

Wow. Surprising to see some gaffers I'm used to see in Gaming side are actually French gaf too :")

G.O.O.

fdwelRr.jpg

One could say Hamon betrayed the government when he became a frondeur. I understand why he did, but that's obviously not how parties are supposed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom