• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OT-GAF: Today begins...our Judgement Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

jakncoke said:
has anything even happened yet? :lol . this does not bode well.

Everyone's got their michael jackson popcorn gif at hand, F5 buttons have been replaced. All systems are green. NOW THEY WAIT.

MightyKAC

yoda_biography_3.jpg

"Begun, the thread wars have"

Count me in! Viva la resistance MuthaFuckas!!!!

soultron

Banned
Arnold-747438.bmp

I tried to come up with a funny Ahnold reference. But they were all taken. So take this funny .bmp image instead.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
EviLore said:
Also, if it happens, don't start OT threads in the gaming side.

Me and my girlfriend had a fight about the Sony E3 conference. Help me, OT!!!!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
EviLore said:
OT may be closed temporarily during the big conferences if necessary, as with every E3. Don't panic if it happens; if it does it'll only be for a short while. Also, if it happens, don't start OT threads in the gaming side.
Thanks for the update, dude.

May your new servers survive this bloodbath.

Mason

- Close off GAF to members only.
- Start banning anyone on the gaming side who makes an insubstantial post (less than a sentence)

Profit.

RubxQub

Mason said:
- Close off GAF to members only.
- Start banning anyone on the gaming side who makes an insubstantial post (less than a sentence)

Profit.
E3 has to be some of the best free PR for getting members, so I'd understand not wanting to shut out lurkers.

...still...if we had to choose between members and lurkers...

I don't see it happening, though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not ever closing to guests, guests are the primary viewership of GAF and the whole system is designed so that a small percentage of people post and a large percentage of people view.

FairyD

I totally forgot that e3 is going on. I think I'm just losing all interest in games. Its strange since I would also go nuts reading about that sort of stuff.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Just like riding a bike... glad to see the OT is back. :)

SRG01

Now let's home Gaming doesn't send some Terminators back in time to prevent OT from popping back up. :D

RubxQub

We fought long and well my brothers.

The machines may have won the battle...but we will...win this war.

Gallbaro

Banned
RubxQub said:
We fought long and well my brothers.

The machines may have won the battle...but we will...win this war.

Its inevitable, the aging of the generations and the assumed increase in maturity will eventually free the children from their obedience to toys.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Topher said:
WHAT IS THE CURRENT STARDATE!?!?!?

It's... 2009.152.

...where are you from?

[edit]
FUCK I posted in the OT when I promised myself I'd never return... I couldn't help myself >_<

Hootie said:
It's...it's over GAF...we made it. We made it.

It's finished.

SONY SUX XBOX SUX NINTENDO SUX

I watched the events for a little while. The predictability of the whole thing is so fucking sad.

• Company A has a press conference; fanboys and trolls ready themselves for war.
  • Company A makes announcement. Thread is made and the new development is praised by the majority of the posters in the thread as the second coming of Jesus Christ.
  • Troll posts flame bait. Mindless back-and-forth ensues for the next 20 pages.
  • Meanwhile, Company A has announced a new product and the cycle overlaps and repeats itself.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'd like to think this was Gaming GAFs Judgment Day, instead.

And what a poor judgment it was.

don't you use Firefox? didn't you see the red squigglies?

I'm sorry, it's practically a compulsion

Danthrax said:
don't you use Firefox? didn't you see the red squigglies?

I'm sorry, it's practically a compulsion

I pride myself on writing the best I can whenever I write, regardless of the format or context. (I may sometimes forgo grammar to make fun a thread.)

I'm using Safari, and I just checked "judgment" and "judgement" on TextEdit as well, and both are recognized and accepted.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
WickedAngel said:
Squigglies indeed.

yes, "squigglies" brings up red squigglies... irony

FlightOfHeaven said:
I pride myself on writing the best I can whenever I write, regardless of the format or context. (I may sometimes forgo grammar to make fun a thread.)

I'm using Safari, and I just checked "judgment" and "judgement" on TextEdit as well, and both are recognized and accepted.

weird. it's totally only supposed to be judgment. AP Stylebook FTW

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Danthrax said:
yes, "squigglies" brings up red squigglies... irony

weird. it's totally only supposed to be judgment. AP Stylebook FTW
The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both the American "judgment" and the British "judgement" as acceptable.

Kritz

Banned
WickedAngel said:
I watched the events for a little while. The predictability of the whole thing is so fucking sad.

• Gaming Forum has an event; forum fanboys and trolls ready themselves for war.
  • Off topic forum is closing down. Thread is made and the shut-down is shunned by a majority of the posters as the coming of judgement day.
  • Event finishes, subforum returns. Mindless back-to-back whining ensues for the next 20 pages.
  • One year later, gaming forum has same event and the cycle overlaps and repeats itself.

I always find the needless hate of the gaming side kind of funny. In a really dumb kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom