• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| NEOGAF 2020 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE [REAL PICS ONLY]

There isn't a thread for gaming pick ups for the current year, so I'll make the thread. In this thread, you can show what you've bought, games, hardware, accesories, toys, everything related to gaming.

Archive

2019 https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neog...our-gaming-goods-more-real-pics-only.1471542/

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, it's about goddamn time. It's not like we just stopped buying dumb shit because it's a new decade.

Guess I'll repost my stuff from earlier today:

mISbk9c.png

SKkq9X1.jpg

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all stop buying shit or something?

Pretty much, yes :confused: My money is way down so nothing but bills and essential shopping is the way forward until further notice.

Good opportunity to tackle the backlog though I suppose 🤔

Well, this thread's a fucking graveyard?

Y'all stop buying shit or something?

Well, I will continue to fight the good fight. I bought this:

gafXVRB.jpg

Which uh... doesn't tell you much. But when you hook it up to a TV, it does this:

9pY9pMf.jpg

Cool!

I also got Mr Robot, not that anyone cares.

OrhV2ys.jpg
Is it worth watching ? I’m currently on Barry and need something else

I bought an iPad Pro but I’m considering returning it since I heard there’s a new one coming out later this year.
This thread is going to blow up after people get their $1200 check

Ecto311

OZHWulol.jpg

UeFlT0Pl.jpg

JdGXoHql.jpg

Rj0xl8ql.jpg

w6eqSDfl.jpg

Ah9lRkVl.jpg

The ender3 blew me away with how well it worked compared to my old Maker Select V2 and since the V2 burned up (never installed the mosfet on the power supply) I went with it. Really happy with how it works and how consistent it is. It even works well with old filament that the MSv2 would never print properly

The LD-002r is a new machine for us and resin is a huge pain in the ass. But it does make some highly detailed models compared to the Ender3. But the entire process of printing, cleaning in IPA, ultrasonic cleaner bath, set in the sun or UV box is a dangerous and drawn out process compared to melt plastic on hot bed and off you go.

Sweet! a 2020 thread!!

Anyone else just loving all the time in the world to play games right now?! I've been jumping around between a few games, beat Hell House on hard mode a couple nights ago, Cloud & Aerith were down to 2 MP each. Playing The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners and some Mario Maker 2, building new levels for my first complete map.

Onto the pick-ups...

HPfC2Ejh.jpg

Bad North arrived from Limited Run Games today, Limited Run #058, I didn't really know much about this game but after playing the demo it was definitely a me kind of game, I love RTS games. It hasn't disappointed I've been playing for about 8 hrs now since opening the mail. Its simple but polished and it does require some thought as far as strategy for the maps and how you handle your upgrades. Highly recommended, easy to lose yourself in.

As per Havoc2049 Havoc2049 's request, what is in the can next to my First Class Edition? a Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Potion with Zack Fair on it. I don't think I'll drink it 13 years later or I'll be performing the Toilet Summon. Pictured with it are a couple pins and a shot glass from my brother on his last trip to Japan and the Square-Enix Cafe.

vNEKzRoh.jpg

0oO5s2Zh.jpg

Hehe this also showed up in the mail today, thought the shipping would have taken way longer from Japan. Got to play some Taiko Drum Master this afternoon, much to my neighbours disappointment :messenger_tears_of_joy:

bvvBYcuh.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

Some stupid shit I bought recently:

A NIB MegaCD 2. I've never actually played a Sega CD before, which is kind of crazy. Only game I have for it right now is Bari-Arm (Android Assault in the US).

yH06wrW.jpg

Couple of Saturn games, because I like to stay more current:

6ZCBdbp.jpg

Since I'm spending a lot more time at home, I needed to sort of my coffee situation. Since my options are essentially: none. Fixed that problem:

Jp9A9Ch.jpg

I've got some other dumb shit on the way, but I guess the bigger upcoming thing is my new speakers, which I finally ordered yesterday. 4-5 week production time on 'em, but they should be worth the wait. Really can't wait to ditch my current speakers.

D.Final

Banned
Sweet! a 2020 thread!!

Anyone else just loving all the time in the world to play games right now?! I've been jumping around between a few games, beat Hell House on hard mode a couple nights ago, Cloud & Aerith were down to 2 MP each. Playing The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners and some Mario Maker 2, building new levels for my first complete map.

Onto the pick-ups...

HPfC2Ejh.jpg

Bad North arrived from Limited Run Games today, Limited Run #058, I didn't really know much about this game but after playing the demo it was definitely a me kind of game, I love RTS games. It hasn't disappointed I've been playing for about 8 hrs now since opening the mail. Its simple but polished and it does require some thought as far as strategy for the maps and how you handle your upgrades. Highly recommended, easy to lose yourself in.

As per Havoc2049 Havoc2049 's request, what is in the can next to my First Class Edition? a Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Potion with Zack Fair on it. I don't think I'll drink it 13 years later or I'll be performing the Toilet Summon. Pictured with it are a couple pins and a shot glass from my brother on his last trip to Japan and the Square-Enix Cafe.

vNEKzRoh.jpg

0oO5s2Zh.jpg

Freaking awesome

Anyone else play this yet? It seems like atleast where I am there haven't been many copies sent to stores yet due to COVID-19 and the shipping of things that takes longer than usual but I managed to snag a copy at Walmart. For those of you that haven't heard/ seen much on it, I included a clip from my YouTube below.

6SDIynOh.jpg

Maneater is basically a "ShaRkPG" The exploration is pretty fun on its own, with several areas on large map to progress too as your Bull Shark grows. In each section of the map it has a large variety of quests to complete, from discovery, hunts of larger predators, license plate collecting and of course people eating.

Gain enough of a threat level (like RDR or GTA) hunters are sent after you with laser sighted riffles. Take out enough hunters and one of the good ol' boys from a Deadliest Catch type show are sent to join the hunting party.

Defeat the local reality TV hunters to unlock new evolutionary progressions to upgrade your Shark into the ultimate APEX predator. The game is unique and fun, it took abit of a hit in the reviews for being too repetitive but its definitely entertained me.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

My speakers finally got here. Only problem is... I can't move them where they need to go because they're too damn heavy. Hopefully getting some help with that tomorrow. Build quality is out of this fucking world, though. Hopefully will have pics in the next few days.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get this without a pre-order the morning of launch day. Picked it up at London Drugs, as most people never think to shop there. I do have it on the Wii but never played it all the way through.
rZCPbkIh.jpg

I just completed the 5th level on Iron Man VR and its not disappointing. Best tracking on any PSVR game as you almost have full 360 turning without a message warning you that you're out of the play area.

FeT5Qg3h.jpg

A couple of repros which was kinda a thing As per my Nintendo-Nemories.com Thread which was apparently flew super under the radar.

lEmb2mSh.jpg

Last edited:
My gaming eBay l00t haul for last week!

3i7kGeH.jpg

jm2sqT9.jpg

DOTT for my retro DOS/Win9x PC gaming rig (P4 3.4 ghz Northwood, underclocked).

qlz7hI8.jpg

And... I scored a pristine, barely-used PS-Vita (1002 model)! Dat' OLED screen :messenger_savoring:

I picked one up on launch day initially for Wipeout and I always regretted selling it 12 months later. I'm super happy that I managed to get this bad boy back in my collection in as-new condition. It'd never been online! It now has Haxchi installed and some homebrew games (including the amazing Another Metroid 2 Remake). The tempered glass screen protector is also new.

Last edited:
This week's l00t :messenger_beermugs:

WP-20200724-19-51-21-Pro.jpg

I know the N3DS isn't popular around here but it's my favourite handheld and I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem and Persona :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I bought a pristine FE Fates N3DS XL console in "used" condition (not my preference but it's not available now via retail... and it cost me more as a result). Happily, it might as well be brand new! It's immaculate and was originally bought for a collection and never used.

And on that note, I'm on a mission to grab everything on the 3DS that I want before the values inevitably sky rocket to ridiculous prices (like NDS & GBA game prices have done).

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Today I made some upgrades to my home network and bought my first ethernet switch:

elmPmaH.jpg

I got Microcenter to price match Amazon at $19 for 8 ports and I'm very happy with the speeds and additional ethernet ports. Now all the videogame systems connected to my entertainment center will be hardwired instead of using wifi.

Danny Dudekisser

Haven't posted here in a while, and I never did post those speakers I got a few months ago. Maybe I'll do that soon and pretend like it's a new thing.

Whatever. I had a good couple of days as far as arcade stuff goes. Out of control, really, but I knocked out a couple of holy grail games for me. It's one of those things where I think back to when I first wanted to get into arcade stuff and how daunting it was, and I'm super thankful I'm able to do it now.

ANYWAY, let's start with the weak shit:

dtebMwZ.png

Art of Fighting 2 Neo Geo cart and Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha. The other thing is a JAMMA harness extension, from the guy that makes the HAS supergun. It's already proven to be suuuuper useful.

More weak shit:

vuNjRvC.png

Which is this game:

Vr7YWW0.png

And on to the REAL shit:

TRYPwHX.png

People always seem to white out the serial number, so I did it too to try and fit in.

The game is:

0ROsfpv.png

And lastly, more extremely real shit:

TjAf3Sc.png

Which does this when you turn it on:

wrswfaq.png

Phew. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with this.

Singho

dtebMwZ.png

Art of Fighting 2 Neo Geo cart and Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha. The other thing is a JAMMA harness extension, from the guy that makes the HAS supergun. It's already proven to be suuuuper useful.

Hey man, have you got a link to the Jamma Harness?

I have a supergun I use for my CPS3 set up, but the Jamma Harness and Kick Harness are weak as shit and don't look as sturdy as the one in your pic. The plastic outer casing already and the non exposed wires makes what I have at the moment ameterish. Cheers.

Danny Dudekisser

Hey man, have you got a link to the Jamma Harness?

I have a supergun I use for my CPS3 set up, but the Jamma Harness and Kick Harness are weak as shit and don't look as sturdy as the one in your pic. The plastic outer casing already and the non exposed wires makes what I have at the moment ameterish. Cheers.

Yup: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/12191-fs-jamma-extension-harness/

PM the guy. Last I saw, he still had some in-stock. It's a top-notch product.

Maybe I’m insane, but as far as my luck with finding crts go this was the find of century.

Drove to Penn. From 3 states over for a barely used pristine fv300 27 inch. I don’t want any 32s or larger since they’re so damn big. And I’ve never seen any 27s lately.

my end game crt.

Cheers mate! I’m extremely happy about it. Mostly n64, Wii and GameCube currently but I’m definitely going to pick up a snes and genesis at some point 😊

a3WondU.gif

Legendary. It makes me happy that that quality CRT is being preserved by a worthy custodian and a fellow NeoGAF member! That CRT has found a good home.

You should consider a MiSTer FPGA to use with it. Although, a hacked Wii on a CRT will also give you an amazing emulated experience. That's what I'm using at the moment until I get a MiSTer.

For fun, here's a pic of my 2006 era 16:9 Sony CRT. I wasn't fortunate enough to score a 4:3 Sony CRT, but this TV is amazing regardless... and it's become one of my favourite gaming possessions, it even does 720p! (Excuse the mess, I've been moving things around in this gaming room)

s0DOUCI.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom